Quantcast

**** Secret Santa Contest ****

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Welcome to what I hope to be the first annual Ridemonkey Secret Santa!!

Ok for thoes of you who don't know what a secret santa contest is or how it works on the internet this is what it is and how it works.

Ok the basic idea of a secret santa is a gift exchange where the Santa knows who they are giving to (their Elf) but the Elf doesn't know who's giving to them till they get the gift. Each Elf will also be a Santa to somebody different than the person giving to them.

Ok with that said here are the rules!!

Rules:

<>The last day to sign up is November 20th.
<>You will recieve your Elf (person you are buying the gift for) and their information by November 25th.
<>They member MUST recieve their gift on or before the evening of December 20th. Failure to complete this will result in a 1 month ban. (YES this has been cleared thru Ridemonkey himself)
<>If you back out at the last minute, you will be banned. DO NOT enter if you CAN NOT keep your word.
<>Seriously people, this is the first year we're gonna do it we don't want it to be the last.
<>The gift should be at LEAST $25. Don't spend $100 expecting to get $100's worth of gifts. You decide how much money you are willing to spend. I would say try not to spend over $50 unless your Loco stalking DH Girlie.
<> Also you must have atleast 250 posts to be eligible.

IF YOU AGREE TO PARTICIPATE IN SECRET SANTA, PLEASE EMAIL ME THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:

First & Last Name:
Username:
Address:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Number you can be reached at:
What you would like to recieve from your Secret Santa:

Email ALL of this information to rmsecretsanta@gmail.com

You can also reach me on AIM at szamonsky

*I WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY PLEA TO BE PAIRED WITH A CERTAIN RMer. NO EXCEPTIONS.*

*MAKE SURE YOU KEEP YOUR TRACKING INFORMATION. WE DON'T WANT ANY SCREW-UPS.*

______ Any questions post in this thread. Also all the people with jokes and non-secret santa related posts will be deleted___________

** Please read the terms and conditions at the bottom of this page and comply with all local, state and federal laws. Please do not send anything that is illegal. Void where prohibited. By participating in Secret Santa you release Ridemonkey.com from any claims of any kind whatsoever. Participate at your own risk.**

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
I sent you my email. This should be cool as long as a lot of people do it. What are you goibng to do about international people though? Are you going to try and match people up in the same country or completely random?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
mtnbkr4235 said:
I sent you my email. This should be cool as long as a lot of people do it. What are you goibng to do about international people though? Are you going to try and match people up in the same country or completely random?
Thats is pretty hard to do... I guess I'm just gonna kinda work that out as it comes. Candians I probably will since we have a lot of them. Otherwise... the santa may just have to figure the shipping into the gift more so than domestic ones would.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Also if you don't mind since a lot of you guys and girls will be asking for bike parts we'll assumed used is fine as well.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Ridemonkey said:
I'm in. My gift better be totally sweet. I'll email you later today.
Well the person who gets you I'm sure well take it as a great responsibility.....

On that note....

Send something creative, or make the packaging creative, something relating to RM or maybe not. Use your imagination, be different. Take pictures and send them to rmsecretsanta@gmail.com before you send your gift. I will put all those up in a poll after all this is over, and have RM vote. It will probably be after Christmas but I'll get the person with the highest vote an extra little something.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
What if we have 900+ on a different forum, but have figured out that the forum is for children and that RM is alot cooler? I work at a shop so i could get a badass gift.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I'm not sure about the "what you would like to receive" part. You tell your Santa what to get you? Or is it just some general guidelines?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride

No, do not tell santa exactly what you want..... santa should figure it out for himself/herself (check out where your Elf posts: DH vs road vs XC), read those posts and any in the lounge, you'll have almost 3 weeks do some research !!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Sherpa said:
What if we have 900+ on a different forum, but have figured out that the forum is for children and that RM is alot cooler? I work at a shop so i could get a badass gift.
Send me a PM explaining your situation in an adult manner.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Ridemonkey said:
I'm not sure about the "what you would like to receive" part. You tell your Santa what to get you? Or is it just some general guidelines?
General guidelines are fine. Some people asked for certain bike parts which is fine, doesn't mean you're gonna get it.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
douglas said:

No, do not tell santa exactly what you want..... santa should figure it out for himself/herself (check out where your Elf posts: DH vs road vs XC), read those posts and any in the lounge, you'll have almost 3 weeks do some research !!
Yeah I like that.

KleinMp99

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
United States
What about people that say "aww what the hell, a one month ban aint that much....and I get a gift of over $25" > > > ??????

I say ban for something more like 6 months! Really stick it to the bad guys...

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
KleinMp99 said:
What about people that say "aww what the hell, a one month ban aint that much....and I get a gift of over $25" > > > ??????

I say ban for something more like 6 months! Really stick it to the bad guys...
something tells me this is not something we have to worry about

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
The list is adding up, got a bunch of e-mails last night and today!!!! Keep em' comming!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I'm missing your joke but I'm also missing your e-mail signing you up for Secret Santa biatch!!! :)

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
I'm in, I'll send details tonight, I'd hate to waste company time.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I think the real fun of this contest will be who draws MEGAN BLACK name.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
stosh said:
I think the real fun of this contest will be who draws MEGAN BLACK name.
Someone could always buy her a thong and embroider it to say "Go big or go home" lol. :p

Also, when do you think you will be drawing the names? (I'm too lazy to look at the first post and just had to make this seem slightly on topic)

Megan Black

I rocked whistler in a mini skirt and f$@* me boot
Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
mtnbkr4235 said:
Someone could always buy her a thong and embroider it to say "Go big or go home" lol. :p
i already got one like that! :D ahahaha!!

actually, i'm hoping whoever gets me will send me a hoody!! (seriously!)

heya stosh, how many people have signed up for this so far?

J

JRB

Megan Black said:

You planning on Stoney or Pressley???

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Megan Black said:

15 I think.