Quantcast

Northeast Monkeyfest 2005

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I Are Baboon said:
Not to shabby!

Looks like I'll be bringing my Rocky Mountain instead of my Titus. :( We have to take the wife's truck (I'm having car issues) and the Titus doesn't fit in it. Oh well. I'm faster on the Rocky Mountain.
I am going back and forth between the Ted Wojcik and the Soul Hardline.

The Ted is lighter and has full squish, the Soul has newer components on it.

Hmmmmm.......

IAB we could probably carry the Titus on Laura's hitch rack if you want.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
clrgrafix2 said:
Hey all. Im a ridemonkey newbie. I will be up at the kingdom trails with my wife and a couple buds. I ride with a guy named doug and he is leading us up there on friday night. I have a new black honda truck and we should be camping so I hope to see you all. I have a big yeti with 66rc so youll probably see me huffing up the hills. If you do come on up and say hi. :thumb:
Hey welcome to the Monkey and just look for a bunch of nuts wearing green and grey and black RM jerseys! :D We'll probably be extremeley hard to miss!

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Back from two days at Kingdom.

Big ride on the SS + killer heat and humidity = :dead:

The new Tody's Tour might just be the best flowing trail ever made by mankind :thumb:

Got my link from Santa Cruz, Blur will be ready, no SS for me.

Anyone planning on doing a shuttled night ride friday night??

Can't wait! :dancing:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
clrgrafix2 said:
Hey all. Im a ridemonkey newbie. I will be up at the kingdom trails with my wife and a couple buds. I ride with a guy named doug and he is leading us up there on friday night. I have a new black honda truck and we should be camping so I hope to see you all. I have a big yeti with 66rc so youll probably see me huffing up the hills. If you do come on up and say hi. :thumb:

Excellent!! See you there! We'll be easy to spot with the all the ridemonkey jerseys.
MMcG said:
I am going back and forth between the Ted Wojcik and the Soul Hardline.

The Ted is lighter and has full squish, the Soul has newer components on it.

Hmmmmm.......

IAB we could probably carry the Titus on Laura's hitch rack if you want.
Well we are looking a at a pretty slow pace this weekend, so I would not concern yourself too much about weight or speed.

I'd love to take you up on that hitch offer! The Titus is just so much more fun to ride.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Crazy Sweeper said:
gotta love those stray thunderstorms.

hey treesaw, you have some form of heat for cooking? Thats like the only thing I can't provide.

There doesn't seem to be enough interest in the turkey so in the interest of saving space I'm not doing turkey. I think I'm gonna get more kabobs ready though. I remember- less onions, more mushrooms.
Yupper! I have a propane stove and I am locating my little charcoal grill for grilling purposes.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I Are Baboon said:
I still do not have a operational bar light. I guess I should have addressed the battery issue sooner...
I've got lights Yo and we probably won't be there in time for a Friday night shuttle so you can use mine - you might need a little thing to keep the lights tight on the bar though - mine's missing a little shim piece so at Dalton Doug and I sorta ghettorigged it with zip ties and tape to get it to stay put.

You can use my bar lights if you want Babs.

Anyone got an extra shim thingy for a bar mount light they don't need or want??

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
McGRP01 said:
firewood and ice available at campground office. :thumb:
I didn't see any ice there last weekend, but they do have coffee in the morning. :thumb:

The store in town that sells gas has 5 pound bags of ice for about $1. I also suggest stopping in one of the 2 beer stores in Lyndonville on the way through. (The one next to Brooks Pharmacy is a little better). Pick up ice and beer at the same time. :D They both had Long Trail, Otter Creek, and Magic Hat.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I had a long trail IPA out of a sampler pack the other night - I can't recommend their IPA
vs. the competition out there. Their Blackberry ale sure is mighty tasty though! :thumb:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
MMcG said:
I had a long trail IPA out of a sampler pack the other night - I can't recommend their IPA
vs. the competition out there. Their Blackberry ale sure is mighty tasty though! :thumb:
Bite your tongue you heathen!! :eviltongu Long Trail IPA is one of my all-time favs.!!!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
McGRP01 said:
Bite your tongue you heathen!! :eviltongu Long Trail IPA is one of my all-time favs.!!!

Maybe I got a bad batch of em then. I guess compared to Harpoon and others I just found the taste to be unpleasant to me. My taste buds think the rest of their offerings kick arse though! :dancing:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
MMcG said:
Maybe I got a bad batch of em then. I guess compared to Harpoon and others I just found the taste to be unpleasant to me. My taste buds think the rest of their offerings kick arse though! :dancing:
Maybe I can get Douglas to stop at the Long Trail Brewery on our way to VT. tomorrow and snag a FRESH batch!! :drool:

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
I didn't say I drink all beers, just that everybody has different tastes. I'm probably going to equally divide my time between yingling and magic hat.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Crazy Sweeper said:
I didn't say I drink all beers, just that everybody has different tastes. I'm probably going to equally divide my time between yingling and magic hat.
oh well, I just hate to waste alcohol........maybe I can ship them to mr how many beers can you fit in a refrig

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
We all have different tastes, so unless your fav beer is icehouse (we call it a$$house) then I'm not going to get on my pedestal and judge you. Lets just get drunk and go for a ride.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
OK, everyone bring their leftover Bud and Coors Light from their family picnics and give it to Sweeper!

:dancing:

(Pssst....Sweeper....we are all beer snobs. :D )