**** Secret Santa Contest ****

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Ridemonkey said:
The punishment inflicted on your Santa might be sweeter than a gift
:mumble:
Well I'm sure they knew the concequences, and have planned accordingly. Ah well, at least I know my Jackalope secret santa won't diss me.

J

JRB

Echo said:
Well I'm sure they knew the concequences, and have planned accordingly. Ah well, at least I know my Jackalope secret santa won't diss me.
Sorry dude - will they be posting who the offender is??? That kind of sucks. It sucks more knowing that they got gifts and you didn't. Is it certain that they did not come through? :(

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco said:
Sorry dude - will they be posting who the offender is??? That kind of sucks. It sucks more knowing that they got gifts and you didn't. Is it certain that they did not come through? :(
Thoes details are being worked out. Can we drop it for now on here though?

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Ciaran said:
Got the 2nd half of my gift from my Secret Santa! Some seriously high tech socks which are way cool, and a neat-o sram chain. Sweet! Thank you Secret Santa DRB! :thumb:
Those socks are kick a$$ and figured a mountain biker can always use a new chain. Glad you liked your stuff.

Ciaran said:
Kudos and thank you's to Stosh for organizing (And Stosh's GF too!) and to everyone who participated. Thanks to RM for approving the venture, and having the Monkey up and running to begin with. I am still new around here and this really let me get to know some monkeys better and made me feel welcome around here. Excellent!

Merry Christmas everybody!
DITTO.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Yay! I got my SS gift today! I think. I got a package with a really well designed pair of Specialized gloves. They have some padding in the outside area but none in the rest of the hand which is perfect. Normally I don't get the chance to see the Specialized stuff but these are definitely cool. I don't know who sent them though. :think:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
TreeSaw said:
So, do you have a guess or two? :devil: I am really glad I didn't write my explinations of where I got the ideas for them on your card.

dang....even with shaking them I'm clueless

the smaller one sounds like liquid in a tin container, maybe a minature flask?? or some rat poison??

KleinMp99

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
United States
Echo said:
Yay! I got my SS gift today! I think. I got a package with a really well designed pair of Specialized gloves. They have some padding in the outside area but none in the rest of the hand which is perfect. Normally I don't get the chance to see the Specialized stuff but these are definitely cool. I don't know who sent them though. :think:

Their from me :thumb: I forgot to put who they were from in the box. Hope they fit, and I hope you like them!

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
KleinMp99 said:
Their from me :thumb: I forgot to put who they were from in the box. Hope they fit, and I hope you like them!
I wore them last night on the trainer, the small padded area really works well. They are a little big, but I have a tendency to fry things in the dryer so I think they will be perfect :thumb:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Echo said:
I wore them last night on the trainer, the small padded area really works well. They are a little big, but I have a tendency to fry things in the dryer so I think they will be perfect :thumb:

Post pics!!

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
stosh said:
Post a pics!!
I'll try! I had a problem with my wireless router so I can't get on the net with my laptop right now... and that's what my camera hooks up to. But I should be able to work something out.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Echo said:
I'll try! I had a problem with my wireless router so I can't get on the net with my laptop right now... and that's what my camera hooks up to. But I should be able to work something out.
I was hoping more people would post pics.

KleinMp99

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
United States
Echo said:

Darn, their stuff always runs small and I saw your post about being a big dude so I just grabbed the xxl's :D

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
When Stosh told me up front that we needed a punishment like banning in case someone flaked on this, I thought "nobody would flake would they?" Now it seems this may be the case. Pretty unfortunate.

For those few that are late, if Stosh doesn't get a tracking number by tomorrow morn we are going to have to consider the banning option clearly stated as a consequence of not taking this seriously.

This gives Scrooge a new meaning...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Just a few Props!

The first award for LATEST PACKAGE goes out to Douglas who has got to be the last person to send out his package. After weeks and weeks of fighting with the company he bought his gifts from he finally got them sent out. Not only did they never send his order but then when they did they sent wrong stuff. Not to mentioned he had them ordered from almost the first week of the contest.
So all in all he gets the latest gift sent award not due to his own fault.

The second one which is for BEST SPORT goes to Megan Black. Not only did she help to make this contest the success it was with her semi-provactive biking picture but she also ended up being Douglas's ELF. I think from the start Megan was one of the most excited participants. She made sure that her gift was NOTHING but pink, the only brown part of her gift the was the box it was sent in!!!! Even the packing peanuts were pink!!! Megan was totally understanding of Douglas's problems and even though she wanted her gifts more that Ralphie wanted his Red Rider BB gun she was very understanding and an awesome all around great sport.!!!

The third award goes to Ciaran for HARDEST WORKER after he had to send TWO gifts. You all might ask why did he send to gifts well in a strange circumstance his Elf had his package stolen off his front porch. Ciaran right away hoped on it and started dreaming up a new package to be sent ASAP as he didn't want his ELF to go without.

Everybody did AWESOME this year and I'm sure that I am forgetting some people who are in need of some awards for their work but these are three that stood out to me.

If you guys have awards for your S.S. Please feel free to let everybody know!!!

Megan Black

I rocked whistler in a mini skirt and f$@* me boot
Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
stosh said:
and even though she wanted her gifts more that Ralphie wanted his Red Rider BB gun she was very understanding..
hahahaha! Ralphie...

well, good things come to those who wait and he showed me a pic of the presents all wrapped up. they look juicy and i will definitely post pics when opened :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Megan Black said:
hahahaha! Ralphie...

well, good things come to those who wait and he showed me a pic of the presents all wrapped up. they look juicy and i will definitely post pics when opened :)
You had better! I'm sure douglas won't let ya down!!!!!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
yeah..........I feel so bad about the delay, I ordered the stuff in November! and I just got the order yesterday, and the 3rd item was erroniously switched to a mens (I called once again & they are shipping a womens)

sorry MB

heres 2 of the 3 ( going 2nd day air ), well actually 3 of the FOUR gifts!

KleinMp99

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
United States
My santa didn't come through for me. I will have no gifts to open up on the big day.

The only thing that I can cling to is the lovely picture of megan. She isn't even my santa and she sent me a very special gift.
The picture even says that I rule :love: :love: :love:

I love you megan and I thank you so much!

-Sad elf on christmas

J

JRB

KleinMp99 said:
My santa didn't come through for me. I will have no gifts to open up on the big day.

The only thing that I can cling to is the lovely picture of megan. She isn't even my santa and she sent me a very special gift.
The picture even says that I rule :love: :love: :love:

I love you megan and I thank you so much!

-Sad elf on christmas
Sorry bro. Are you sure it isn't going to happen? :(