Quantcast

So I told my GF I wanted to break up with her...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Should have just pooped on her chest.

She would have left, you wouldn't have had to dump her, and she sure as hell wouldn't have wanted to pick up her things today. No crazed text messages either, except maybe one or two angry/incredulous ones.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Should have just pooped on her chest.

She would have left, you wouldn't have had to dump her, and she sure as hell wouldn't have wanted to pick up her things today. No crazed text messages either, except maybe one or two angry/incredulous ones.
Don't just poop on her, take it to the next level. Chili Dog her and be proud.

Dog in a Bathtub would be excellent as well.

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
I know you all wanted to see my place in flames or my bikes in the street, but shes a good girl.

As for the hate, I really cant figure that out. Im not a bad dude and I do care about her feelings. I just couldnt articulate the right words at the right time, but thats hardly the worst thing I could of done.
How are you going to feel when she has another guys High Hard, One Eyed Pudding Slinger in her?

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
It's almost never too late to apologize and own up to wrong actions or attitudes. It goes a long way. At this point, the toothpaste is out of the tube, and there's no putting it back. All you can do is keep further damage from occurring.

You're probably not a bad guy, because you're feeling pretty crappy right now, and that is a sign of soul and conscience. When you act on these pangs of conscience, you grow as a person. (E.g., "Wow, that was a really stupid and selfish way to do things... you want and need more than I'm willing to give right now, and I'm sorry I didn't handle it better...")

It's not that you have to say anything untrue... but you are both pretty hurt right now. After 16 ignored phone calls, I'd say the ball is in your court to give her a little human kindness. Not because you want to take back the break up, but because you know the way you did it was wrong, and the woman you invested 2 years with is really really hurt.

You should call, not text her, and simply tell her that you know you did it wrong, and that you wish you'd handled things differently. If she goes to discuss anything, tell her that it's not a good time to discuss things, and that you don't know what to say anyway, you just wanted to acknowledge that you behaved badly, and wanted to tell her not to put up with that kind of sh** from anyone. If she still wants to talk to you in a month, you can talk then. Tell her it's best that way. Then wish her well and say goodbye.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
you should've gone from the breakup line to a dutch oven. it probably would've broken the awkward silence/crying.

"i think we should break up..."
"what?!"
"...."
"DUTCH OVEN!"
*braaaaaap*

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Oh please. Strangers on the internet are my outlet. I treat my man like a king.
Ah yes, unrequited elove and ehate. An ex of mine kindly called that stalking. I still don't know what her problem was...bitch.

What's the update on your living situation? I read through the new job thread, but I can't recall if you chose to move or stay.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Ah yes, unrequited elove and ehate. An ex of mine kindly called that stalking. I still don't know what her problem was...bitch.

What's the update on your living situation? I read through the new job thread, but I can't recall if you chose to move or stay.
I'm not sure which new job thread, there were a bunch of false hopes. We moved. To milwaukee. TN's new job kicks ass and I've turned into a regular domestic queen.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
It's almost never too late to apologize and own up to wrong actions or attitudes.
I completely disagree. No, wait, here's why...

Apologizing would only make him feel better. If she's righteously flaming pissed off at him, she'll get over him faster and move on with her life. It sounds now that she's paralyzed -- going home to family -- and an apology will only take her longer to move on.

Rip that fvcking band-aid off quickly!

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I'm not sure which new job thread, there were a bunch of false hopes. We moved. To milwaukee. TN's new job kicks ass and I've turned into a regular domestic queen.
You're already in WI? Awesome. Congo rats!

Exploring new towns is so much fun!

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
I completely disagree. No, wait, here's why...

Apologizing would only make him feel better. If she's righteously flaming pissed off at him, she'll get over him faster and move on with her life. It sounds now that she's paralyzed -- going home to family -- and an apology will only take her longer to move on.

Rip that fvcking band-aid off quickly!
Speaking as the one who was dumped almost as callously in the past I know that life is much easier to move on with if you have an utter and pure hatred of the person you used to love.

If you or her care enough at some point down the road then maybe you can talk, but I'd say be an ass and let her hate you. She'll get over it faster if she realizes/thinks you are an asshole.

That doesn't mean go kill her dog or bang her best friend, but if she calls you just say you aren't able to feel the same way she feels and you are sorry but things had to end. Adios.

Spero

ass rainbow
Jul 12, 2005
Tejas
So I was driving back from this afternoon's ride and this song popped up on my iPud. Sounds familiar.

The Trews &#8226; Cry

You cry
You cry

I am leaving, goodbye love
I am waiting for no one
Trust my feeling on the line
Nothing's saving us this time
My heart's telling me to run

I got my mind made up and I'm moving on
I got my my heart reset and my head back on
You cry, You cry
You cry, You cry
Way too much for me

Lost child wanting all you see
You're in love with not losing me
Fighting for our love ain't right
If all we ever do is fight
Nothing should be this hard won

I got my my heart reset and my head back on
You cry (all alone yeah), You cry ( all alone)
Way too much for me
Way too much for me
Way too much for me

Listen up
The time has come for me to say
I'm givin' up
I never loved you anyway
I gotta fly
And you are getting in my way
This is my
Independance day

You cry ,You cry
Way too much for me (cry)
You cry way too much for me (cry,cry)
You cry way too much for me (cry,cry) (cry,cry)
You cry way too much for me (cry,cry)
All alone