Quantcast

Ron Paul: Traitor to his country

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
The sooner we all realize that we are all racist, classist, bikeist, politicalist, and every other thing you can add an ist to. I love reading this forum, have learned a ton, have opened my mind to alot of different views, but when we have this continuing racist conversation, it gets tiring. Especially people that rightfully try to defeat racism, all while throwing stereotypical insults and slurs at a demographic, group or affiliation. Yeah, ghetto has it's context, just like republitard, mouth breather, mogoloid, tea-tard, etc, etc, etc.

When you guys have such good and well founded intelligent arguments to make, you sling yourself down to the level of the people you despise when you resort to the same name calling, insulting tactics that they use, which makes you no better.

Done. Please resume kidwoo and ?????

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
The sooner we all realize that we are all racist, classist, bikeist, politicalist, and every other thing you can add an ist to. I love reading this forum, have learned a ton, have opened my mind to alot of different views, but when we have this continuing racist conversation, it gets tiring. Especially people that rightfully try to defeat racism, all while throwing stereotypical insults and slurs at a demographic, group or affiliation. Yeah, ghetto has it's context, just like republitard, mouth breather, mogoloid, tea-tard, etc, etc, etc.

When you guys have such good and well founded intelligent arguments to make, you sling yourself down to the level of the people you despise when you resort to the same name calling, insulting tactics that they use, which makes you no better.

Done. Please resume kidwoo and ?????
None of us are running for president. And none of us put out a publication FOR YEARS that should disqualify us.

Only some of us are silly enough to support someone who did however...... You can't be a good president when it's pretty obvious you think a significant part of the population, based namely on race, is second class.

That's the difference.

limitedslip

Monkey
Jul 11, 2007
Kidwoo,

Re: DOE: It's 2012, the world has changed vastly in just the last ten years, and we are still using a public education model designed with 19th century ideals to create factory drones. We're trapping kids into an 18 year education system that teaches almost nothing about how to work and live in the real world, and intentionally destroys their creativity and independence. The department of education has a big hand in that, preventing any real change on a local level by mandating everything through federal bureaucracy. Most of my teacher friends can hardly stand it, especially "no child left behind."

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Kidwoo,

Re: DOE: It's 2012, the world has changed vastly in just the last ten years, and we are still using a public education model designed with 19th century ideals to create factory drones. We're trapping kids into an 18 year education system that teaches almost nothing about how to work and live in the real world, and intentionally destroys their creativity and independence. The department of education has a big hand in that, preventing any real change on a local level by mandating everything through federal bureaucracy. Most of my teacher friends can hardly stand it, especially "no child left behind."
Nice newsletter.

So drop 'no child', not the agency that sets national standards for what qualifies as a math, history, engineering or ANYTHING ELSE education. I'm not talking about tests, I'm talking about the difference between calculus and what goes on at Bob Jones University.

Do you have a college degree? If so, in what?

That degree has merit because it's probably from an accredited school. You want some dope educated by his crazy shut in mother telling you the degree he has is the same as yours? Hey it's a degree! It's an education! What's the difference?

I mean think about what you just said. You REALLY want to squelch creativity? Throw the job of education to home schooling and charter schools.

Last edited:

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
But then again, when post like ?????'s pop up, makes it a hard fight. But, here goes...I was born in Georgia, have lived many places, Pennsylvania has more racist rednecks than Georgia. Trust me.
Speaking of Pennsylvania, I'm watching the Winter Classic NHL game today (Rangers vs Philly) and the fans were booing the Canadian national anthem, then proceeded with USA! USA! chants when they got ready to sing the Star Spangled Banner.

Stay classy, rednecks...

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Speaking of Pennsylvania, I'm watching the Winter Classic NHL game today (Rangers vs Philly) and the fans were booing the Canadian national anthem, then proceeded with USA! USA! chants when they got ready to sing the Star Spangled Banner.

Stay classy, rednecks...
Ah, they could have just as easily been booing Rangers players.

No harm, no foul. It's Philly.

I can't stand the anthems. What a waste of fvcking time. I want to see a sporting event, not jerk off for 3 minutes about my country while a generally bad singer butchers a bad song.

agenthamsta

Chimp
Apr 25, 2011
Nevada

Stay classy, rednecks...
The fans in Philadelphia are well known for their lack of class. Just ask the guys that leave Phillie's games with black eyes just for saying the opposing teams names. I have several friends from Jersey who are torn between Philly and NY teams and more times than none the trouble starts on the Philly side.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Kidwoo,

Looks like someone's been watching this

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Looks like someone's been watching this

It's obviously regurgitated from somewhere.

The funny thing is just how completely untrue the idea "18 years of useless education" is. I use the math I learned in high school on a daily basis. The reading habits I developed during grade school ensure that I never spell like mooshoo. The chemistry and physics I got.......again.......daily basis. The material from college even more. And god knows some standards on history need to be kept. The dept of education provides standards that were lacking before its creation. It ensures that chemistry in New York is the same chemistry in Oregon. Like you really want to trust whatever standards Kansas and Texas come up with these days in relation to biolgy and history.

It's absurd.

limitedslip

Monkey
Jul 11, 2007
Nice newsletter.

So drop 'no child', not the agency that sets national standards for what qualifies as a math, history, engineering or ANYTHING ELSE education. I'm not talking about tests, I'm talking about the difference between calculus and what goes on at Bob Jones University.

Do you have a college degree? If so, in what?

That degree has merit because it's probably from an accredited school. You want some dope educated by his crazy shut in mother telling you the degree he has is the same as yours? Hey it's a degree! It's an education! What's the difference?

I mean think about what you just said. You REALLY want to squelch creativity? Throw the job of education to home schooling and charter schools.
I have a degree in statistics. Your thinking is backwards here. The degree doesn't have merit because it's from an accredited school, the school is accredited because the degree has merit. You think some employer is going to say to some yokel, "I see you went to Mom's Basement Polytech, which is accredited by the First Baptist Church of Kentucky, and you're willing to work for pig feed. You're hired!"

I'm not saying that the accreditation process doesn't have value: it certainly was important in the past. But today we have all sorts of resources to decide where to get a degree, and for employers to evaluate their merits. There are books and guides dedicated to that sort of thing, and of course now we have the internet to get even more accurate information about schools.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Correct me if I'm wrong but you're basically saying that rather than ensure that by far the vast majority of college degrees™ have an easy system of practices and standards that allow for straightforward interpretation, we open up the very term 'degree' so broadly that every single employer must familiarize themselves with not only with the institutions but specifically that institution's 'theory' on what each subject is.

Really. That sounds like a great idea. Forunately we've already been through that in our history and learned how completely archaic it is. Not to mention the fact that it opens up the very real scenario of extremely limited availablity demographically, financially, and geographically for people to get into schools. WE'VE ALREADY HAD A SYSTEM LIKE THIS. It sucked. And like most purist 'free market' ideas, provided for a much weaker society overall.

Phoenix University for all!

Last edited:

thanza

Chimp
Aug 20, 2009
Tally Nasty, Fl
The governments foreign policies sort of did lead to 9/11. If you actually did some research, you would see the controlling of their government and natural resources has lead to an uprising of the middle eastern people. I'm saying I think it was justifiable, but it did lead to what happen. Ron Paul does some have rather radical views, but that's what needed for the government.

thanza

Chimp
Aug 20, 2009
Tally Nasty, Fl
Apparently, what has been going on isn't working. The policies are outdated and our government is as well outdated. we have laws still in act that are from the time when religion was pushed upon the country. Our education system is totally out of whack, the justice system is nothing more than a money maker, and our value/moral system is completely and utterly gone down the ****ter.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Apparently, what has been going on isn't working. The policies are outdated and our government is as well outdated. we have laws still in act that are from the time when religion was pushed upon the country. Our education system is totally out of whack, the justice system is nothing more than a money maker, and our value/moral system is completely and utterly gone down the ****ter.
Wait, you think that's a problem and you think Ron Paul is the solution. Crazy Christian fundamentalist Ron Paul?

Oh, Florida. Never mind...

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I don't disagree that things could certainly be better but most of what RP has in mind would do the exact opposite of improvement.

You REALLY want to see moral decay? Let the real free market have its way with society. It's not like the world is lacking examples.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
Ron Paul has a few decent ideas (slashing size of the military, getting out of foreign entanglements, increase civil liberties at home) that hide a myriad of really, really, really bad ones (I'm looking at you, "End the FDA" along with your half-brother "End the Fed"). The problem is that anyone that has a positive view on Paul is only looking at a small number of his positions and white-washing everything else.

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
I have a friend whose all up on RP's dick and can't seem to do anything but what Dante just posted. End the epa, fed, DOE? I hope you like market crashes every 8 years, breathing toxic air and drinking toxic water and having your kinds taught science fiction by a religious zealot.

My little sister was being taught religion masked behind american history in a small rural ohio town. Her teacher told her things like "gay will burn in hell." Yes a ****ing teacher making anti-Semitic remarks and teaching kids that gay people go to some mythical place full of fire. My parents immediately pulled her from that school.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
I have a friend whose all up on RP's dick and can't seem to do anything but what Dante just posted. End the epa, fed, DOE? I hope you like market crashes every 8 years, breathing toxic air and drinking toxic water and having your kinds taught science fiction by a religious zealot.

My little sister was being taught religion masked behind american history in a small rural ohio town. Her teacher told her things like "gay will burn in hell." Yes a ****ing teacher making anti-Semitic remarks and teaching kids that gay people go to some mythical place full of fire. My parents immediately pulled her from that school.
Paging ohio to the white courtesy phone.

One of his childhood teachers made national news, IIRC...

limitedslip

Monkey
Jul 11, 2007
Correct me if I'm wrong but you're basically saying that rather than ensure that by far the vast majority of college degrees™ have an easy system of practices and standards that allow for straightforward interpretation, we open up the very term 'degree' so broadly that every single employer must familiarize themselves with not only with the institutions but specifically that institution's 'theory' on what each subject is.

Really. That sounds like a great idea. Forunately we've already been through that in our history and learned how completely archaic it is. Not to mention the fact that it opens up the very real scenario of extremely limited availablity demographically, financially, and geographically for people to get into schools. WE'VE ALREADY HAD A SYSTEM LIKE THIS. It sucked. And like most purist 'free market' ideas, provided for a much weaker society overall.

Phoenix University for all!
Every employer is already familiar with those things. An engineering firm in Palo Alto will be familiar with every engineering department in California. And if they aren't familiar with some smaller school, they can spend 5 minutes googling and find out all about it. They won't bother checking if it's accredited, because they need more information than that anyway to make a hiring decision.

Can you explain why your second paragraph would result? Are you saying that schools would have lower enrollment, or that the schools would disappear?

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I figured that would be your answer but what about engineering firms hiring for non engineering jobs? And certainly not just from the local pool? My science and engineering backgrounds span two different state schools on the other side of the country from where I live. What we have now at least guarentees that basic calculus from virginia will be comparable to what's in california. And from every state or private school in between. And it ensures from an employer standpoint AND a college applicant stanpoint that people know what they're getting into. Drop that and everyone has to prove themselves again, or constantly stay on top of public opinions about their own programs. Beleive it or not, standardization really does make things simpler.

Again......moving away from that sets up the scenario that we've already been through where the best become even more elite and harder to access, and the 'pretty good' falls by the wayside into obscurity as resources become more focused. Why do you think every state has some sort of public higher education system? The state university systems were setup to deal with exactly that......provide a standardized education to everyone who couldn't afford Harvard. Ditch the DOE, and watch what happens there. And that's just college. It says nothing about grade school standards which are an even bigger mess. I'm not kidding.....science fact like evolution wouldn not exist in Kansas. That's pathetic.

You're really not bringing up any great revelations here. But you are making a case for the failing past.

Last edited:

limitedslip

Monkey
Jul 11, 2007
I agree with you about the failing past. The internet has changed a lot of that however, and it will continue to. Information asymmetry is at an all time low, and keeps getting lower, meaning that businesses and shady universities have a much harder time ripping people off or just misrepresenting themselves. Auto sales is a good example of that: what was once a pretty sleazy industry has become a lot tamer, since most customers are much more informed.

It certainly does suck that in backward places they'll teach creationism and things like that. The flip side of that however, is that we will never be forced to teach creationism (or just stop teaching evolution) in California/elsewhere by a federal bureaucracy. If you look at some of these republican candidates, things like that are a real threat. And that's just this election, who knows what kind of nuts we'll have getting elected in the coming decades.

I should also add that the internet helps enlighten kids trapped in Kansas as well.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
That's all well and good until RP lets comcast control what's on the internet in the name of free market principles. The Citizen's United decision is bad enough. How long under RP's model until industry controls higher education even more than they do now (think medical grants here).

Seriously though, that's your answer to guarenteeing that an entire segment of the country maintains access to education? The internet? What about when state's rights become such a halmark that Kansas and the companies based there begin to limit what's available in that state?

I'll even take the easy swing here and point out that shltty for profit non accredited 'on-line yooniversitees' didn't exist before......wait for it.......the internet.

I mean really, you're talking about allowing a huge part of the population to spiral into academic oblivion when we already have a system in place that prevents it. Right now, even an alabama civil engineering degree prepares you for the PE and work in the field, just like one from MIT. The department of education does a lot to ensure that, both financially and by academic standards. That's a good thing. And your answer is the 'the internet'. The place where even now you can find seemingly credible sources claiming that water vapor consensing off of jet engines at elevation is actually government mind control chemical sprays. You know where you really find out that kind of thing is bullshlt? In school. A school that's held to real life standards, not public opinion on the internet.

Last edited:

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
Ron Paul's secret plan to actually win.

It's pretty interesting discussing the caucuses and their arcane rules, and the 10 states mentioned (all of the caucus states excluding Iowa, Hawaii and Alaska) control ~20% of the delegates (419).

In addition, there are ~700 delegates awarded on a proportional basis, which Paul may pick up some at. After that it's winner-take-all, which could effectively end any type of Paul run (CA and NY total 267, and if you add in TX and PA you're looking at another 227, so just those 4 states have a winner-take-all 494). So if Paul does reasonably well in the Caucus states apart from Iowa (let's say 3/4 of the delegates, or ~300), and is able to win say 1/3 of the proportional delegates (say ~250) he could get himself 550 delegates.

Granted, if Romney cleans house with win after win after win it'll all be for naught, but what if the evangelical and "not-Romney" vote coalesce around say.... Santorum. It could end up being something like Romney - ~900-1000, Santorum ~700-800, and Paul with 550. Suddenly Ron Paul is king-maker and gets to decide who wins at the convention, or who's willing to give him the most power after the election.

Isn't that a scary thought.

the desmondo

Monkey
Mar 7, 2007
Ron Paul has a few decent ideas (slashing size of the military, getting out of foreign entanglements, increase civil liberties at home) that hide a myriad of really, really, really bad ones (I'm looking at you, "End the FDA" along with your half-brother "End the Fed"). The problem is that anyone that has a positive view on Paul is only looking at a small number of his positions and white-washing everything else.
Yeah, hopefully civil liberties are increased..:think: it's not like citizens have many left anyways. White washing everything else?...Why is Ending the Fed such a bad idea? It is unconstitutional...?

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
"What if Obama has no intention of leaving Iraq..."

*chuckle*

Sorry, Ron Paul, you were saying? And aside from the "Afghanistan War = Vietnam" aspect, it sounded just like a Democratic vision of American foreign policy.

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
I mean really, you're talking about allowing a huge part of the population to spiral into academic oblivion when we already have a system in place that prevents it. Right now, even an alabama civil engineering degree prepares you for the PE and work in the field, just like one from MIT. The department of education does a lot to ensure that, both financially and by academic standards.
You're assuming that a school in Alabama wouldn't provide you with one of the best educations you can get all on it's own. According to the latest dean's survey, Auburn's school of architecture is the most admired programs in the country. Many of my professors got their master's degree from Harvard, Yale, Cornell, IIT or similar schools in other countries. My school isn't consistantly ranked at the top because the US government has to keep an eye on Alabama's quality of education. My school ranks well because the teachers are innovative and care about the students educational experience.

If I'm not mistaken, the exams that an architect, doctor, lawyer, engineer are required to pass are not paid for by the department of education. Those tests regulate what the respective colleges are going to teach you without binding you to some out of date curriculum.

Last edited: