Quantcast

Northeast Monkeyfest v4.0: 21-23 July 2006

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Speaking of brew making the trip, I just stocked up at the Magic Hat brewery over the weekend. I'll be bringing a handful of growlers with Circus Boy (Unfiltered Hefeweizen), Mother Lager (German Lager), and Batch 374 (Amber Ale).

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
BadDNA said:
Speaking of brew making the trip, I just stocked up at the Magic Hat brewery over the weekend. I'll be bringing a handful of growlers with Circus Boy (Unfiltered Hefeweizen), Mother Lager (German Lager), and Batch 374 (Amber Ale).
:drool: MMmmmm....beer :D I am SO looking forward to sampling this year!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i can't make it either...it's my in-laws annual white mountain vacation, and i've only got room for the two DH bikes (for attitash) and the kids' bikes. can't squeeze the enduro in as well.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
douglas said:
is there a final monkey list for the lodge?
I believe....
TreeSaw & Sq-Earl
BikeGeek
McGrp01
wOOdy
Douglas
Berkshire_rider
johnbryanpeters
pigboy
Herb
Echo (+1?)
Tweek +1
Instigator
Sorgie
Crashby
Deyv & Isa (camping outback)
Jrogers
BadDNA
TurnerGrl
brungeman
jozz (camping in the Honda box)
Polandspring88
Splat
konabumm?
Mike B. ?
Gumbafish (camping in backyard?)
Da Peach?
Squid?

Is this correct?

TurnerGrl

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Metrowest MA
Well, as of exactly 4:16 PM today, I am now a "maybe." I came home to find a resignation letter from my dog sitter - too far away from her other clients to be profitable. :( So now I'm in a bind for the weekdays and totally out of luck for going away on a weekend at the moment... I will try to find an alternative though, so don't count me out completely just yet!

BTW, if I can still swing it, what's the bike recommendation for the weekend? I ride my RFX 99.9% of the time (even on just normal trail rides) and it is my most comfortable bike, but I don't want to keel over on a lot of climbing or be dragging on the trails and holding the rest of the riders up. I have a Specialized Epic but (A) it hasn't been ridden since last Nov and (B) it can aggravate a nagging shoulder injury by putting me too far over the bars - but it is obviously the more "efficient" bike for a total XC ride. KT veterans, give me your feedback!

And for those confirmed for the the NE Monkeyfest, send positive vibes my way. I'm still hoping to work this out and be there to see/meet y'all.

Jen

pigboy's out - he doesn't have the cash to get over from Hawai'i.
TreeSaw said:
I believe....
TreeSaw & Sq-Earl
BikeGeek
McGrp01
wOOdy
Douglas
Berkshire_rider
johnbryanpeters
pigboy
Herb
Echo (+1?)
Tweek +1
Instigator
Sorgie
Crashby
Deyv & Isa (camping outback)
Jrogers
BadDNA
TurnerGrl
brungeman
jozz (camping in the Honda box)
Polandspring88
Splat
konabumm?
Mike B. ?
Gumbafish (camping in backyard?)
Da Peach?
Squid?

Is this correct?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
TurnerGrl said:
Well, as of exactly 4:16 PM today, I am now a "maybe." I came home to find a resignation letter from my dog sitter - too far away from her other clients to be profitable. :( So now I'm in a bind for the weekdays and totally out of luck for going away on a weekend at the moment... I will try to find an alternative though, so don't count me out completely just yet!

BTW, if I can still swing it, what's the bike recommendation for the weekend? I ride my RFX 99.9% of the time (even on just normal trail rides) and it is my most comfortable bike, but I don't want to keel over on a lot of climbing or be dragging on the trails and holding the rest of the riders up. I have a Specialized Epic but (A) it hasn't been ridden since last Nov and (B) it can aggravate a nagging shoulder injury by putting me too far over the bars - but it is obviously the more "efficient" bike for a total XC ride. KT veterans, give me your feedback!

And for those confirmed for the the NE Monkeyfest, send positive vibes my way. I'm still hoping to work this out and be there to see/meet y'all.

Jen
Hmmm..I would go with the Epic but if it's going to aggrevate an injury then I think it's whatever's most comfortable for you. We can always medicate you with plenty of beer :devil:

What kind of dog do you have? I can see if pets are allowed.

TurnerGrl

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Metrowest MA
TreeSaw said:
What kind of dog do you have? I can see if pets are allowed.
I have an 8 year old black lab and a 5 year old lab mix. Not sure that bringing them up even if the house allows would be the best idea for such a big group of riders - they mountain bike with me and while Hannah (the 5 year old) can outrun me I really have to monitor keeping the pace down for Jake, my big guy. I wouldn't want to make them go on such a long drive just to sit and pout back at the house - I don't think I could stand the dog guilt! I will be working on seeing if I can line up a new pet sitter to try and make it up there.

TurnerGrl

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Metrowest MA
I Are Baboon said:
Keep in mind that all dogs must be kept on leashes while on the trails up there.
Ok, I've never been - thank's for the head's up Boon. Well I appreciate the thought on checking house rules, but unless I can come up with a new pet sitter then I will be out for this year. :(

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
TurnerGrl said:
Ok, I've never been - thank's for the head's up Boon. Well I appreciate the thought on checking house rules, but unless I can come up with a new pet sitter then I will be out for this year. :(
Actually, I spoke too soon. I just read their policy online and they "prefer" dogs are kept either off the trails or on a leash, but they don't come right out and prohibit free roaming trail dogs.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
I started drinking for this event last night, I should be primed by the time we get up there. :weee: Doug....you might have to drive though. :blah:

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
TurnerGrl said:
Not sure that bringing them up even if the house allows would be the best idea for such a big group of riders.
Tru dat. I didn't think of how many folks we have coming. I also remembered someone (splat?) posting sometime ago about how allergic to dogs they were. :(

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
McGRP01 said:
I started drinking for this event last night, I should be primed by the time we get up there. :weee: Doug....you might have to drive though. :blah:
Holy cow, it's only 2 weeks away! I better get my bikes out of storage and start riding.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
BikeGeek said:
Holy cow, it's only 2 weeks away! I better get my bikes out of storage and start riding.
yep beer is only a majority of Monkeyfest from what I hear! there is a small amount of riding to be done!

pigboy

in a galaxy far, far away
TreeSaw said:

the gods of frequent flier miles may yet smile upon me. burn incense. rub ju-ju beads, SACRIFICE LIVESTOCK!!!!

if i show up on a super low budget basis i will probably only be there for Saturday. with no bicycle. at the very least i will bring some beer. and my 23 year old sister who doesn't ride, but is at least fairly good at being social.

seriously though. sacrifice goats, sheep, chickens, blind naked mole rats.and see if we can't convince the frequent flier gods that this trip is truly wanted.

aloha,

pigboy

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
GumbaFish said:
I'm still up in the air...if Echo agrees to drive then I may be more persuaded:cool:
where are you gonna be? in Cuse or Rochester?

I don't think Manhattanprjkt is able to go now:rolleyes: work is kicking his ass! and that leaves me without a passenger to share gas and tolls with, but I will have an open spot on the roof rack!

I could go across 90 through Troy up through Burlington etc.

when are you thinking of going? I was thinking of bolting up Thurs. and either splitting the ride or just heading straight up!

If there is anyone else needing a ride between Pittsburgh and Monkeyfest PM me and we can chat!

Gumba, is Echo not sure about going? or driving? I may be able to get my hands on another rack and we can all carpool up there! its not the biggest car, but we can make do!

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
I'm in Rochester now and would be for monkeyfest as well. I'm pretty positive Echo is going but I don't know if he wants to split a ride. I don't have a car rack so carpooling in my car is out of the question. I'll have to get back to you with a pm about more details, as I would need to take off work according to when I would leave and come back from the fest.