Quantcast

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I can't place that body of water/bridges. North side of the island is my guess. Somewhere along Cremazie?
That's the Outaouais River. Chaudière Falls. First bridge in foreground = Chaudière, second bridge = Portage, third = Alexandra. Laurier is on the left (on the Quebec Side) and Parkway / Wellington on the right. You're looking east and a little south. That was taken from some sort of flying machine... Pretty cool shot.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Most likely parts storage. Racks of nuts and bolts, most large manufacturing facilities had such things before Just In Time became a fad. Now you get a little ziplock bag filled with 3 washers delivered UPS red 3 days after you needed it.
Have the identical setup at work. All spare parts/hardware. Cost something crazy like $50k

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
That's the Outaouais River. Chaudière Falls. First bridge in foreground = Chaudière, second bridge = Portage, third = Alexandra. Laurier is on the left (on the Quebec Side) and Parkway / Wellington on the right. You're looking east and a little south. That was taken from some sort of flying machine... Pretty cool shot.
I was way off...

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
My Auntie is very ill. I may be coming to visit soon. I believe Kenata is in that view.
Sorry to hear it. Drop me a line if/when you're in town, it would be cool to grab a beer or something. You seem to know the good places here better than I do! (being a parent sure puts a dent in your "foodie explorations") yeah, Kanata is in the background...

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Sorry to hear it. Drop me a line if/when you're in town, it would be cool to grab a beer or something. You seem to know the good places here better than I do! (being a parent sure puts a dent in your "foodie explorations") yeah, Kanata is in the background...
Haha just talked to her. She wants me to bring Pierogis and Philly Style Pork Roll.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
When I retire, I want to do so in Portugal, preferably the Azores or Madeira.

Technically, as a EU citizen I can do that. Practically, gotta save the $$$ and learn the language first.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
It is a disease that has invaded the depths of every US company. Accountants can easily measure the savings of not carrying inventory, but they cannot easily calculate the resulting anarchy. So anarchy it is. Deferred cost, it is something Americans excel at.
We just had a bean counter propose today that we re-classify our BOMs because one of the called out sub-assemblies did not have a material cost associated with it. Apparently assigning it a cost of $0 was harder than re-arranging the whole system.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
When I retire, I want to do so in Portugal, preferably the Azores or Madeira.

Technically, as a EU citizen I can do that. Practically, gotta save the $$$ and learn the language first.

I would need 580,000 euros in real estate and $1.1M in assets to move there. No Problem...