Quantcast

RIP twitter thread

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
he apparently has tesla coders working on twitter, despite twitter using an entirely different coding language.

:popcorn:
Classic #goodmanager move. Pull in extraneous, unnecessary resources to show you are "on it", all to meet an arbitrary, self-imposed deadline.

Chill, bro. It's a social media company.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Hopefully his $44B purchase will soon be worth the same as MySpace and all those he borrowed money from will come calling.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
So now that Musk is focused on destroying everyone’s favorite app does this mean that the place holder for the grill on Teslas will be never get addressed ? Just a huge, glaring, blank spot that was left completely ignored in the design process. Sitting there dead center in the front of the car taunting you with it’s undeniable blandness. Yuck

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Sad thought of the day.
Elon's making Rupert Murdoch happy.
His Myspace stupidity will be forgotten in the face of Elon's twitter stupidity.
I don't like the idea of someone as vile as Rupert Murdoch being happy about anything.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
he apparently has tesla coders working on twitter, despite twitter using an entirely different coding language.

As bad as this sounds to non-developers, I don't think this matters much or at all. I think that this is actually a brilliant move on Musk's side, as evil as it is.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
As bad as this sounds to non-developers, I don't think this matters much or at all. I think that this is actually a brilliant move on Musk's side, as evil as it is.
technical skills aside, the other implication here is that it could run afoul of employment/labor laws. just because Leon smuk is ceo of both companies doesn't mean the employees can be swapped interchangeably

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
technical skills aside, the other implication here is that it could run afoul of employment/labor laws. just because Leon smuk is ceo of both companies doesn't mean the employees can be swapped interchangeably
I doubt the Tesla engineers are Twitter "employees". They are likely contractors hired by Twitter, it is the most common practice for scaling out teams in software companies or IT teams.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Remaining employees, with a little organization, could cripple the platform. It would only take a few days to put his investment in serious peril, which puts his entire global douchebag overlord thing in serious peril.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Remaining employees, with a little organization, could cripple the platform. It would only take a few days to put his investment in serious peril, which puts his entire global douchebag overlord thing in serious peril.

you say that like it's not already in serious peril. don't forget he's under investigation by the SEC, again