Quantcast

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Yes,

Composites!

And of course the most wonderful Merlin engine that made them all possible

Fun fact. Later versions of the Merlin had specially shaped exhaust pipes that generated about 75 lbs of thrust.
I knew my GF was a keeper when she patiently let me oogle the cut away Merlin that's on display at the Imperial War Museum in London for at east an hour. Those things are a fucking masterpiece.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Before there was the Audi S8

There was the Ford 427 Cammer

Still better than the Audi.
I am obviously not defending the travesty that was the early chain driven Audi 4.2 V8s, but they would have actually been fine if they hadn't made the guides out of cheese. The later ones are reasonably solid.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

More Betterer....
Next time you're up here you should go to the Canadian Heritage Warplane Museum in Hamilton.

They have one of the very last flying Lancaster's.

I took a flight in this. Greatest thing to do as a kid (or adult) who likes planes.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
my older brother bought one of those for 500.00 for his gf in knoxville...put a head gasket on it...eventually made its way to my younger brother in colorado.....combined mileage they put on it at death....about 100,000
Mine cost 1200. I drove it for two years, put a fuel pump in it, plus tires every 15k. I took it to Wyoming and back plus lots of other places. Sold it for 600 and still spotted on the road a couple years later. Probably put 75k on it in that time. Regret selling it but needed some money.

This was an exploration of dirt roads which ended in a muddy field... I went through the only gate that offered hope of escape,and it spit me out on the 16th fairway of a golf course. Thankfully the Fox is not much bigger than a golf cart.