Quantcast

PORTLAND Thread

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
gunslingger said:
i was up there tues thru sunday. i saw some guy with a canfield and a monster and thought i recognized the bike. how is larch these days or jones creek?

also where are those jumps?
Toshi,fun,fun,what jumps?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
TWISTED said:
Toshi,fun,fun,what jumps?
ya, i didn't spot any other canfields, let alone those with a monster t. some dude made a crack that the (hideously ugly) cpc patriot that a rider was sporting was the proto for next year's canfield... :stupid:

oh, and my camera is currently dead. not sure when i'll get it fixed or replaced. :oink:

frizanko

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Bend, OR
Those look kinda like the jumps off 172nd and Powell. BTW for those that dont know, the Wendy's jumps have been plowed flat. I just got back from a couple runs at Ledbetters and it doesnt have much time left from the looks of it either. Get it while ya can...

eknomf

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Nanaimo, BC
frizanko said:
Those look kinda like the jumps off 172nd and Powell. BTW for those that dont know, the Wendy's jumps have been plowed flat. I just got back from a couple runs at Ledbetters and it doesnt have much time left from the looks of it either. Get it while ya can...
Yeah they do look like those ones off powell. Did you see the plowed wendys jumps yourself or did you just hear that?

eknomf

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Nanaimo, BC
i think Zane, another guy, and I will be going up to skibowl tomorrow with a possibility of a few runs at wildcat on the way back. Does anyone else want to come?

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
Skibowl was cool, except that the downhill course and the dual slalom course were totally gone- I was looking forward to those. The pro course in the woods was fun and everything else was dusty and rocky. It should be better (muddier) now that it's all wet.

I have also seen the perfectly flat ground where the wendy's jumps once stood, they're completely plowed. It looks like the land is being developed so I don't think they're gonna be rebuilt, but I know of a couple spots we can build if anyone has some time. We need some good local stuff.

So yeah, where is everyone today? There's gotta be someone who wants to ride.....

Last edited:

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Actually the dual course is gone, the trail we riding down was WAS the pro/exp dh race course.
I had tons of fun! :thumb:

Where's everyone? Ummm, it's raining. :rolleyes:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
i think i'm done with riding for the season. my burn got infected, had to have the skin above it removed (as in cut off with scissors w/o anesthetic). see y'all next year, come visit me up in seattle :D

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
OOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooouuuuuuccchhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So sorry to hear that, really.
Get well soon Toshi. :heart:

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Toshi said:
that's one big chainring :eek: . looks fun
40t, for going FAST! Also the larger the chainring, the better the pedalling, do to the relation with the pivot position.
Just returned from it's maiden voyage, "Best Bike I've Ever Ridden!" :love:

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
Good luck with the healing Toshi, all I can say is keep it really clean.

Tim- is that your new stair-hucking machine? I'll give it my expert opinion once I ride it :D .

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
zane said:
Tim- is that your new stair-hucking machine? I'll give it my expert opinion once I ride it :D .
Your EXPERT opinion on stair-hucking? :confused:

Just messing with you Zane.

Let me know if you can ride urban pdx fri. afternoon, or anybody else who wants to roll around and watch a PRO in action. :D :thumb:

Heheheheehehe

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
You're right, my opinion would only be from an ametuer-pro, not an expert. I work in the afternoon, but I really want to go ride somewhere this weekend...

Anybody riding this weekend? The weather's supposed to be nice, so let's get some people together and ride.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
oly said:
you find that in the scrap bin??

Anyone here planning on heading up to the hood race on the 1oth? A few of us northerners are planning on coming down......
Yeah, nice huh?

I had a great time at Ski Bowl a few weeks ago on my 9point5. I think I could still do OK with half the travel, so I'm thinking about going.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
THE BEST DIRT JUMPS EVER!
"Thunderdome", "The Ranch", "El Capitan"
I have just been told that the super secret dirt jumps located in Lake Oswego, OR are open game for anyone now. Many of you have seen photos of these awesome jumps either here or on STUMP503.com
They we're very hush hush for danger of them being torn down. Recently the city has found out about them and they have made plans to tear them down. So hit em while you can, or just to watch me and the others hit them.
Four slight downhill runs side by side. Gaps 8' to 25', most of them steep. Contact me if interested
Thanks to Aaron and Paul for building them.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
TWISTED said:
THE BEST DIRT JUMPS EVER!
"Thunderdome", "The Ranch", "El Capitan"
I have just been told that the super secret dirt jumps located in Lake Oswego, OR are open game for anyone now. Many of you have seen photos of these awesome jumps either here or on STUMP503.com
They we're very hush hush for danger of them being torn down. Recently the city has found out about them and they have made plans to tear them down. So hit em while you can, or just to watch me and the others hit them.
Four slight downhill runs side by side. Gaps 8' to 25', most of them steep. Contact me if interested
Thanks to Aaron and Paul for building them.
Here's Aaron off the big one.

eknomf

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Nanaimo, BC
Do you know when those jumps are supposed to get torn down? I really want to ride those again when im back down there.. the dirt jumps here suck.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
eknomf said:
what happened to the portland thread?... it seems pretty dead
You and Toshi left, now nobody wants to ride. Or I just pissed everybody off. :D
I don't know how long the Lake Oswego jumps will be around, they may be gone already. :(
Nobody wants to ride. I need to go buy a car if I ever want to ride anywhere other than downtown.

frizanko

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Bend, OR
Yeah there hasnt been much in this thread for a while...
I know the guys from Universal are planning a ride sunday at PC if anyone wants to get in on it. With all the rain it might not happen though.
Hey does any one want to go in on the 4 by 4 pass at Meadows this year?
www.skihood.com

MotoXmg

Chimp
Mar 7, 2004
Hood River, Oregon
Hey all you PDX'rs, just wanted to give you a Post Canyon update. As of Saturday, 18th, Yes the trails are a bit on the greasy side, but are definately ridable. We rode lower PC, and a DH'r on Mitchell Ridge and had a blast. Watch out for the wet wood, but if you go slow and finesse it, no probs!! Hopefully we'll get a bit of a drying trend this week, and should be in great shape. Mike

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
MotoXmg said:
Hey all you PDX'rs, just wanted to give you a Post Canyon update. As of Saturday, 18th, Yes the trails are a bit on the greasy side, but are definately ridable. We rode lower PC, and a DH'r on Mitchell Ridge and had a blast. Watch out for the wet wood, but if you go slow and finesse it, no probs!! Hopefully we'll get a bit of a drying trend this week, and should be in great shape. Mike
Cool, thanks for the wheather / ride report.

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
Yeah, thanks for the info.

Speaking of PC, let's get a ride together for this weekend. Either day will be good for me, and the weather looks to be AWESOME.

I'll make a post to try to get some others to come out of the wookwork, as for me I'm back at school so now I have access to super-fast internet (instead of my crappy dial-up at home that never works).

frizanko

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Bend, OR
The trails were sick yesterday. The rain was just enough to make everything tacky. There were areas where it was a lil slick, but not too many. For the most part they were perfect.

MotoXmg

Chimp
Mar 7, 2004
Hood River, Oregon
hey boys (and betties), just another update......as of Monday evening, P/C is getting sick....it was darn near perfect tack...just watch yourself on some of the wet stunts! If the weather holds out, next few days and weekend s/b AWESOME!!!!! While your here. everybody stop in at Mountain View Cycles and contribute some money to Hood River. Mike

eknomf

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Nanaimo, BC
this thread needs to be brought back.... one of my friends here is looking for a dual crown fork. no 03 or 04 monsters and no junior ts, but other than that... does anyone have anything they want to get rid of?

Also... Tim do you know if the thunderranch jumps got plowed yet? theres a chance i might be down there soon and i wouldnt mind stopping by there.

eknomf

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Nanaimo, BC
Anyone want to ride saturday? Me and one of my friends are coming down with our bikes and are planning to ride somewhere. He also buying jason dings giant frame... thats the purpose of the trip. Im not sure what the weather will be like, if its not rainy and slippery probably PC but if it is not nice im not sure what we will do.

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
Ho-lee sheeit, I didn't think this thread would ever come back. Nobody in portland likes to talk about local stuff anymore....

Ryan-

I'm up for riding on saturday as long as it's not pissing down rain, I'll even ride if there's a little rain coming down. PC sounds good to be, and I'm sure I can convince brian and chris & angie to go too. Are you bringing your scream or the hardtail? I know of some more dirt jumps in portland, they're closer than goat ranch was and they have a couple of cool step-ups. If you feel like dj'ing we can stop there...

Um...... I don't think anything else new is going on. Oh, the disorder 5 premire was pretty cool. I wish I could've gone to the one with beer but it was fun nonetheless. Good movie, a little too much hip-hop music for me but the riding was good. And I'm probably getting a scream in a couple months, chris's old one. He's most likely getting a new bike in february so I'll buy his old frame.

So yeah, I guess the weather for saturday is like 50/50 for rain so we'll have to wait and see. I'll give you a call in the next couple days, I have your cell #. Later.

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
eknomf said:
Anyone want to ride saturday? Me and one of my friends are coming down with our bikes and are planning to ride somewhere. He also buying jason dings giant frame... thats the purpose of the trip. Im not sure what the weather will be like, if its not rainy and slippery probably PC but if it is not nice im not sure what we will do.
What other parts is he getting from jason? He'll definitely need the chainguide and I think the rear wheel is spaced funny (12mm x ???). Is jason finally getting his hairy gary?

eknomf

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Nanaimo, BC
zane said:
........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Actually i may not be coming down... the guy looking for a frame/bike found a complete giant dh for like $1200 in bellingham. Jason had his frame on nsmb with a back wheel chainguide, bb, and headset for $600 i think. He said hes getting hairy gary. I saw the nwd5 premeir too up here and overall i didnt think it was that impressive. A few parts were really good and the rest kind of sucked.

Why do you want a scream? They are heavy and pointless for most people and the same suspension design as your kona... so unless you are breaking that what would be the point other than adding like 5 lbs of metal to your bike. If you really want a new frame get something lighter that would perform better than the kona suspension design. You should come up here some weekend and ride before it starts snowing... theres lots of really fun stuff to ride. Heres a few pics from one of my most recent rides last weekend. They are huge but i dont really feel like making them smaller so people with slow connectons will just have to suffer.