Quantcast

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
The Cat just pawwed my leg. Scared the fuck out of me... Gah I hate spiders.
Spiders rawk ! They eat all the other creepy crawlies. The only ones I kill are black widows when I find them at my parents house. Dad can't see them, so... Next time I might catch one and take it to the studio for some macro photography. Just hope I don't lose it. Might be kind of troublesome if I had to put up flyers for a missing black widow.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Spiders rawk ! They eat all the other creepy crawlies. The only ones I kill are black widows when I find them at my parents house. Dad can't see them, so... Next time I might catch one and take it to the studio for some macro photography. Just hope I don't lose it. Might be kind of troublesome if I had to put up flyers for a missing black widow.
Weirdo....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yup. Some spiders will eat ticks. That makes them all OK in my book. I like taking a flashlight out in the yard at nigh during the summer to check out all the little green eyes, wolf spiders on the hunt. They are nocturnal predators and their eyes contain retro-reflectors to help them see in the dark. They are easy to spot if the light source is near your eyes, headlamps work well.

Like me some orb weavers too. Got a close up of this fat momma a few years ago.

Rarely find one in the house, I am cool with that. The only black widows I have seen are in predictable locations, just make sure I wear gloves when rooting around in rocks or the shed.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Yup. Some spiders will eat ticks. That makes them all OK in my book. I like taking a flashlight out in the yard at nigh during the summer to check out all the little green eyes, wolf spiders on the hunt. They are nocturnal predators and their eyes contain retro-reflectors to help them see in the dark. They are easy to spot if the light source is near your eyes, headlamps work well.

Rarely find one in the house, I am cool with that. The only black widows I have seen are in predictable locations, just make sure I wear gloves when rooting around in rocks or the shed.
Still scary AF.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
This thing is made for shooting flys in the house. Its great at that, but its even better at shooting spiders. I use it with a flashlight to fuck up some black widows. It absolutely decimates them, tears up their little legs, rips open the abdomen. Much better than a can of starting fluid and a lighter, because i dont have three arms. If i did have three arms i could hold the flashlight, the lighter, and the can at the same time. Dont even tell me to buy a head lamp i wont do it. When my toddler is acting crazy and im shooting flys I ask her if she wants to play "dance sucker dance". She always says "no". one day.....

Attachments

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

Nice pic! I have one living in my kitchen window, behind a bug screen. It is very interesting to observe how she checks for the prey in the net when something gets trapped in there.

This dude did not make it.

Thanks for the story about the wolf spiders, I see them in night rides all the time. Their eyes reflect green light like small jewels.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Thanks for the story about the wolf spiders, I see them in night rides all the time. Their eyes reflect green light like small jewels.
One of the coolest things I saw was opening my door one morning in Nacogdoches, and two wolf spiders were fighting each other on the porch.

Last edited:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Years ago I was camping and riding in Pisgah and I woke to the silhouette of a huge spider on the top of my tent. Freaked me out, but after going outside and looking closer at it I saw it was about 2/3 of a huge spider with a big piece missing, like it was bitten or torn apart.
Gah! :panic: