Quantcast

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Yeah, me too. The A10 is kind of the spiritual sucessor to the Lighting in terms of capability and battlefield effect. Replace 4 x .50 cals with 1 x midi gun but you still got a tank buster from hell.
(3) A10s took off and banked over my house after a fuel stop recently. Way different sound than any other plane I've seen. Pretty cool.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Yeah, me too. The A10 is kind of the spiritual sucessor to the Lighting in terms of capability and battlefield effect. Replace 4 x .50 cals with 1 x midi gun but you still got a tank buster from hell.
actually, the A10 is the successor to the P47, not P48

(3) A10s took off and banked over my house after a fuel stop recently. Way different sound than any other plane I've seen. Pretty cool.
ive been under a flew fly-bys of the A10 and they definitely sound different

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Meh...I'll stick with my opinion. Twin engines, struck fear into the enemy....good at shooting up armoured vehicles....etc etc, much like the A10 is/does.
well, your opinion is wrong.
the P47 was designed for close air support. the P38 wasnt. it was used as a bomber and recon plane.
if two engines and good at killing vehicles is your requirement, then the F/A18 fits that bill too. as does the F14 and the F15.
hell, the A10 even took its name from the P47
A modern-day counterpart in that role, the A-10 Thunderbolt II, takes its name from the P-47.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P-47_Thunderbolt

i grew up learning about WWII and modern fighter aircraft.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Look at the picture its winter the picture is from April not prime forest fire season :rolleyes: I just think it has had its head in the snow during the bear attack.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
it was a 800lb grizzly bear...not some 150lb black bear from the neighborhood.
if Rangers in Yellowstone said it was a attack, im inclined to believe them.

Mr Jones

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2007
Look at the picture its winter the picture is from April not prime forest fire season :rolleyes: I just think it has had its head in the snow during the bear attack.
I agree:
the bison has been attacked by the grizzly
the grizzly is pissed
the bison is scared
the photographer needs to change his shorts
its a bad ass pic

I disagree:
damage to bison's head was done by bear

Why:
There was a huge fire at yellowstone September 2009. Many animals were killed and or burned. The fire was bascially put out when it started to snow October 2009. I believe it is safe to assume that this bison was burned during that fire. The fire burned the fur off it's head as well as destroyed the bison's ability to regrow fur on it's head.

The burns may have also contributed to why tatonka looks kinda skinny for a buffalo. May have been ready to give up the ghost... could by why war bear is gunnin for him.