rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Airline ‘adjacent’, but DEFINITELY worth reading, and knowing about. (The other links in the article are fascinating, Hertz is a serious bunch of shit-weasels).
Oh yeah, one time I rented from them and they thought the previous person still had it. They couldn't "fix" this in their system, so it ended up being totally free...and I could have sold the car on the black market.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
so this tells me that there is no fire break between the engine pylon (like expanding fire resistant foam is required for openings in building construction) and the passenger cabin. glad I don't fly anywhere

There absolutely is, but pressurization systems use bleed air from the engines which also runs through the environmental air conditioning packs as well. This can be shut off and one engine is sufficient, but if left on, anything burning in-cowl could theoretically go into this line and into the cabin. This isn't fire, this is smoke and fumes.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
There absolutely is, but pressurization systems use bleed air from the engines which also runs through the environmental air conditioning packs as well. This can be shut off and one engine is sufficient, but if left on, anything burning in-cowl could theoretically go into this line and into the cabin. This isn't fire, this is smoke and fumes.

I love the little whiff of Jet-A you get after engine start and the AC is turned back on.