Quantcast

post your 2010 rides!

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
^ what he said, that thing looks great. I'm a sucker for a flat black bike and that Banshee is no exception, has a nicely understated look to it.

Last edited:

yd35

Monkey
Oct 28, 2008
NY
nice frame color on the banshee, and i also really like the white contrast that the fork provides. well done!

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Thanks guys. Still need to get the proper spring as the factory 350lbs that it came with was probably intended for someone who was made of lead. Have a temporary 300 but will order a 250 manitou spring tomorrow.
The only thing i can say about it now is that when I took out the shock the suspension was amazingly frictionless (better than my old lapierre and these guys were nuts about quality) and the boxxer wc and straitline guide work amazing.

illflip

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
Newark, NJ
Thanks guys. Still need to get the proper spring as the factory 350lbs that it came with was probably intended for someone who was made of lead. Have a temporary 300 but will order a 250 manitou spring tomorrow.
The only thing i can say about it now is that when I took out the shock the suspension was amazingly frictionless (better than my old lapierre and these guys were nuts about quality) and the boxxer wc and straitline guide work amazing.
sent you a PM about a spring

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
For sure! Have you ever wanted something just because its damn pretty? *raises hand* I've approached the wheels with no intention of babying them, I'll be sure to update. I true my own wheels so it'll be interesting how easy/difficult it'll be keeping these things round... all 24 spokes worth. *shiver*
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sorry man, but that's just funny, in light of your thread in the lounge.

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sorry man, but that's just funny, in light of your thread in the lounge.
*sulking* I know. I had such high hopes for these rims. What I didn't mention in that thread is the front rim has 3 slightly bent spots and the rear has the same, plus that massive ding..... after only 1 ride.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
*sulking* I know. I had such high hopes for these rims. What I didn't mention in that thread is the front rim has 3 slightly bent spots and the rear has the same, plus that massive ding..... after only 1 ride.
Yikes. I'll stick to my normal wheels thanks. My last two DH wheelsets involved Flows and DT 5.1s and even they were both fine. I'm not a huge guy at 165#, but still...

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
haha... so would you say my skepticism was justified? What do you weigh and what tyre pressures do you run, out of curiosity?

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
$30 Dual Duty FR rims to Hadleys...beat and ping the living daylights out of them and can easily get a full season on each end, if not more. Light enough too.

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
haha... so would you say my skepticism was justified? What do you weigh and what tyre pressures do you run, out of curiosity?
edit: see this thread to see what happened on the first run http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231756

I flip flop in the 155-160lbs range and run around 25psi* for most dh duty.

*depends on the trail

Your skepticism is justified, to an extent. My mistake was running too low pressure on a really hairy trail and pushing hard because it was a new dh bike. Regardless, I'm surprised how easily the lips have bent for a wheel labeled "DH". Perhaps ANY rim would have bent just the same... perhaps not.

I've always run low psi, even in my bmx racing days. The big reason why I've gone tubeless is to run low psi w/o the worry of pinch flatting. There is one thing for sure, I'm not going to adjust my riding style and bike setup for fear of bending the lips again.

Time will tell. The Opium's may be a better match for someone who rides 30+ psi.

So far, I'm not impressed. But damn they look good! :)

Last edited:

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Seriously UST downhill rims CAN NOT bend. I even rode my 823 once so low that for an entire 3km run my rim was touching the ground (almost flat) and I had no dents. If you are going to make a wheel with an ust rim, you better make it damn stiff so It won't loose pressure after the 1st hit. Otherwise why bother. This really sucks. I'm your weight, run sub 20psi pressure in the front and tend to pick stupid lines when I'm tired and my 823 laced with dt revolution take a better beating.

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
edit: see this thread to see what happened on the first run http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231756

I flip flop in the 155-160lbs range and run around 25psi* for most dh duty.

*depends on the trail

Your skepticism is justified, to an extent. My mistake was running too low pressure on a really hairy trail and pushing hard because it was a new dh bike. Regardless, I'm surprised how easily the lips have bent for a wheel labeled "DH". Perhaps ANY rim would have bent just the same... perhaps not.

I've always run low psi, even in my bmx racing days. The big reason why I've gone tubeless is to run low psi w/o the worry of pinch flatting. There is one thing for sure, I'm not going to adjust my riding style and bike setup for fear of bending the lips again.

Time will tell. The Opium's may be a better match for someone who rides 30+ psi.

So far, I'm not impressed. But damn they look good! :)
So you actually managed to tear a hole in the tyre as a result? Don't think I've ever managed that, sounds like you did hit something pretty hard. Let us know how the new rim fares. I'd really LIKE to believe they're amazing wheels (mainly cos they do look so damn cool)... but my general avoidance of CB products seems to be justified so far.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
So you actually managed to tear a hole in the tyre as a result? Don't think I've ever managed that, sounds like you did hit something pretty hard. Let us know how the new rim fares. I'd really LIKE to believe they're amazing wheels (mainly cos they do look so damn cool)... but my general avoidance of CB products seems to be justified so far.
I do it like 2-3 times a season. Nothing amazing ;) Though I agree on the looks. Still I'd prefer them in green ;)

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
I would like to sthee them in Fuchsia or Periwinkle pleashte. :wub: (this was the only smiley I could find that looked like he got hit by the sugar truck).

The green does look sick. I still like the red better, mostly because it would go great on my own bike:thumb:

norbar

Jun 7, 2007

that actually looks pretty sick

If you're interested in seeing it in a different color, tell me the color or post a pic of the color.

I was wanting them in green because the'd suit my bike ;) The only color I was interested ;) Thanks anyway.

paintmc

Chimp
Sep 23, 2009
Alot of nice bikes here. Love the Intense with purple rims :thumb:

Here's my beast for the season....red stem didnt make it out of the shop..switched for all black.

Cheers and good riding to all :weee:
Big T

Attachments

Dox

Monkey
Aug 26, 2009
Montreal, QC, Canada
I was supposed to buy a new frame this winter but when I washed my old bike (Norco A-line park 2007) I found a crack at the upper shock mount so I sent it to warranty. They sent me a A-line park 2009 as a replacement. I will ride this this summer and hopefully the dw-DHR will be relased for 2011.

Here it is:

I need a flat crown and a 300 lbs ti spring (I got a 350) if anyone is interested in a trade or selling one. I will probably buy an elka stage 5 this summer too.

The paint is darker in person and there is some gold flakes that doesn't appear on my crappy camera.

mullet_dew

Monkey
Mar 22, 2009
Bellingham WA
As close as I'll get to a DH bike this year.
Probably could have got one by the end of summer, but at this point I would rather have a season pass at Whistler and 2 week long vacations there.