Quantcast

Shit that happens with Airlines, thread

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
This probably also belongs in the "corporations" and the "no faith in humanity" threads.

Because, WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?

Take a look at who the shareholders are. When they say “shareholders,” they don’t mean Joe Public with a couple of dozen shares.
This is just another case of the rich and powerful taking care of their own. Bidness as usual. Nothing to see here.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Take a look at who the shareholders are. When they say “shareholders,” they don’t mean Joe Public with a couple of dozen shares.
This is just another case of the rich and powerful taking care of their own. Bidness as usual. Nothing to see here.

Do you think that it is possible to Fuck with the Boeing Stock ala,“redit gamestop”. Then done again by the same guy with AMC and GameStop a few days ago? I would Love to see that. Or am I dreaming?

Avy

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Do you think that it is possible to Fuck with the Boeing Stock ala,“redit gamestop”. Then done again by the same guy with AMC and GameStop a few days ago? I would Love to see that. Or am I dreaming?

Avy

No need

Boeing is doing a great job of ruining Boeing stock.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yeah Westy that’s true,but they are protected. It is an endless ShitShow. I have not the words.

Avy

That is just the state of corporate America. Now Boeing is on par with a shitty burrito chain. Although shitty burrito chain hasn't hemorrhaged $50,000,000,000 and killed a bunch of people in the name of cost savings.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
why can not breakfast/lunch/dinner atleast be a option for the peasantry that the people in coach could pay for when booking a flight.

i would have rather had one of those than the shit that was offered in first class yesterday.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
this is why I never take my set belt off when flying (unless I need to use the restroom). I was on a flight across the midwest where the stewardess went flying and landed on my lap. I had to hold her around the waist for 30 minutes while the plane was getting tossed about. All the shit came out of the overhead. t was bad.

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
why can not breakfast/lunch/dinner atleast be a option for the peasantry that the people in coach could pay for when booking a flight.

i would have rather had one of those than the shit that was offered in first class yesterday.
What medieval airline are you flying that doesnt offer this?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament

??? Accidental wrong thread (again)?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
and from the safety conscious detail oriented makers of the 737 MAX

At a news briefing last week, mission controllers said the rocket’s valve was successfully replaced but added that the helium leak would not be repaired before the coming flight.
Steve Stich, manager of NASA’s Commercial Crew Program, said that the slow leak was extensively analyzed and that it was determined that it is unlikely to pose a threat to the crew, the mission or the spacecraft.
Repairing the leak would require a much longer delay because the spacecraft would need to be detached from the rocket, said Mark Nappi, Boeing’s vice president for the commercial crew program.
Stich called the issue a “design vulnerability,” because in the unlikely event that a number of systems were to fail while the helium leak persisted, it could leave the Starliner capsule without enough working thrusters to perform crucial maneuvers, including de-orbit burns to help the astronauts return to Earth.
In the end, however, mission managers said they felt comfortable proceeding with Saturday’s test flight

and from the safety conscious detail oriented makers of the 737 MAX

At a news briefing last week, mission controllers said the rocket’s valve was successfully replaced but added that the helium leak would not be repaired before the coming flight.
Steve Stich, manager of NASA’s Commercial Crew Program, said that the slow leak was extensively analyzed and that it was determined that it is unlikely to pose a threat to the crew, the mission or the spacecraft.
Repairing the leak would require a much longer delay because the spacecraft would need to be detached from the rocket, said Mark Nappi, Boeing’s vice president for the commercial crew program.
Stich called the issue a “design vulnerability,” because in the unlikely event that a number of systems were to fail while the helium leak persisted, it could leave the Starliner capsule without enough working thrusters to perform crucial maneuvers, including de-orbit burns to help the astronauts return to Earth.
In the end, however, mission managers said they felt comfortable proceeding with Saturday’s test flight
They're not going to trash that mess until it kills some people.