Quantcast

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
I'm trying New Belgium's Ranger IPA. Interesting! Very hoppy but not bitter. When your homebrew hits the hotbreak and dump in that first batch of hops...that's what this beer tastes like.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Not actually drinking it now, but the Shipyard Imperial Porter was damn good. Highly recommended.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Last night, Brooklyn Black Ops. Wow. It really comes on strong, huge bourbon smell when you pour it, etc. Very complex flavor, the bourbon is there, but not overwhelming. EXCELLENT.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Last night, Brooklyn Black Ops. Wow. It really comes on strong, huge bourbon smell when you pour it, etc. Very complex flavor, the bourbon is there, but not overwhelming. EXCELLENT.
Glad you enjoyed it :cheers:

one thing about it that really stuck out to me (aside from the bourbon flavor) is that I could really taste some lightness from being refermented with champagne yeast

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Glad you enjoyed it :cheers:

one thing about it that really stuck out to me (aside from the bourbon flavor) is that I could really taste some lightness from being refermented with champagne yeast
Yeah, I noticed some of that too. Despite being such a "big" beer, it's surprisingly easy to drink. Some of the other really top notch stouts I've had (The Abyss in particular comes to mind) are delicious, but start to feel overwhelming and a little hard to get down by the time you're getting to the end of a bomber. I didn't really get that at all with the Black Ops. It was phenomenal. Thanks a ton man.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Drinking a newcastle now then off to the German bierhaus for some tasty German brews on tap to wash away the worst day ever.