Quantcast

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Earlier: Avery Samaels. It's.... interesting. Better review to follow when I'm less plastered.

Currently: Stone SSR.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
now...home made amber lager. really good. kinda funky aroma but the taste is just what I was shooting for.

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
Well since Hab brought this thread back to life I was @ a local brewery earlier today drinking a couple of honey browns which was :thumbsdown: and now im drinking Sam Adams noble pils :thumb:.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Well since Hab brought this thread back to life I was @ a local brewery earlier today drinking a couple of honey browns which was :thumbsdown: and now im drinking Sam Adams noble pils :thumb:.
Which brewery?

You riding this weekend? Haven't seen you in a while.

Currently drinking a Lagunitas Olde Gnarlywine. It is pretty fvcking tasty.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Now: Howe Sound Pothole Filler. Very, very tasty. Thanks SS.

Also, at 1L and 9% ABV it is making me substantially less sober than I was previously.

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
Which brewery?

You riding this weekend? Haven't seen you in a while.

Currently drinking a Lagunitas Olde Gnarlywine. It is pretty fvcking tasty.
What'up Hab ! Yeah it's been awhile and I'm just riding road this weekend . I've only ridden the dh bike once since my latest injury but we have to get together soon for a ride . I'm drinking the coors light of Washington tonight alasken amber .

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Now: Howe Sound Pothole Filler. Very, very tasty. Thanks SS.

Also, at 1L and 9% ABV it is making me substantially less sober than I was previously.
Wow...seriously...that Alesmith Speedway Stout was epic (Thank you!!!!!). Shared it with a buddy that also loves stouts. He brought a couple Double Jacks. Fun was had. That stout though was just epic. Just freakin' epic.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
So, while watching the most desperate, ugly, record-breakingly fubar'd basketball game evar...

The wife and I enjoyed (which is big...cause she dislikes most beers I like):

Alesmith Horny Devil - Great Belgian. Just great.

And now in the second half:

Alesmith Old Numbskull - Interesting barleywine. It is very good and has a perfectly unique flavor profile.

Thanks to HAB for both of these treasures.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Alesmith Horny Devil - Great Belgian. Just great.

And now in the second half:

Alesmith Old Numbskull - Interesting barleywine. It is very good and has a perfectly unique flavor profile.

Thanks to HAB for both of these treasures.
Awesome, glad you liked 'em. Wait until you try the Speedway, it's my favorite of the bunch. But they're all good, I even like Horny Devil a lot, and I'm not a big Belgian fan.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Awesome, glad you liked 'em. Wait until you try the Speedway, it's my favorite of the bunch. But they're all good, I even like Horny Devil a lot, and I'm not a big Belgian fan.
*cough*

Heh...That was the first to disappear. Once I get a job, I just may employ more subversive techniques to acquire more of the speedway. And the much sought after oak aged one...

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
*cough*

Heh...That was the first to disappear. Once I get a job, I just may employ more subversive techniques to acquire more of the speedway. And the much sought after oak aged one...
Heh. Don't know how I missed that. But yeah, that stuff rules. A lot. I'm lucky to have a place that stocks it (and Horny Devil and Old Numbskull) just down the street. Too bad they're farking expensive.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Heh. Don't know how I missed that. But yeah, that stuff rules. A lot. I'm lucky to have a place that stocks it (and Horny Devil and Old Numbskull) just down the street. Too bad they're farking expensive.
Yep. I feel your pain. The place where I found the NC Barrel Aged Old Stock also has quite a sampling of Russian River's finest sours (among other delicacies)...for a price. And the other bottle shop in close proximity is pricey as well.....ugh. Beer geeks untie :-))) and fuel this low cost rebellion!!!! (or something...)

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Yep. I feel your pain. The place where I found the NC Barrel Aged Old Stock also has quite a sampling of Russian River's finest sours (among other delicacies)...for a price. And the other bottle shop in close proximity is pricey as well.....ugh. Beer geeks untie :-))) and fuel this low cost rebellion!!!! (or something...)
Drinking the Diamond Knot Industrial IPA now. Awfully tasty. Thanks.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Had a nice whiskey sour with Jeremiah Weed (lots of lemons from our trees) and now just having some straight Wild Turkey Rye. Good times on a Tuesday!

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Ho-made pale ale. SO.DAMM.GOOD.

making a starter and scheming up a new beer right now. brew day tamara!

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
GI Bourbon County Stout 2009.

Picked it up ~18mo ago to celebrate when I scored a new job. Now that I'm actually selling Stray Cat Bikes I guess it finally counts as a "job". :cheers:

And yes, it was amazing.
Heh. I've only had it once, but I was unimpressed. And it's not that I don't like the style. Brooklyn Black Ops might be my favorite beer ever. Maybe.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Heh. I've only had it once, but I was unimpressed. And it's not that I don't like the style. Brooklyn Black Ops might be my favorite beer ever. Maybe.
I thought it was good, although it did have a year and a half to age. I'm really waiting on the 2009 Central Waters Bourbon Barrel Stout that I've got in the basement to get a couple more years on it though...

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I thought it was good, although it did have a year and a half to age. I'm really waiting on the 2009 Central Waters Bourbon Barrel Stout that I've got in the basement to get a couple more years on it though...
To each his own. I was not a fan though. Admittedly it was after a 20+ mile trail ride in 95 degree heat so I was exhausted and dehydrated. Palate was fvcked.

Now: Eagle Rare 17 year. Neat.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
HAB: where do you buy beer around here? Just curious where the variety comes from, even though I haven't been drinking beer much these days.

Just spent the last bit of the day starting up some presents for my groomsmen for when I get married in June: a batch of limoncello and another batch of kumquat/spice infused booze. Used a mix of vodka and Everclear 151. Should be ready in a few weeks. Hope they turn out okay, otherwise it's a pretty expensive mistake. At least I have two lemon trees and a kumquat tree in the yard (made a few gallons of lemonade for my fiancee's friend's baby shower today too).

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Main place is Liquorama. BevMo in Rancho is good for some more variety. Sam's Liquor doesn't have much selection at all but happens to have Stone 22s cheap. Pacific Wine Merchants doesn't have a huge selection either but most of what they do have is pretty interesting.