Quantcast

Rampage! Live Thread. Dudes hucking themselves everywhere.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Am I the only one who thinks the fork is weak comments are crazy? It was a gnarly crash, a hard bottom out can kill any fork.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Judging is suspect IMO.
What was so special about Gee's run, except for landing that gap/wallride?

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
Am I the only one who thinks the fork is weak comments are crazy? It was a gnarly crash, a hard bottom out can kill any fork.
I'm usually not one to bag on products, but forks stanctions should bend. Then again it's never happened before and probably never will again unless more people slam 50ft hip drops at full speed!

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
I'm usually not one to bag on products, but forks stanctions should bend. Then again it's never happened before and probably never will again unless more people slam 50ft hip drops at full speed!
Actualy at a very hard hit anything that normaly bends may tear off/crack/fall off. ;) Thats a comp that is a bit over the intended use for the fork. It is different than bottoming your fork on a 15 feet drop ;)

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
I'm sure Marz loved that footage :rofl:

thad

Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
Gee went 800mph, looked smooth and did the gnarliest line. That's why he's in 1st.

RayB

Monkey
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle
wtf feed just died...?!?!

By the way, that definitely wasn't an 888 that folded. If you watched closely, the spring fell out've the LEFT leg......

(Not hatin', just statin')

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
i was thinking the same thing. he was fast though...
He was fast...but I'm pretty sure this isn't the World Cup. I think burliness should be judged over speed.

Andreu, Logan, Strait all should be ahead of him IMO...

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
Freestyle soccer !!!

Gee's run was the best imo. The other guy did not look like he was gonna stick the line in the air, had a bad angle. Gee made it look soo easy. WOW

thad

Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
No way. Gee's run was #1 for sure. If anything, I think Gully should be #2, not Lacondeguy. Pretty much did the same run, Andreu did one more flip, but Gully was way faster, smoother and more confident, and was blasting to the moon. That whip he did was one of the highlights so far.

Too bad Doerfling's fork folded, he was on a winning run.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
No way. Gee's run was #1 for sure. If anything, I think Gully should be #2, not Lacondeguy. Pretty much did the same run, Andreu did one more flip, but Gully was way faster, smoother and more confident, and was blasting to the moon. That whip he did was one of the highlights so far.

Too bad Doerfling's fork folded, he was on a winning run.
How could I forget about Gully? yes, his run was sick.

I disagree though, Gee's run was boring to me except for the banger at the end.

Pslide

Turbo Monkey
Gotta say this Rampage business just doesn't hold my attention. Not like a World Cup at least. Lots of stacks and down time, annoying music and commentating. I thought Gee's run was the best, awesome to watch, fast and super precise. I guess I'm biased. Since I've seen the best I'm going for a road ride. :)

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Gotta say this Rampage business just doesn't hold my attention. Not like a World Cup at least. Lots of stacks and down time, annoying music and commentating. I thought Gee's run was the best, awesome to watch, fast and super precise. I guess I'm biased. Since I've seen the best I'm going for a road ride. :)
Im pretty sure some ppl will go nuts on the 2nd round. Though If it wasnt 11PM here and I wasnt sick Id be pretty annyoed too. Warner and Freecaster guys should do it.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Rampage isn't about speed.
Its about balls.
And going big.

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
He was fast...but I'm pretty sure this isn't the World Cup. I think burliness should be judged over speed.

Andreu, Logan, Strait all should be ahead of him IMO...
yea, forgot my sarcasm tag. speed should not be as much of a factor as tricks and big air.

thad

Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
Yeah, and that gap to wallride was the burliest line. Look how many people are doing creeper hucks of the O dorp. 800mph into a hipped out wallride transfer is waaaaay gnarlier.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Yeah, and that gap to wallride was the burliest line. Look how many people are doing creeper hucks of the O dorp. 800mph into a hipped out wallride transfer is waaaaay gnarlier.
But that was all he did.

Dropping the O drop PLUS hitting a gnarly backflip and not bobbling/putting a foot down = sicker than one banger at the end and riding the rest like a race run.

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
Yeah dude, thewallride was the burliest! That thing broke off a freeride fork! :D