Quantcast
Last week a place I worked was telling me about their neighbouring business, they were being inspected by the safety muppets.
Turned out people were chasing each other in forklifts, one tipped and the guy stepped out and he managed to stand in the right spot as it rolled and didn't get crushed by the roll frame.
Dumb shit is hard to get away with when everything is on camera, once upon a time you'd stand the fork back up and call it a learning experience.
When I was a Jersey punk I had a coworker attempt to push me through the ceiling with a forklift, this way prior to OSHA...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Last week a place I worked was telling me about their neighbouring business, they were being inspected by the safety muppets.
Turned out people were chasing each other in forklifts, one tipped and the guy stepped out and he managed to stand in the right spot as it rolled and didn't get crushed by the roll frame.
Dumb shit is hard to get away with when everything is on camera, once upon a time you'd stand the fork back up and call it a learning experience.
At my first job when they issued fall protection harnesses we used them to lift ourselves and fly around with the overhead cranes. And there was the one who was dumb enough to let someone else get ahold of the pendant while he was still attached. He was left dangling an inch off the ground over lunch.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
At my first job when they issued fall protection harnesses we used them to lift ourselves and fly around with the overhead cranes. And there was the one who was dumb enough to let someone else get ahold of the pendant while he was still attached. He was left dangling an inch off the ground over lunch.
The hangar has a fall protection system on both gantry's, and we even have this fancy portable one that's basically just a couple giant air powered suction cups that you can slap pretty much anywhere on an aircraft surface. Everyone gets trained to use them, and never once in 22 years have I seen anyone actually use them.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
It was. 1X recording capability. It took 4 hours to master a cd. DAT lived on for another 5 years. As soon as we were all in they changed the standard too.
I had a Sony Mobile ES U1000 single DIN 4 mini disc changer. I loved mini discs and they only lasted about 18 months. :rofl: