Quantcast

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
What are the rules for getting rid of feral cats there? Take it to the vet and they give it a long nap?
No that is cruel. You take them to the local animal shelter where they are given a full health check then immediately put down as the vast majority of feral cats are diseased little fuckers.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
No that is cruel. You take them to the local animal shelter where they are given a full health check then immediately put down as the vast majority of feral cats are diseased little fuckers.
Feline aids is pretty crazy over here, the good thing is that because of the aids some people keep their cats indoors or install cat runs and that's great for native animals.
In saying that, Chickens are pretty brutal little animals, they eat small snakes, frogs, lizards etc etc.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
What are the rules for getting rid of feral cats there? Take it to the vet and they give it a long nap?
I know they have spay clinics that fix the feral cats and re-release them. This fucker is killing my chickens though and I don't want it coming back fixed to continue killing my chickens. I let it go today and regret doing that. I dont think it'll be as easy to catch the 2nd time.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Feline aids is pretty crazy over here, the good thing is that because of the aids some people keep their cats indoors or install cat runs and that's great for native animals.
In saying that, Chickens are pretty brutal little animals, they eat small snakes, frogs, lizards etc etc.
I had a work study scholarship in college where I got paid to work for non profits. I did my time at the local animal shelter and it was rare to have a feral cat come in that did not test positive for Feline HIV. Occasionally some asshole local farmer would get sick of their barn cats and drop off a crate of 20 or so of them. We didn't have to capacity to quarantine and test in those numbers so it usually turned into assembly line euthanasia, at least for the ones still alive. Stick 20 feral cats in a single cage and they usually do a good job of trying to kill each other. Because of competency and emotional stability I usually got the shit job of helping the vet with the process, (story of my life). It required quick hands, face shield, welding gloves and jacket to yank one out of the cage and hold it down for the shot without getting your face ripped off.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I know they have spay clinics that fix the feral cats and re-release them. This fucker is killing my chickens though and I don't want it coming back fixed to continue killing my chickens. I let it go today and regret doing that. I dont think it'll be as easy to catch the 2nd time.
If you get it again you should make a stencil and spray paint "keep your cat inside" just in case it is someone's pet.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
They are such beautiful animals-
1690690503220.png

It's concerning how quickly the feral cats are growing in size, we'll have leopard size feral cats in the future me thinks.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
They are such beautiful animals-
View attachment 197840
It's concerning how quickly the feral cats are growing in size, we'll have leopard size feral cats in the future me thinks.
Cats are as much prey as they are predators in my neighborhood. After witnessing a bunch of leashed labradoodles they lose their fear for dogs, then the coyotes come out at night. There is usually about a 6 month period between when I first see a new outdoor cat to when I see a missing poster for them.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Mifepristone works on all mammals. Takes some time to be effective. Easily administered also.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Cats are as much prey as they are predators in my neighborhood. After witnessing a bunch of leashed labradoodles they lose their fear for dogs, then the coyotes come out at night. There is usually about a 6 month period between when I first see a new outdoor cat to when I see a missing poster for them.
Same here. FB spotted page is all about missing cats. Fisher Cat and Coyotes are fat and smiling.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Stray/feral cats around here usually go on a trip to see the mountains, or at least that’s what my daughter thinks. We have 2 outside mouse/bird murdering machines. As long as a stray can get along they are ok crash in a barn and add to mouse murdering. As soon as they become a dick. . .pew pew

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Stray/feral cats around here usually go on a trip to see the mountains, or at least that’s what my daughter thinks. We have 2 outside mouse/bird murdering machines. As long as a stray can get along they are ok crash in a barn and add to mouse murdering. As soon as they become a dick. . .pew pew
We are getting a couple of murderers on Wednesday. Local Blueberry farm has too many cats and we have too many mice. Perfect.