Quantcast

Post your other rides!

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
Here's my POS. Was going to go full long travel with a full cage but spent all my 21st birthday money (thousands of dollars) on racing bikes instead :~ Now I'm stuck with this.
Oh...it's for sale by the way :P

This was my previous car. Loved it to death and want another one.

Taken before the brace and sh*t when in...about 5 months before I sold it :(

And finally...when I can I like to grab some use out of our family toy. Going to finish up my Commercial rating in this before we move on to a twin or a high performance/complex plane. Used to have an A-36 Bonanza but that's history :(

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I want an S4 so bad....Been looking for a B5 wagon forever....no such luck.

Envious, that car looks nice man. I like your style
thanks man...

I almost bought a nogaro blue b5 when I got out of school but turbo reliability scared me away, got a vr6 dub.

So i bought this about 15 months ago, 4.2 V8...fantastic car to drive and own until...I ran into a timing problem, had to have the engine yanked and it looks like it's gonna cost me $5k to fix...loaner a4 for now.

Dont let that story scare you away though the 4.2 V8 is a traditionally very strong non forced induction motor...

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
here i thought all of RM was in love with Subbies...apparently i was wrong. its V-Dubs
subbies are sweet but sometimes the image/cost kills me...i also looked at sti's a while back...felt like a pile of garbage when i got in it...if i am spending 30k+ on a go fast car i want it to have a good interior feel...

Dub's are fantastic, i owned 2 so far, if I was looking for a DD right now i would probaby go with the new GTI really like the look of the newest ones.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
i also looked at sti's a while back...felt like a pile of garbage when i got in it...if i am spending 30k+ on a go fast car i want it to have a good interior feel...
every Subaru feels cheap. the interior "plastic," the doors made of balsa wood, the seats cushions made from a bar stool...
the MkIV and MkV interiors are amazing compared to a Subaru.

Natedog

Monkey
Nov 8, 2003
Ventura, Ca
thanks man...

I almost bought a nogaro blue b5 when I got out of school but turbo reliability scared me away, got a vr6 dub.

So i bought this about 15 months ago, 4.2 V8...fantastic car to drive and own until...I ran into a timing problem, had to have the engine yanked and it looks like it's gonna cost me $5k to fix...loaner a4 for now.

Dont let that story scare you away though the 4.2 V8 is a traditionally very strong non forced induction motor...
I wanted the twin turbo V6, easy to upgrade tune, and have a sleeper that could munch most performance cars, and have a bike in the back at the same time.

New ones are sick as well...we'll see. I like to drool over them

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
My toy box is in the process of being rearranged, I'm in the process of finishing my 82 Rabbit 4 door with factory paint,coil overs, corrado front seats, all interior switched to black, built 2.0l 8V, yakima rack, total insurance/ retard sleeper, lifting and beefing my dakota to a pre-runner'ish tough look (not as sweet as your truck Bullcrew) the thing feels like a limo instead of a truck at the moment. Also have a Suzuki DRZ 400 SM with a FCR custom jetted carb K&N filter, Athena 527 big bore kit, full Yoshimura titanium exhaust excel wheels wrapped in pilot sports, SDG saddle on the way...

my '86 montero.

..and my '77 civic.

win!!

Last edited:

ObeyMyFast!

Chimp
Jul 20, 2010
San Diego
I'm fairly certain I have seen this car before. I heard it was a photoshop, but I dont know for sure.

every Subaru feels cheap. the interior "plastic," the doors made of balsa wood, the seats cushions made from a bar stool...

This. I love the interior of my MKV.

And there are a LOT of VAG cars on here!

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
...and the panels don't line up anywhere, and the doors rattle for about 15 minutes after you close them. Ugh. Fit and finish on those cars is dreadful. My 'cheap' Jetta wagon doesn't feel cheap. The doors go 'chunk' when closed and nothing rattles excessively, even on the BQE at 70+. Now if only the engine actually did anything...

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
...and the panels don't line up anywhere, and the doors rattle for about 15 minutes after you close them. Ugh. Fit and finish on those cars is dreadful. My 'cheap' Jetta wagon doesn't feel cheap. The doors go 'chunk' when closed and nothing rattles excessively, even on the BQE at 70+. Now if only the engine actually did anything...
plus all the interior buttons actually feel like well built buttons. steering is nice and tight.
for what Subaru's cost, i feel you are getting ripped off on quality.

EastCoaster

Monkey
Mar 30, 2002
Southeastern PA
plus all the interior buttons actually feel like well built buttons. steering is nice and tight.
for what Subaru's cost, i feel you are getting ripped off on quality.
My 04 Passat V6 4motion Wagon feels SOLID. Tight. QUIET inside when the windows are rolled up. Like a d@mn tomb.

My 1994 Toyo 4Runner? That I bought new and put 257,750 on it? Like a tank. Doors were "thin" inside to out dimensionally, but solid. My new 2009 Toyo Taco? Not so much. Flimsy... Kind of "hollow" feeling yet much thicker in inches exterior to interior. But, I needed a truck... Had to become a "truck guy"...

jutny

Monkey
Jan 15, 2009
Montclair, NJ
this is what shattered my wrist and owned my shoulder:

the road-cycle:

the dirt-cycle (2000 250MXC):

the cycle-hauler/race-weekender 1999 PSD E350:

the DD (and the DD bicycle) 2001 S4 6spd Avant (now on OZ ultralegarras):

DD w/ geo and wheelbase comparo between the Jedi and Charger (illustrate to a friend):

Last edited:

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.

98 E350 7.3 Powerstroke Turbo Diesel,
Edge performance chip for up to an added 100 hp and 200 lb/ft torque,
18" american racing wheels
Full Evil decal wrap
Kicker Audio sound system
Clairion in dash DVD player for road trips
2 rear captains chairs (4 seats total)
Bed inside
My daily driver!

-KT

jutny

Monkey
Jan 15, 2009
Montclair, NJ
mine is a PSD also, but damn your van makes mine look like dog**** :)

PSD e350s are awesome vehicles.

I think mine is due for injector o-rings. ugh!

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
My toy box is in the process of being rearranged, I'm in the process of finishing my 82 Rabbit 4 door with factory paint,coil overs, corrado front seats, all interior switched to black, built 2.0l 8V, yakima rack, total insurance/ retard sleeper,
I had something very similar. 84 rabbit 4 door, gutted, 2.0 ABA block from 97 jetta, GTI tranny, 1.8 hydro head, Tectonics downpipe, catback, front and rear sway and strut bars, lightened flywheel, crazy clutch setup (something like a scirocco pressure plate 16v and 8v clutch), TT cam gear, TT 260 cam, ground control coilovers with Bilsteins, winter camo paint. Can't find any pics though. Owned it before digi cameras. I miss it. It was my autocross car for the SM class.

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
mine is a PSD also, but damn your van makes mine look like dog**** :)

PSD e350s are awesome vehicles.

I think mine is due for injector o-rings. ugh!
best vehicle I've ever owned!

mine might be due for new injectors too, it HATES cold weather and high altitude. It has new plugs, new batteries, etc, but will still take a few cranks when it is cold out.

-KT

jutny

Monkey
Jan 15, 2009
Montclair, NJ
best vehicle I've ever owned!

mine might be due for new injectors too, it HATES cold weather and high altitude. It has new plugs, new batteries, etc, but will still take a few cranks when it is cold out.

-KT
mine wont start in 70* weather unless she's block heated (or already warm). Totally bypassed o-rings i figure, once they swell up and the engine is warm she runs like a top, albeit a little down on power. the IPR is probably not doing too well either. Van had a HARD life of **** maintenence and being beaten on before I got it. Oil in it was $15k old... person who owned it before me knew NOTHING about PSD's.

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
mine wont start in 70* weather unless she's block heated (or already warm). Totally bypassed o-rings i figure, once they swell up and the engine is warm she runs like a top, albeit a little down on power. the IPR is probably not doing too well either. Van had a HARD life of **** maintenence and being beaten on before I got it. Oil in it was $15k old... person who owned it before me knew NOTHING about PSD's.
mine is the same about once it heats up, it works great! I don't have a block heater in mine, I would put one in, but my apartment doesn't have a place to plug it in anyways.

the oil thing is funny, I change mine every 10-12k (but my driving is ALL highway)

-KT

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
I had something very similar. 84 rabbit 4 door, gutted, 2.0 ABA block from 97 jetta, GTI tranny, 1.8 hydro head, Tectonics downpipe, catback, front and rear sway and strut bars, lightened flywheel, crazy clutch setup (something like a scirocco pressure plate 16v and 8v clutch), TT cam gear, TT 260 cam, ground control coilovers with Bilsteins, winter camo paint. Can't find any pics though. Owned it before digi cameras. I miss it. It was my autocross car for the SM class.

I had a very similar set-up. 85 gti, rallye golf nose, Audi 9A block, 1.8 gti hydro head, TT cams, tt downpipe, magnaflow exhaust, gti trans, lightweight flywheel, Quaife. Little rocketship

The video I posted is my 3 liter. 11:1 compression, je pistons, knife edged crank, balanced and blueprinted, gasket matched head, port & polished head, Cat 268º cams, magnaflow cat-back, custom mapped GIAC chip, intake, Quaifed transmission with 3.94 R/P and stock .85 5th. Imported 20th anniversary edition interior from Germany, coils, sways, shaved doors and hatch.

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
^ That sounds EPIC! and I never use that word, I've always wanted a Quaifed transmission or a Peloquin either would be fine with me, alas I am stuck with a welded diff as I am broke, and borderline brain damaged.

Haha mine has most everything you mention, 2.0l ABA block, european engine management knife edged crank forged pistons, titanium valve springs, schrick 276 cam, Techtonics adjustable lightweight cam gear and lightweight underdrive pulley, Corrado G-60 head and intake manifold, K&N oil and air filters, baffled oil pan, heavy duty cv joints, lightened and balanced flywheel, triple plate sachs clutch, Techtonics short shift kit, diesel 4:2:1 exhaust manifold, Techtonics cat, catback, gti front and rear sway bars, H&R coilovers, Neuspeed front upper and lower and custom rear shock tower braces, Zender rear spoiler, Schroth harnesses, ETC. ETC. ETC. I'll post pictures of it next week, its not quite finished but with tires and a few other things it'll be rippin again.

Last edited:

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Theres some air ride issues on high mileage allroads and they have similar turbo issues, but the all road is basically a A6 and the engine bay is slightly larger so dont expect heat to cook them nearly as fast as the tiny S4 engine bay

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Theres some air ride issues on high mileage allroads and they have similar turbo issues, but the all road is basically a A6 and the engine bay is slightly larger so dont expect heat to cook them nearly as fast as the tiny S4 engine bay
I wondered about the air ride system. Seems good on paper but I'm sure it's pricey when they break.

I wish we had more sports wagons in the US. :rant:

jutny

Monkey
Jan 15, 2009
Montclair, NJ
Basically the deal is: Any 2.7t audi is gonna give you ****. Between EGT sensors, O2 Sensors, and the turbos, those cars are sort of a nightmare. Take it from a guy thats not only worked on them for a living but owns one as well. If you can handle the mental/$ stresses of owning one and/or do your own labor and get parts for cost, definitely own one, its such a great powertrain.

That said, I still love my S4, I've tried to sell it but just can't bear to let her go. It's not a big car though. I manage to fit 2 bikes and everything I need for a race weekend in it though, and can still see out the back and take a passenger.

allroads are awesome once you convert them to a coil-over setup. Finding a manual allroad is damn near impossible, but they do exist.

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Basically the deal is: Any 2.7t audi is gonna give you ****. Between EGT sensors, O2 Sensors, and the turbos, those cars are sort of a nightmare. Take it from a guy thats not only worked on them for a living but owns one as well. If you can handle the mental/$ stresses of owning one and/or do your own labor and get parts for cost, definitely own one, its such a great powertrain.

That said, I still love my S4, I've tried to sell it but just can't bear to let her go. It's not a big car though. I manage to fit 2 bikes and everything I need for a race weekend in it though, and can still see out the back and take a passenger.

allroads are awesome once you convert them to a coil-over setup. Finding a manual allroad is damn near impossible, but they do exist.
even rarer is the manual, cloth interior allroad. theres been one on ebay a couple times. cool cloth interior too.

...or wait 2 more years until its legal it import either a rallye golf or golf syncro

Last edited: