syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I'll pick up a used copy. While I was working the wildlife rehab we had an albino raccoon (no photo though). About a dozen enclosures of rehab/rescue raccoons there - why spend the money on common animals like that - patient numbers must determine funding somehow:rant:

I avoided mammals when possible (especially rabies carriers) - almost always worked with the songbirds and birds of prey. The resident turkey vulture was mean since he was beaten in captivity before the center staff got him.

They have wild BVs most of the year, at times 100s of them:

There were two young ones that were raised and released. They were socialized too much and have no fear of people. They stick around all the time and try to steal food from you - really sneaky and smart. I actually enjoyed being harassed by them:

True story...we were on a rock outcrop about 4 weeks back hiking with friends. My dog goes nuts down below us. I scrabble down maybe 50 feet and he's having a face to face pissing contest with one of these things.

My mutt is 70 lbs of wuss meat and the turkey vulture wasn't backing down, despite my dog's brave bark and snap falsetto attack. That was one mean ass bird. :shocked: