Quantcast

Reputation Comments

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I can read them all, and I can see who sent them. The rules apply to all aspects of the site, including rep comments. No more warnings.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Ridemonkey said:
I can read them all, and I can see who sent them. The rules apply to all aspects of the site, including rep comments. No more warnings.

Cool! I have a couple I want the senders ID'ed...

:clue:

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
...This does not mean I'm going to look up every negative rep comment you may have received or will receive, but if someone overtly abuses the system, let me know.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Ridemonkey said:
...This does not mean I'm going to look up every negative rep comment you may have received or will receive, but if someone overtly abuses the system, let me know.

No worries... I've already attributed them to the various Monkeys whom I wanted to... :rofl:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'm usually not one to complain or give out unwanted advice on how the monkey should be, but anymore it seems every time I come here half the threads are about how people should act, people who don't know how to act whining about the rules and the ridiculous drama that ensues. I probably don't see the bad stuff that happens but to me it seems to always be the same small population of people causing the problems. Wouldn't it be easier to just get rid of the troublemakers than to continuously warn individuals and the general population?

There is my free advice, I provide a 100% money back guarantee that you will like it. ;)

R

richcreek

my question is how do you send reputation comments i cant figure out how!?!?!?

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Westy said:
I'm usually not one to complain or give out unwanted advice on how the monkey should be, but anymore it seems every time I come here half the threads are about how people should act, people who don't know how to act whining about the rules and the ridiculous drama that ensues. I probably don't see the bad stuff that happens but to me it seems to always be the same small population of people causing the problems. Wouldn't it be easier to just get rid of the troublemakers than to continuously warn individuals and the general population?

There is my free advice, I provide a 100% money back guarantee that you will like it. ;)
Shouldn't you be busy writing a race report? :nope:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
There ain't nothin' wrong with summary executions... however, a mob lynching is more entertaining. :)

Westy said:

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Opeth said:
How about getting rid of the reputation points?
:stupid: :rolleyes:

Please don't tell me someone isn't out of touch enough to realize the ****storm the rep system would cause amongst the lunch bunch.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
LordOpie said:
yeah, this time, it's the head-monkey going Loco.

Do you think he'll get really upset and leave?
:rofl:

I always sign my feedback. I rarely leave any serious feedback anyway. I figure that this reputation thing is just a silly game so why not make it fun. No need to be rude or serious.

And I think the bigger question isn't who is leaving mean feedback, but who the heck is whining so much that the head monkey has to get involved?!?

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
Opeth said:
How about getting rid of the reputation points?
i don't search every thread here like it seems like some do.
but has anyone ever pointed out any positive use for it. or why it was created in the first place ?
it comes across as a game played by the "popular kids".

if i say something that offends or annoys, or informs or makes someone spew coffee on their keypad. the ability to respond to that comment publicly should be all that is needed.
but behind the back comments and regulars applying points....?

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
dhbuilder said:
but has anyone ever pointed out any positive use for it. or why it was created in the first place ?

if i say something that offends or annoys, or informs or makes someone spew coffee on their keypad. the ability to respond to that comment publicly should be all that is needed.
:stupid:

I was happy to leave high school for a reason. Why do we have to pass notes (albeit annoymous ones at that) behind other people's backs? If it's not something you want to say in the open, that's what a PM is for. And if it's not something you'd sign your name to in a PM, then you shouldn't be saying it.

J

JRB

dhbuilder said:

I can't approve of you right now.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
All the rep points do is allow some people to feel better about themselves for no reason or because of who they are friends with. I don't need some silly dots to make myself feel better. I do just fine and could give a sh!t what people think of me on this site.

I've met some good people on this site over the last 5 years. I see a number of them on other forums as well. For me this site serves merely as way to pass the time at work when it's slow. I'd much rather associate with someone on a ride or over a beer.

So if you feel the need, flame on. My 'real' reputation will not be hurt. :devil:

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
dhbuilder said:
has anyone ever pointed out any positive use for it.
It's suppose to encourage good behavior. (I've seen it work its power in a couple cases...)

If you don't care about it, don't post about it.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Westy said:

:stupid:

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
peter6061 said:
All the rep points do is allow some people to feel better about themselves for no reason or because of who they are friends with. I don't need some silly dots to make myself feel better. I do just fine and could give a sh!t what people think of me on this site.

I've met some good people on this site over the last 5 years. I see a number of them on other forums as well. For me this site serves merely as way to pass the time at work when it's slow. I'd much rather associate with someone on a ride or over a beer.

So if you feel the need, flame on. My 'real' reputation will not be hurt. :devil:
I approved just because you wanted me not to :D

By the way, this thread was not created as a debate about reputation points. It is a notice that reputation comments fall under the same content rules as the rest of the site.

J

JRB

Ridemonkey said:
Guys...just take my word for it. The purpose of the rep system will reveal itself when it's ready.
I'm getting antsy. Please hurry. I will also point out that all of that green you have is just people sucking up. ;)

J

JRB

stinkyboy said:
Whatever. It's sad, but he gave it to himself.

:rofl:
I would spread some love to him, if I were you.

*I got the money yesterday. Thanks a ton man. I'll check the tracking on the derailleur today. I hope you have it by Friday.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
stinkyboy said:
It's suppose to encourage good behavior. (I've seen it work its power in a couple cases...)

If you don't care about it, don't post about it.
striking the nerve of mr. anonimty.