Quantcast

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
especially after four hours

pretty silent I bet
it a good thing. I have some of that ego stuff you posted. Love the weed wacker, super quiet, self loads the cord, doesn’t vibrate and make my hands numb. Always works. Course I don’t use it all day either. But with 3 batteries I can almost use it non stop. Chainsaw is nice, edger destroys edges and sprinklers, blower is awesome. Hedger works good. All of them quiet, I like quiet.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
it a good thing. I have some of that ego stuff you posted. Love the weed wacker, super quiet, self loads the cord, doesn’t vibrate and make my hands numb. Always works. Course I don’t use it all day either. But with 3 batteries I can almost use it non stop. Chainsaw is nice, edger destroys edges and sprinklers, blower is awesome. Hedger works good. All of them quiet, I like quiet.
but snow broom :rofl:

It doesnt matter here...when it snows, literally every house has a snowblower going

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
but snow broom :rofl:

It doesnt matter here...when it snows, literally every house has a snowblower going
some people are old or handicapped or total sissies, and don’t need to hammer nails with a sledgehammer. But sometimes you do need the real thing so you don’t run out of juice.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
some people are old or handicapped or total sissies
Yah I know, thats why I bought a beautiful candy red 2023 model year honda HS1332 snowblower.

And still fucked my back up shoveling so much of the shit this year :rofl:

I use plenty of battery powered tools at work. Enough to be very VERY aware of their limitations.

The powertool shops just over the nevada state line here are about to become gold mines in a few years when californias dumb new laws take effect. Another reason I consumed a new snowblower this year

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Just about to start crying because I can't make things work and the customer shows me the safety switch, hahaha!
View attachment 191201
Yup, my suggested repairs were- Replace Machine.

This has been floating around in my work truck for years, I have no idea who did it but it makes me giggle every time I see it.
View attachment 191214
God damn do your posts make me angry. I have no idea how you work under those conditions.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
God damn do your posts make me angry. I have no idea how you work under those conditions.
Haha, I had to take my old man to work on Sunday to give me a hand.
He ended up angry and said he was leaving to re draw a schematic because the one in the manual was shit.
He told me I need to do an electrical trade but we have tried to use auto elecs in the past but they have been of no use, as would a 240V cable jerker.
I'd have to do industrial elec course but you have to become a mains electrician before you can do the fun stuff.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Anyone have any experience with Airens?
That would be number two. I have two neighbors with those. They work. The wheeled versions just do wheelies trying to blow going up a slope though (same with hondas), and I don't think the tracked ariens work as well as the hondas. That track design is kind of weird.

The reason hondas are so ubiquitous here is that 1. tracks and 2. regardless of how old they are, all parts are still available so no matter what you break, it's fixable. I know people have a hard time getting ariens parts sometimes. The Honda GPX motors seem stronger too. The guy I bought my previous honda from sold his for a wheeled ariens just because he could move it around his cars easier.

At one point I think there was a durability case to be made when hondas were 100% made in japan but they're both full of chinese sourced shit now.

Last edited:

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I needed a new snowblower this year but managed to make mine work one more winter. Honda seems like the #1 choice but they are crazy expensive. Anyone have any experience with Airens?
Been using a Deluxe Ariens 10-24 for 12 years. 100% Reliable. Good in wet slop, still can launch that crap far away. What woo is saying is real. When attacking a bank higher than the bucket (21") it tends to lift up. You have to make a few back and forth. For me at $1000 12 years ago it's been perfect. You might want to have a look at some Yamaha's also. They seem sturdy and well made. Haven't researched it though.