Quantcast

PUSH Ind Fork?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

pretty poorly kept secret. pretty much seems less "if" at this point as "when and what". anyone wanna take bets on the what?

given their propensity for producing as much as possible in house (or sourcing locally) - there's a fair possibility it could be an inverted fork. i highly doubt their new manufacturing site includes a foundry for casting lowers, and i'm not aware of any fork lowers being cast in the US, plus they're already experimenting with inverted designs.

conversely they could go the EXT route and source lowers from another suspension company, but that doesn't seem their style.

dual crown vs single crown? i could see it going either way. the proto shown was dual crown and inverted. the uppers look like they could potentially be carbon? hard to tell from the pic, but i do know at least one company in CO making carbon in house, so not a big stretch there. plus using carbon would help offset the weight increase of a dual crown fork.

i'd assume it'd be oriented to the trail / enduro market. 140mm to 160mm at least, possibly up to 180 (especially if they go the dual crown route).

i'd also wager they'd go coil over air. the 11-6 is coil, plus they are making aftermarket coil kits for other forks. definitely a performance over weight mindset.

please let there be at least an option for a 20mm axle.

1632493780878.png

Happymtb.fr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2016
SWE
I bet on a look fournales design with, of course, a 11-6 built in.
•20mm monkey approved axle as an option and at a competitive price.
•Proprietary direct mount stem.
•Adjustable a2c depending on your head tube length.
•Innovative wheel path.
•Bespoke motion ration.
•110% made in coloRADo
p4pb12520077.jpg

Non-contractual picture

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

pretty poorly kept secret. pretty much seems less "if" at this point as "when and what". anyone wanna take bets on the what?

given their propensity for producing as much as possible in house (or sourcing locally) - there's a fair possibility it could be an inverted fork. i highly doubt their new manufacturing site includes a foundry for casting lowers, and i'm not aware of any fork lowers being cast in the US, plus they're already experimenting with inverted designs.

conversely they could go the EXT route and source lowers from another suspension company, but that doesn't seem their style.

dual crown vs single crown? i could see it going either way. the proto shown was dual crown and inverted. the uppers look like they could potentially be carbon? hard to tell from the pic, but i do know at least one company in CO making carbon in house, so not a big stretch there. plus using carbon would help offset the weight increase of a dual crown fork.

i'd assume it'd be oriented to the trail / enduro market. 140mm to 160mm at least, possibly up to 180 (especially if they go the dual crown route).

i'd also wager they'd go coil over air. the 11-6 is coil, plus they are making aftermarket coil kits for other forks. definitely a performance over weight mindset.

please let there be at least an option for a 20mm axle.

View attachment 165217
An inverted fork that isn't all twisty?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Yeah, so we are going to make a heavier fork than the competition, using exotic engineering to work around the inherent disadvantages.

This screams Emerald and Trust.

The level of how good this has to be damping wise is going to be crazy.

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
Yeah, so we are going to make a heavier fork than the competition and expect that people will buy it.

This screams the MTB industry.
ftfy.
performance over weight seems like the norm for most 'serious' riders. define serious however you want. if I'm wrong you'll let me know but aren't all those avy damper replacements that so many swear by adding weight?

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yeah, so we are going to make a heavier fork than the competition, using exotic engineering to work around the inherent disadvantages.

yea but i bet it won't creak.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

THEY'RE NOT MAKING THE FORK I WANT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

PUSHIND

PUSH Industries (Duh)
Dec 5, 2003
Colorado
If you read the article you'll see the reason we've exposed this project is that we are NOT making it. This was something we did back in 2015.

PUSHIND

PUSH Industries (Duh)
Dec 5, 2003
Colorado
Yep pretty sure that's a piss poor executed design...checks all the "WTF" Boxes....including a couple of stupid design ones as well...
If you don't ever get off the bench you'll never really know how to play the game.

In the article, I explain that this was a prototype project to explore possibilities. It wasn't meant to be refined....it was meant to be a platform for testing. We've built lots of "WTF" things over the years that don't go past our engineering department. This just happens to be the first time we've ever publically shown one of those projects.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
If you don't ever get off the bench you'll never really know how to play the game.

In the article, I explain that this was a prototype project to explore possibilities. It wasn't meant to be refined....it was meant to be a platform for testing. We've built lots of "WTF" things over the years that don't go past our engineering department. This just happens to be the first time we've ever publically shown one of those projects.
so what can you tell us about the new fork? ;):cool:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
with all the electric shit already on bikes I just want two tubes that blow air downward and make a hovercraft instead of hosting a stupid archaic wheel

......and you fools thought your mullet bikes were cool

Im building a skullet. Nothin in the front with the party in the back

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
An inverted fork that isn't all twisty?
The links 'should' improve twistiness over your standard inverted fork. Why big airplanes use a link on landing gear.

1632508637910.png

From the direction that lower link would rotate it should have some anti-dive characteristics.

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
The links 'should' improve twistiness over your standard inverted fork. Why big airplanes use a link on landing gear.

View attachment 165227

From the direction that lower link would rotate it should have some anti-dive characteristics.
Yeah, but you know what happens when you side-load those hard on landing? They shear right off...If you land hard enough they just punch through the fuselage, but if you do it right and sideload...

That said, some of the main gear can stand an impressive amount of side-load.

The torsion is one thing, but the lateral is the killer there.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yeah, but you know what happens when you side-load those hard on landing? They shear right off...If you land hard enough they just punch through the fuselage, but if you do it right and sideload...

I bet if you put a strut on either side of the wheel it could handle more side loads.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

because a mountainbiker and mountain bike system is the same thing as a loaded passenger jet landing at 150mph

same

like westy said, you also have one on each side just enhancing the structural support of a fork that already exists without the struts

It's not like a lefty ditching the square stanchion and going to a strut

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
because a mountainbiker and mountain bike system is the same thing as a loaded passenger jet landing at 150mph

same

like westy said, you also have one on each side just enhancing the structural support of a fork that already exists without the struts

It's not like a lefty ditching the square stanchion and going to a strut
and god forbid they experiment with new ideas instead of rehashing the same thing over and over again

RM: "why doesn't the bike industry try some out of the box thinking?"

also RM: "no not like that"