Quantcast

Official RM Gravity Fed Interbike Thread

MDJ

Monkey
Dec 15, 2005
San Jose, CA
Find paintjobs, helmets, clothing etc that doesn't look like it came from vision street wear in 1987.
Better just drop out for a while. Come back in a year or two and it should be a distant memory.

It takes a lot to get me into a surf shop these days. The flashbacks are too painful. I saw the '80s the first time around and it wasn't pretty.

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
So today's DH test rides were: Trek Session 88, Mongoose Boot'R, Commencal DH Supreme 2009.

Tried to get a jamis (none), GT carbon (none) and a few others.
Your thoughts would be appreciated Fraser. The Commencal is on my short list of frames for next year and I'd like to get your impressions. Also, do you think the sm/md size is the way to go for someone 5'9"? Thanks.

ronan

Monkey
Dec 7, 2007
Toulouse, France
Your thoughts would be appreciated Fraser. The Commencal is on my short list of frames for next year and I'd like to get your impressions. Also, do you think the sm/md size is the way to go for someone 5'9"? Thanks.
I think the sm/md size is the best for you, I rode a 2009 for the last week of the season because my 2008 didn't hold up to well, I'm 185-186cm(6'0/6'1) and it felt pretty big on me.

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
some good photos and content on pinkbike (never thought i'd say it)

geez people, it's only the first day and already i'm sick of looking at pictures of white dudes with their flat billed hats on. honestly, what is the deal?

for all of you who take offense to this post: www.flatbillers.com

eRod

Chimp
May 16, 2007
Did Transcend drink too many beers and passout? Where's his update? ;)
I know, right? It's vegas though, so anything is possible...like waking up naked in a hotel lobby with the cops hauling you away. Or maybe he got married and went on a honey money. I'm sure he'll hit us off with a double shot of photos tonight.

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
Did Transcend drink too many beers and passout? Where's his update? ;)
I can't lie, beer is involved with the delays. We have had a couple technical issues that changed the plans a bit but we should be able to start posting a few things tonight. Usual monkey business.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Why the hell the pic quality is so bad it looks shopped?
If it's true it may mean that bos is doing sth with marz again. Would be nice to see.
My fairly confident guess is phone camera. Why would anyone go through the hassle of chopping a pic like that???
Even if I have my $400 camera along, I tend to shoot the GOOD stuff with my phone as I can instantly email them to myself and post them up right away. Hence the best stuff is always the worst looking, but faster...

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
As mentioned, tech issues with the new RM system. Content is ready to go momentarily however, so keep an eye out. 2 days of dirt demo riding reviews. Not too much product yet, as everything at the demo was 107 degs, dusty and sweaty. much better pics to be had indoors.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Just got back from the DD. Got to ride two bikes and drank two beers and lots of water...all for free! One of the two shuttle vehicles kicked the bucket so it was like 1hr wait times for that. There are a heck of a lot of roadies and XC'ers here. Who knew? ;) And they all want to ride the shuttle. My Perp got a flatty, but I got my hands on a DW 5 Spot that was absolutely awesome. Transcend is right, it is HOT, dusty and I'll add crowded. Kinda a pain to demo stuff. Off to the pool!