Quantcast

Random Food Thread.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
oh - another tip to roasting them, drain any liquid that may seep from the pepper itself during the roasting process and prior to stuffing.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
I was up way too late making this bullshit... But the quality looks acceptable...

Forgetting to put the Dutch oven in the preheating oven didn't help matters...
IMG_20200901_075921.jpg

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Jerk coated chicken thighs on the bbq. With some thyme infused rice and quinoa. Thyme is from the garden.

Whole wack load of these.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
The non glamorous side of the Kitchen. Prep work

Started with a 5.33 pound deboned leg of lamb. After I trimmed off all the fat, and connective tissue I ended up with 10 6 oz portions and a lot of diced up fried trimmings to mix in with the dogs meals over the next week. they will be very happy puppies.
Prep 1.jpg
Prep2.jpg
prep3.jpg

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The non glamorous side of the Kitchen. Prep work

Started with a 5.33 pound deboned leg of lamb. After I trimmed off all the fat, and connective tissue I ended up with 10 6 oz portions and a lot of diced up fried trimmings to mix in with the dogs meals over the next week. they will be very happy puppies.View attachment 149407View attachment 149408View attachment 149409
The non glamourous part is when they shoot the lamb in the face, chop it's head off then cut out it's rectum.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
The non glamourous part is when they shoot the lamb in the face, chop it's head off then cut out it's rectum.
Kitchen not slaughter house minor difference..... so I take it you are a Vegan?

I really don't care if I kill it or someone else does ( I have killed many animals for consumption in my life) I like to cook them and eat them.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

I really don't care if I kill it or someone else does ( I have killed many animals for consumption in my life) I like to cook them and eat them.

Nope, but I certainly don't consider chopping up a butchered cut of meat the dirty work.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001

Nope, but I certainly don't consider chopping up a butchered cut of meat the dirty work.
nope not dirty work but in commercial kitchens where I worked for ten years Prep is the grunt work and cooking the final meal gets the glory

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
From the garden

To the grill

Steak marinating for....

Homemade tortillas for tacos....first time, we'll see... :D

Fresh salsa of some sort, of course :)

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Dammit, now I want hot dogs and potato salad. :drool:

Or maybe enchiladas...

And for what its worth, that one red Hungarian hot wax pepper was indeed hot. Those were so delicious, perhaps as good or better than jalepenos? And they didn't take as long to cook.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Since the weather is shite today, I'm baking bread, making mozzarella, and whipping up some chicken marsala to go along with caprese and tomato bruschetta.

Have some avacados that are nice and ripe, so may have some of that on the bruschetta as well.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
What with the bacon and bacon grease/vinegar dressing, eh? Good German potato salad is really something to behold. :drool:
Now I need it.

And this, whatever it is:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Now I need it.

And this, whatever it is:
What the...
Is that a giant calzone stuffed with veggies and pork chops?