Quantcast

Random Food Thread.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
in a skillet I seared 10 shrimp in butter , chopped garlic and Slap yo Momma Cajun Spice (hot version).
Home made corn tortillas, shredded red cabbage, diced red onion, Dubliner Cheese, sliced Avocado and diced Habanero pepper. Washed it down with a non alcoholic Guinness.

taco sat2.jpg

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Tomato (a massive late summer heirloom thing from the garden [was delicious] - meant to tak a pic. oops. so huge we ate near half before assembling this and still quite enough.), garlic, feta, cannellini beans, 8oz. ziti rigati, wilted down spinach & arugula, diced pickled hot peppers.
20240922_172102.jpg
EVOO, S&P.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
fuuuuck. i love octopus. have a hard time eating it now - they're smart. that makes it tough for my brain.

i want the GMO folks...to make a chicken/octupus hybrid. lives on land, eight legs, tastes like octopus, dumb as fuck. then i won't feel bad about eating them.

i, for one, will welcome our new vat grown meat overlords.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Cauliflower shawarma and red onion with calabrian chile spiced tahini. Zucchini and tomato sides. Garlic naan crackers.
20240924_165017.jpg

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
My kid looked in the fridge, and said “There’s nothing to eat!”
I said “Bullshit”
Found some shredded chicken, black beans, tomato, onion, cilantro, jalapeños, rice…
Made some pico de gallo, seasoned up the beans with roasted cumin, garlic, some salsa verde, etc.
Made up some burritos, and browned ‘Em like a quesedilla…

And there was dinner, and it was good.

IMG_1956.jpeg

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
My kid looked in the fridge, and said “There’s nothing to eat!”
I said “Bullshit”
Found some shredded chicken, black beans, tomato, onion, cilantro, jalapeños, rice…
Made some pico de gallo, seasoned up the beans with roasted cumin, garlic, some salsa verde, etc.
Made up some burritos, and browned ‘Em like a quesedilla…

And there was dinner, and it was good.

View attachment 219191
haha he tricked you into making him dinner. Smart kid. :busted:

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Bachan's Hot Japanese BBQ sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil.
Brussels sprouts, zucchini, red bell pepper, yellow onion, carrots, shiitake mushrooms.

Very tasty!
20241002_160657.jpg

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Hey Brother’s,I have a question for you,then I give the story. I did not know where togo to ask this question? In the End, it is about food,so here we go.

Is there any Monkey that Lives in SA? I do not know of any?

Story: My Brother married a SA Lady and had two children,a boy and girl. She had this Dam Dish she called South African Chicken! She put it over white rice. I Love this Dam Dish! The Smell alone drove me Nut’s! Almost as wonderful as the Smell of a Lady when she simply walk’s by you.

6 fuckin chicken thighs, or 8.
1 whole white onion,chop nice thick rings and lay down over the chicken
1 small jar of Apricot Preserve
1 small jar of Mayo. You’re choice here Brother’s,on Brand,not on using it.
Last,but Most Important,the reason Avy is asking for help.

1 packet of Dried Onion Mix.

Mix All the above in a bowl,soak that mad chicken in it,and then pour into a pyrex. Then simply put those Onions on Top and Bake. The Onions Melt into the Chickon.

For a Long time It tasted the Exact same to Avy. Then it changed? Why does it not taste the same tome I asked her?

She said that Onion Mix Avy,Yeah I said,Every Single SA Chicken I made you was with that mix. What Is the problem I said? I have no more,so now I use the American version. That is what you are tasting. What?!

Never have I had it again as it should be.

I am eating it tonight for Dinner,but Avy is not happy.

Avy

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
Pastrami ribs near completion. Still need to be steamed and served. This will commence on Saturday. So far they are weird as shit, delicious and delightful. Pics are 1. After 4 day wet cure/brine. 2. Spice rubbed with cracked pepper, brown sugar and coriander. 3. Hitting the smoker with plum wood. 4. After some good smoke. 5. After about 5 hours at 300 on the smoker.
IMG_3235.jpeg

IMG_3238.jpeg

IMG_3240.jpeg

IMG_3243.jpeg

IMG_3248.jpeg