Quantcast

Northeast Monkeyfest v4.0: 21-23 July 2006

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
McGRP01 said:
Wow...I think all of us got lit up that night!! Good times!! :rofl:
I calculated the bill in my head for about 10 pizzas and 30 beers to within a dollar (keep in mind I did that after driking four beers). That may have been my greatest life accomplishment.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
berkshire_rider said:
Do you need a site? I reserved a lean-to site at Burke Mountain for Doug and myself before the lodge became an option. I think they are ~ $15 a night. I was going to cancel it, but I can have the name changed on the reservation to yours if you like. :confused:
Anyone plan on staying at the campground want a lean-to site? I'm going to cancel my reservation tomorrow (7/14) if no one would like it.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I Are Baboon said:
I calculated the bill in my head for about 10 pizzas and 30 beers to within a dollar (keep in mind I did that after driking four beers). That may have been my greatest life accomplishment.
That was cool. I was pretty lit up too!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Ok....cost breakdown. It's looking like $20 per person per night if you stay inside the lodge and $10 per person per night if you stay outside the lodge. If there turns out to be more people who are able to come then I will deduct the extra $ from the food bill (which I will have figured out by Wednesday of next week). Make sense? You can bring me cash/check next weekend, end me a check or even paypal me if that's easier.

I am SO psyched! We're going to have an AWESOME time!!!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
TreeSaw said:
Ok....cost breakdown. It's looking like $20 per person per night if you stay inside the lodge and $10 per person per night if you stay outside the lodge. If there turns out to be more people who are able to come then I will deduct the extra $ from the food bill (which I will have figured out by Wednesday of next week). Make sense? You can bring me cash/check next weekend, end me a check or even paypal me if that's easier.

sounds great T! I am super stoked to meet all of you, and to ride the KT's....

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Hey Brungeman it looks like I should be able to get a ride from roch, but thank you for the offer of a ride. Treesaw I hope you make some of your famous cookies for the event.:D

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
So, it's just me coming up from the DC area again this year (AFAIK). I'll be driving 95 to NYC, picking up 684 to CT, where I get 84 to 91 and then straight up to NEK. Anyone along that route want a ride? It would be great to split gas with someone.

ETD, DC: 0530-0600 hrs
ETA, NEK: 1500-1600 hrs

:ouch: :dead:

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
So, quick question: anyone have an address or directions to get to the lodge? I don't remember seeing any before and I am leaving on Wed for Lake George and won't be able to check the computer.

JRogers said:
So, quick question: anyone have an address or directions to get to the lodge? I don't remember seeing any before and I am leaving on Wed for Lake George and won't be able to check the computer.
Go north on the main road through town until you see the town baseball field on the left, maybe a mile or two. The lodge is across the street.

Friday Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 70s. Chance of rain 40 percent.
Friday night Partly cloudy. A chance of showers and thunderstorms until midnight. Lows in the mid 50s. Chance of rain 30 percent.
Saturday Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 70s.
Saturday night Mostly clear until midnight, then becoming partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 50s.
Sunday Partly sunny. Highs in the mid 70s.

splat

Nam I am
johnbryanpeters said:
Go north on the main road through town until you see the town baseball field on the left, maybe a mile or two. The lodge is across the street.

Hmmm I was just up there , There is no Lodge right across from the Ball fields there is a lodge right Next to the ball fields, and the ball fields are only about 1/2 mile from center of town if that .

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
jollytime said:
The place is about 1/2 mile from the Pub Outback and there are trails out the back door that take you right to the Bike shop.

Here are directions: from the bikeshop head North on 114 towards Burke Mountain. Go around the corner and the place is on the Left(before the town park). It is a GREAT location!
Here ya' go....

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
TreeSaw said:

Excellent! Does this mean there will be an extra-big chocolate RM cake this year? :oink:

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
TreeSaw said:
Right back at you ;)
Gotcha thanks for the directions, I will sit down and look at all the different roots... I love VT. My aunt and uncle just sold their "weekend home" last fall. it was down in West Dover (I think) it was inbetween Haystack and Mt. Snow, up on the hill across from both of them... I was a monster of a house that Bek and I used as our launching pad for excursions on our honeymoon. We drove the wheels off of my car that week! it was a blast, and I don't care which route I take, I know it will be pretty!

Oh your other E-mail just got here! I will see what I can do...

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
This is gonna be great, guys.

I actually have a much broader vacation planned of which Monketfest is pt. 2. I go to Lake George on Wed, Burke on Fri then to Colorado after that. Werd.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
JRogers said:
This is gonna be great, guys.

I actually have a much broader vacation planned of which Monketfest is pt. 2. I go to Lake George on Wed, Burke on Fri then to Colorado after that. Werd.
Let me know if you want to ride on Wed., or just grab a beer somewhere. I live 5 mins. from Lake George. :)

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
McGRP01 said:
Let me know if you want to ride on Wed., or just grab a beer somewhere. I live 5 mins. from Lake George. :)
Cool, thanks for the offer, but I'm going with a bunch of non-riding friends who probably wouldn't be too thrilled with me ditching out on them.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Just to clarify...here's the menu for the weekend:

Dinner (Friday night?):
Homemade Macaroni & Cheese
Garden Salad (ranch & italian dressing & croutons)
Bread (butter)
Cake (for dessert)

B-fast (Saturday):
Blueberry pancakes
Bacon
maple syrup & butter
Coffee (sugar & cream)
OJ
Bananas

Snacks:
Cheese, Pepperoni, Crackers
Chips & Salsa
Veggies
Fruit
Zuccini Bread
Dinner Out one night

Breakfast (Sunday)
Breakfast sandwiches (egg, cheese, sausage on an english muffin or apart whatever you choose)
OJ
Coffee (sugar & cream)
Bananas

I also bought some gatorade mix and will also have some lemonade mix too.

I am shopping tomorrow so I should have a total either tomorrow night or Thursday morning.

BYO alcoholic beverages and other drinks.

MF Countdown: <3 days :dancing

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Ok...so when is everyone planning on arriving?

TreeSaw & Sq-Earl - Friday mid afternoon
BikeGeek
McGrp01 -- Friday early afternoon
wOOdy
Douglas -- Friday early afternoon
Berkshire_rider
johnbryanpeters
Herb
pigboy & sister -- Saturday noonish
Echo
Tweek
Sorgie
Crashby
Deyv & Isa and friends
Jrogers
BadDNA
brungeman
jozz (camping in the Honda box) ?????
Polandspring88
Splat
Gumbafish

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Echo/Gumbafish/Tweek/Crashby: Friday early afternoon I think. We'll be going past the Treesaw/Sq-earl estate, maybe we can caravan from there.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
I should be leaving Endicott early Friday, and I have no idea how long a drive from there it is, but I am guestimating sometime mid afternoon?

**EDIT** and T- thanks for the menu... After a ton of trouble 3 trips back and forth to school (116 + miles so far) what we talked about... looks like they may just materialize... and when you see the design... it looks saweet on paper! CHA-CHing!!!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
brungeman said:
I should be leaving Endicott early Friday, and I have no idea how long a drive from there it is, but I am guestimating sometime mid afternoon?

**EDIT** and T- thanks for the menu... After a ton of trouble 3 trips back and forth to school (116 + miles so far) what we talked about... looks like they may just materialize... and when you see the design... it looks saweet on paper! CHA-CHing!!!
:trophy_br You ROCK!!!! :trophy_br

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
TreeSaw said:
:trophy_br You ROCK!!!! :trophy_br
Holy sh!zat!!! they are trick... I guess the design is good one of the janitors here at school wants one! :D

I am working on the backs, cause the fronts done!

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Yo Echo do you know what my riding situation is, and when we are leaving etc? I often work late till like 6 or 7 and would kind of like to know so I don't have to worry about anything thursday night.