Quantcast

Official RM Gravity Fed Interbike Thread

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Steve Peat, Brian Lopes. 34, 36. Winning races and challenging for titles.
Put the 'PALM' Kool-Aid down....
Comparing Palmer to Lopes and Peaty is an insult to those guys. They have been racing every season since the early 90's....non stop pedaling bicycles for 20 years...Shaun has about 35 bike rides in the last 10 years under his belt.
Palmers possible return is soley Rob being a nice guy to get Shaun in shape for olympics, no one is expecting any results, including Shaun.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Uh, I was pointing out that just because someone is old does not mean they are out of the chase.
Well considering if he does ride in 09', he will only do 2 world cups....he is out of the chase from the start.
Until a massive co-sponsor for SC comes in, its all a fairy tale anyways.

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
What's with all this aggression? Christ its only bicycles, the real racin is this weekend in Donington Park! Ha, anyways where the hell is Palmer gonna get 20 UCI points from?

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
What's with all this aggression? Christ its only bicycles, the real racin is this weekend in Donington Park! Ha, anyways where the hell is Palmer gonna get 20 UCI points from?
It's e-aggression, the kind that smells like flowers. ;)

Palmer gets his 20 points from giving the UCI staff deals on snowboards.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Pool is closed guys.

I thought this is the interbike thread?
Way to regulate....
And where's all the damn pics? Seriously, this(E-coverage in general across the web)has to have been the absolute crappiest coverage of Interbike to date! What the hell are you people(those with cameras and access to Ibike!) all doing while NOT taking photos?

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Way to regulate....
And where's all the damn pics? Seriously, this(E-coverage in general across the web)has to have been the absolute crappiest coverage of Interbike to date! What the hell are you people(those with cameras and access to Ibike!) all doing while NOT taking photos?
I took not a photo of the show, I only went for my friends birthday party....while I was in vegas though a bike race broke out.
Pics:
http://www.craigstikmanglaspell.com/arenamtnx/

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
Personally I think they look ****..
Gold who does that these days.
and they look like there straight off a Cr80

No thanks

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Personally I think they look ****..
Gold who does that these days.
and they look like there straight off a Cr80

No thanks
I think that is what it is but that does not mean that CC could not take their technology and make it into a fork. Hell they could even charge 3000 for just over shadow the Dorado.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
i wouldn't hold your breath. that fork looks like it actually came off a cr80. Judging by the stantion length, it probably has 10-12" of travel. Pure demonstration, by my estimate.

Dont know WTF your going on about Ohlins forks are like $3,000(MX,Supermoto,or RR). The superbike forks are like $12,000! Ohlins and cheap are words that don't go hand in hand. Maybe $1200 for a cartridge kit. If they came out with a DH fork I would lay down money on them long before I would that new dorado.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
Dont know WTF your going on about Ohlins forks are like $3,000(MX,Supermoto,or RR). The superbike forks are like $12,000! Ohlins and cheap are words that don't go hand in hand. Maybe $1200 for a cartridge kit. If they came out with a DH fork I would lay down money on them long before I would that new dorado.
i was just looking @ this site:

http://www.cyclepages.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=4079013

some of the mx forks are $3k, but i assume a bicycle fork could (at least in theory) be priced near the lower end of their mx range. though with economies of scale, etc. who knows.

xopus

Chimp
May 27, 2008
Okay.....Here we go.....interbike photos:

Canfield Jedi

Rotec

Eastern

Corsair

Rocky Mtn Flow cro-mo

xopus

Chimp
May 27, 2008
okay.....almost done....

Scott

Kona Stab

Rocky Mtn Flatline

Vicious Cycles paint job

Norco

xopus

Chimp
May 27, 2008
okay....thats everything for now. i've got some goodies i'll post later, most likely to my website. I hope everyone enjoys the shots.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I think I am going crazy and starting to like the strange tubes on the Flatline but have not heard anything about the frame that would make me want one.

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA
hey, this goes out to anyone at rocky mountain, kona, pivot cycles, norco etc......

JUST BECAUSE A TUBE CAN BE BENT DOES NOT MEAN IT NEEDS TO BE!!!!

god your bikes are all so hideous.....and another very simple principle worth mentioning is that by bending tubes, their overall length is increased, thus adding weight to the bike......

Please stop this awful trend....christ, my eyes are bleeding....

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
hey, this goes out to anyone at rocky mountain, kona, pivot cycles, norco etc......

JUST BECAUSE A TUBE CAN BE BENT DOES NOT MEAN IT NEEDS TO BE!!!!

god your bikes are all so hideous.....and another very simple principle worth mentioning is that by bending tubes, their overall length is increased, thus adding weight to the bike......

Please stop this awful trend....christ, my eyes are bleeding....
AGREED. And I think Spesh Ed and Dorco have the same OBVIOUSLY homosexual tube designer... Add in the latest paint schemes and we have the new FLAMER series!

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
A few pics from this total amateur:

Gee's Bike

His rear shock felt amazing. You Fox lovers should be impressed whenever this shock comes out. Take a look at that shaft! (that's what she said)

Gearbox DH Bike

Everyone's seen the Turner DHR by now

I thought the hardware design/choice was interesting, after meddling with my Sunday hardware for years, this looks tight (pun intended). Although the nice Turner engineer wasn't sure that the hardware you see here will be on production bikes. Sounds like they scrambled to get this bike ready for the show.

New colors for Royale with cheese. Not the same as le big mac.

For some reason I like Scott's lineup. Pretty snazy. Some bikes came with their own branded shock.

Here's that crazy carbon web bike. Looks ridiculously cool in person.

I've been to plenty of expos/conventions, but never Interbike. It was HUGE. The whole Sands Expo was filled.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
u think Ibike is huge....try getting into CES, its a nightmare walking around there....so much so that we havent been on the main floor in years.