Quantcast

PUSH Ind Fork?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Dammit man. My in laws are in Centennial so when I am in town, I can be at the bottom of the North Fork Little Laramie trail in a few minutes. It's the difference between IMBA and old school Forest Service trails.

Up on top is a another animal. There is a 12ish mile loop that is a giant rock garden. Last time I rode it, I averaged 4.5 mph. But if you feel like slow going rock crawling moves for hours (fuck yeah) its proper. At 12,000 ft no less. It's called Matildas alpine loop on Strava. Then theres the Rock Creek shuttle that starts on top of the Snowys and ends in Arlington, on Route 80. I haven't hit that trail yet but it is on the bucket list.

Snowys are raw, remote, and thin air. Not for everyone.
Matilda's is definitely rock crawling. Although I'd say it's more portaging when you're carrying your bike across the boulder field overhanging the big lake.
20210925_135014.jpg

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Had a customer in Detroit that specialized in magnesium casting and machining. One of their operators disabled a low coolant interlock switch on a machining center. Machine temporarily ran out of coolant, which started a magnesium fire, when the coolant started running again the molten magnesium reacted with the water and released a bunch of hydrogen wich eventually mixed with fresh oxygen and exploded. A pretty much brand new $2,000,000 cnc machine was turned into a burnt carcass. The operator survived but had some nasty burns on his back. The explosion tossed molten plexiglass and magnesium onto his back as he was running away.
reminds me very much of the process diagrams and equations we put together in chemE classes :rofl:

sweet jesus that's a whole lot of going wrong in a specific order

glad the dude still has skin

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
reminds me very much of the process diagrams and equations we put together in chemE classes :rofl:

sweet jesus that's a whole lot of going wrong in a specific order

glad the dude still has skin

That was more than twenty years ago. That switch would now be safety rated and tamper proof and someone will complain about the nanny state.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
That was more than twenty years ago. That switch would now be safety rated and tamper proof and someone will complain about the nanny state.
Every time I have to to EHS training at work, all the examples of what not to do are a direct result of someone doing exactly that.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
"WHAT'S THAT? CAN'T HEAR YOU"

"was that a mountainbiker back there?"

"nah just some dude carrying a fully functional mountainbike"

"Do you hear that moto coming?"

"Yeah let's pick up our bikes and get out of his way so he disappears quickly"

Sheeeeesh. The section 6thElement mentioned is a bitch to walk through and is impossible to Push a moto through. You and your friends from Iowa don't come until the snow hits.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Educating those of us who knew better in the first place.
I expect Darwin to at least have a swing at me at some point, sub par sleep sees me do some pretty stupid shit at work.
Three stitches to the knee is all that has happened so far.

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
Anyway, just seems like some misinformation has been inflated as it's been passed along the internet. The real cost is the time and energy it takes to prototype...not getting a casting done. It takes a lot of time, manpower, and money for prototyping before you get there. Basically a team of people.
but the techno king said „prototypes are easy, production is hard“

and he made some dough. how rich are YOU?

Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
The prior-gen Dorado (before the one that just came out a couple months ago) was also pretty awesome for the day, at least earlier in its lifespan. No, it wasn't very stiff, but it also didn't bind up and stop working if it flexed a little, and the damper and spring were both great.
The new one is even better, though heavy. We put one on my friend's Sur-ron a month ago. Ultimate fork for that application so I guess also an awesome fork for a heavy DHer.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Darren: Makes a cup of coffee and starts reading this thread.
Shakes head.
Pours Irish whiskey into coffee, reads some more.
Shakes head vigorously.
Pushing coffee to the side, starts drinking straight from bottle.
Finishes thread..........finishes bottle.
Shakes head.