Quantcast

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
For summer it's bloody cold tonight so I'm taste testing 3 beers to compare them
Tuatara "Porter"
Townsend Brewery "Old house ESB" A nice rich English special bitter
Emersons "Old 95" another malty English bitter, will have this last as it will easily be the richest and heaviest flavour.

Having the old house now.... giving this an 8/10, new brewery I haven't come across before very tasty I'll have to go back and try their other beers if this is the level of quality they aim for. :)

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Tyranena's Spank Me Baby With Wood at the brewery. Barleywine aged in oak bourbon barrels... Even the brewery isn't sure when this was brewed, only that the last time they did the barleywine was in '06. Was insane. Absolutely insane. The bourbon took over a bit, and was hard to even finish the 12oz glass they gave me (only $5!!), but damn that was good. Sweet, syrupy boozy goodness. That is the best part of Tyranena, is that they do a lot of trial-and-error things that you can only get in their taproom.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Bell's two hearted ale.

dante-all the damn snow melted trails are f'd....anyways....hopslam is good. tried it the other night & liked it lots.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Bell's two hearted ale.

dante-all the damn snow melted trails are f'd....anyways....hopslam is good. tried it the other night & liked it lots.
Weather forecast for the next two weeks is bitter cold, no snow. Good for ice skating, not skiing... Definitely keep me in the loop, though, as there's the Tyranena brewery/taproom (good selection of one-offs, and on the way back to Milwaukee) along with Ale Asylum brewery/taproom here in Madison, as well as someplace like The Old Fashioned that has ~150 'sconi beers available.

Currently drinking a New Glarus Cabin Fever Bock. It's good, but it misses the mark as a seasonal. It's a Honey Helles Bock, so it's a bit paler and more of a spring-time beer. For a winter Seasonal I want dark, syrupy, boozy goodness, dammit!

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
just picked up a 22 of stone's double bastard ale. it's been a while since i've drank such a complex/tasty beer.