Quantcast

Northeast Monkeyfest 2005

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
McGRP01 said:
Looks like I've got site #14 to myself if anyone else still needs a place to crash.

So far... (from posts in this thread)

BikeGeek - Site #11
McGRP01 - Site #14
Crazy Sweeper - Site #16
bershire_rider & Douglas - Site #17
Depending on the other camping arrangements, we may be up for sharing a site too!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I Are Baboon said:
NeGladeRider's yard would be awesome, but I feel like I am imposing if I ask...

true

but it will be so nice to take a shower this year! (and even nicer that the rest of you will be taking showers)

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
McGRP01 said:
Looks like I've got site #14 to myself if anyone else still needs a place to crash.

So far... (from posts in this thread)

BikeGeek - Site #11
McGRP01 - Site #14
Crazy Sweeper - Site #16
bershire_rider & Douglas - Site #17

jdcamp & friends will be at the camp ground too / I'm not sure if he booked a site yet

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Mark's camp was so much cooler than any campground could ever hope to be. The ride on the Kingdom Trails is awesome, but a big part of what made the previous two monkeyfests so cool was having the stunts and jumps and bonfire and tunes all right there, with no campground manager coming around telling us to pipe down.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I sent NeGladeRider an e-mail and a link to this thread, just to let him know that we're coming that weekend. No matter where people camp/stay, it'd would be very sh!tty of us not to extend him an invite to the festivities. Besides, he is a fellow NE monkey who rides.

:dancing:

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Hell yeah, even he can't swing having us this year, he's on the permanent list of cool monkeys! It would be awesome to see his gang of crazies.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i'm still considering it myself (not sure if it's just me, me and the wife, or me w/ a friend, or if we'd just go for teh day or stayover. life is full of details to be worked out).

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
berkshire_rider said:
I don't blame you. The only thing worse than pedaling up to the campground from town, would be to continue up the toll road. :dead:
I don't blame him either. I get tired driving up that hill. :D

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
wooglin said:
Is this dirt or pavement? Either way it sounds :thumb: to me.
The climb you mean? The climb in from town is pavement. The climb from NeGladeRider's house is gravel road, then singletrack, then pavement. Any way you look it, it sucks. :D

wooglin

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
SC
I Are Baboon said:
The climb you mean? The climb in from town is pavement. The climb from NeGladeRider's house is gravel road, then singletrack, then pavement. Any way you look it, it sucks. :D
Excellent. Maybe I'll come up early and do it for a warm up. :)

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I Are Baboon said:
Sweetness.

I guess Moose Alley night runs are going to be tougher now. There is always Dead Moose Alley though.
Just a short climb to the trail head too. Wicked fun as a night ride....

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
johnbryanpeters said:
jdcamb, you going to be at the campground? What site?
I will probably be at the campground. My crew is backing out of the monkeyfest to go racing so I will be coming up alone.....jdcamb

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
OK kids, Monkeycamp has offically been relocated to the Burke Mountain campground, so don't wait until the last minute to reserve a campsite or make arrangements to crash in a fellow member's site. Or, you could always book a room in a cozy, snug B&B like I did. :)

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
I Are Baboon said:
OK kids, Monkeycamp has offically been relocated to the Burke Mountain campground, so don't wait until the last minute to reserve a campsite or make arrangements to crash in a fellow member's site. Or, you could always book a room in a cozy, snug B&B like I did. :)
B&B's are for sissys that don't get drunk enough to pass out and sleep where they drop. :devil:

wooglin

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
SC
I Are Baboon said:
You know, it's not like it's pastries and muffins. We're talking sausage, waffles, pancakes, eggs, coffee....mmmmmmmmmm.......
And just how much is that B&B costing again?