Quantcast

Some thoughts on gay pride (and why I'm against it)

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
So... pander to a group of bigoted cretins to win their grudging acceptance.

That's the proposal here?

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Mooshu, you are an idiot. You are not nearly as smart as you think you are, nor as righteous as you think you are. Neither are you well spoken or well reasoned. Did you read my post? CONGRATS! Remember that ignore button I spoke of?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
and his gay friends think....with a friend like him...who needs enemies!

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
So whats your problem with the parade if your own posts point to the fact that they would claim homosexuals are deviants even if they were as booring as the tree channel? Obama tried to get a so called regular guy next door and it didnt give him nothing.
My point is right now those biggots have tons and tons of pictures of gay people waving their wang in the street, and videos. Because of this the stupid people who aren't quite so bigoted, but will believe sensational bull**** will listen and believe that they will destroy families as we know it. If said bigots have to now come up with new arguments like that gays eat babies, and don't have pictures, people wont listen.

Last edited:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
You got it!
Dude, I can totally see what you mean.

I mean, if those negros had just stopped getting so uppity and sat in the back of the bus where they belonged, they probably would have been accepted faster too.

I completely see why your opinion is reasoned and considered and not, you know, completely offensive.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
My point is right now those biggots have tons and tons of pictures of gay people waving their wang in the street, and videos. Because of this the stupid people who aren't quite so bigoted, but will believe sensational bull**** will listen and believe that they will destroy families as we know it. If said bigots have to now come up with new arguments like that gays eat babies, and don't have pictures, people wont listen.
You must be blind or seriously handicapped if you dont see a correlation with Obama where he tried to be regular and it gave him nothing. If you dont show crazies outrageous behavior they will think you are hidding something and it is even worse. Seriously those people make christwire look like a real thing

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Dude, I can totally see what you mean.

I mean, if those negros had just stopped getting so uppity and sat in the back of the bus where they belonged, they probably would have been accepted faster too.

I completely see why your opinion is reasoned and considered and not, you know, completely offensive.
MLK got allot farther than the black panthers.

BTW gays and black is not such a great comparison. The levels of oppression are incomparable, blacks were slaves, and you can't hide the fact that you're black in the work place. Gays also have never been segregated the same way. Maybe if the back of the bus was for gays and blacks, but it wasn't

You must be blind or seriously handicapped if you dont see a correlation with Obama where he tried to be regular and it gave him nothing. If you dont show crazies outrageous behavior they will think you are hidding something and it is even worse. Seriously those people make christwire look like a real thing
And you must be blind if you think it's THAT black and white. So say you have jesus freak on a scale of 1-10. 8 and up and unconvincable will come up with baby eating bla bla bla. But you have those people who are say a 4-8 and can totally be convinced that it's cool for gay people to get married, but they still have some religious issues with it. These are the people who see the pictures of wang and go "I guess they do bone everything that moves". These are the people who will be far more easily strayed if instead of super jesus freak going "Look at these pics of how flaming an immoral these people are" they go "gay's eat babies I swear, they hiding it, I know it I know it I know it." you can bet that slightly more middle of the road person is going to go uhhhhh WTF........

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
BTW gays and black is not such a great comparison. The levels of oppression are incomparable, blacks were slaves, and you can't hide the fact that you're black in the work place. Gays also have never been segregated the same way. Maybe if the back of the bus was for gays and blacks, but it wasn't
Pedantic argument is pedantic.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
And you must be blind if you think it's THAT black and white. So say you have jesus freak on a scale of 1-10. 8 and up and unconvincable will come up with baby eating bla bla bla. But you have those people who are say a 4-8 and can totally be convinced that it's cool for gay people to get married, but they still have some religious issues with it. These are the people who see the pictures of wang and go "I guess they do bone everything that moves". These are the people who will be far more easily strayed if instead of super jesus freak going "Look at these pics of how flaming an immoral these people are" they go "gay's eat babies I swear, they hiding it, I know it I know it I know it." you can bet that slightly more middle of the road person is going to go uhhhhh WTF........
Yeah you convinced me, you are just stupid. You either dont respond to my arguments or just dont see a correlation. In my opinion it simply comes from the fact that while you arent prejudiced towards ethnic minorities (and their parades) you are towards gay people (well that or you are a total puritan).

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
600194_463422010353687_130872251_n.jpg

Montashu, look at where I am today in Denver!!! I am actually supporting my friends and band and this pic is at 7am before everything opens, but still haven't seen any swinging dicks or public sex. I am so disappointed, you got my hopes up.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Montashu, look at where I am today in Denver!!! I am actually supporting my friends and band and this pic is at 7am before everything opens, but still haven't seen any swinging dicks or public sex. I am so disappointed, you got my hopes up.
Dear lord, look at that flamboyant, vulgar display of deviant homosexuality. If The Gays would just keep quiet and stop showing off, maybe more people would accept them.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Not going to dignify this thread by reading the whole damn thing, but the people who turn out for the gay pride parade are no more representative of teh whole of the gay community then the drunks rolling about on St Patricks Day are of the Irish.

And Mooshoo has once again proved himself an idiot.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Not going to dignify this thread by reading the whole damn thing, but the people who turn out for the gay pride parade are no more representative of teh whole of the gay community then the drunks rolling about on St Patricks Day are of the Irish.

And Mooshoo has once again proved himself an idiot.
Or how Critical Mass riders are indicative of all cyclists. I for one, however, think that they do a GREAT job for the cycling community by deliberately offending people, asserting their rights, and breaking a few laws in the process... If we don't set out to deliberately piss people off by breaking laws and acting however we please, how can we ever be accepted as law-abiding legitimate users of the road?

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Yeah you convinced me, you are just stupid. You either dont respond to my arguments or just dont see a correlation. In my opinion it simply comes from the fact that while you arent prejudiced towards ethnic minorities (and their parades) you are towards gay people (well that or you are a total puritan).

Funny, because you live in a country that banned religion for 50 years, you have an entire Jewish population that doesn't even know they are Jewish. I responded to your argument with, some christians are too crazy to listen, while others are dumb enough to listen if there is a picture and a sensational argument.

Last edited:

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
I honestly haven't had this much fun around a group of people in some time. There were a few over the top ones, but what an accepting, loving group of people that I was surrounded by today.

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
mooshu should have taken all his self righteousness and marched down the the parade and told them queers, just act more straight and get all religiony and the right will accept you.

By act more straight I mean beat up fags while secretly wondering what a dick feels like going in and out of their mouth.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Funny, because you live in a country that banned religion for 50 years, you have an entire Jewish population that doesn't even know they are Jewish. I responded to your argument with, some christians are too crazy to listen, while others are dumb enough to listen if there is a picture and a sensational argument.
What my countries history has to do with this? I may as well live on the moon and my argument will still stand and you will still not listen because people who are open about your sexuality are icky to you.

As for your argument I will repeat myself for the third time because you seem to have trouble reading. Even if there are no sensationalist arguments for the dumb middle of the road guys the crazies will find an argument for them anyway. As it was with other cases in US history which you are so keen to point out.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
i think gay pride parades achieve the same effect as critical mass rides, or naked bike rides, which is nothing more than annoying people for ****s sake.
heck, they probably even attract the same kind of people (as in narcisistic douches, be it gay, straight, rich or opressed).

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying they should take pride in things the rest of the country doesn't consider immoral and wrong ( like getting naked in public) instead they should focus on the fact that most kids raised by gay parents do very well (after all, they make you jump through sooooo many hoops to adopt, and the whole "accident" thing doesn't happen) and go to college and things of that nature
OK, it all makes sense now. Since teh geys can't celebrate Fathers/Mothers day like the regular folk, they should take the opportunity presented to them as "pride" to show the world that they can pretend to be normal, too.

A few rainbows are ok, just keep all that geyness in check while in public and stuff.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
i think gay pride parades achieve the same effect as critical mass rides, or naked bike rides, which is nothing more than annoying people for ****s sake.
heck, they probably even attract the same kind of people (as in narcisistic douches, be it gay, straight, rich or opressed).
I see why people dont like any kind of a big public walk but if you looked trough it and seen some people who do it you would see that most people do it for fun and because of the atmosphere. Many of my friends go to critical masses and gay parades and they do because they think of it as a fun event.

I never understood why some people think that if something is annoying other people did it only to annoy them. You are not the center of the world and the gays, cyclists, aliens, iluminati are not out there to get you ;)

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
I see why people dont like any kind of a big public walk but if you looked trough it and seen some people who do it you would see that most people do it for fun and because of the atmosphere. Many of my friends go to critical masses and gay parades and they do because they think of it as a fun event.

I never understood why some people think that if something is annoying other people did it only to annoy them. You are not the center of the world and the gays, cyclists, aliens, iluminati are not out there to get you ;)
well, to be honest, i do not go to critical mass rides or naked rides.

mostly because i do not like to be naked in public, and because i hate it when traffic moves at 8mph, which is roughly the speed of such events. i do think they contribute to the common perseption of cyclists as a weird bunch, and makes stiff-os (like me) a bit embarassed by the association.

i´d bet some of the less flamboyant gays are also embarassed by the association too. does not makes them any less gay or homophobic, than say, me less of a cyclist because i dont like critical mass rides....

as much as i enjoy fun social gatherings and such, i dont think its much courteous to others to clog traffic, or exposing them to my junk. now, it seems the "in your face" part of the gathering is what makes it so fun (or at least, more than than having said gathering in the woods or some less public place), and that is something i dont quite agree upon.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
as much as i enjoy fun social gatherings and such, i dont think its much courteous to others to clog traffic, or exposing them to my junk. now, it seems the "in your face" part of the gathering is what makes it so fun (or at least, more than than having said gathering in the woods or some less public place), and that is something i dont quite agree upon.
That is simply not true. Of course there will be an agressive in your group in both of those gatherings but they are a minority. Most of the people I know go to critical mass go because they think it is a fun ride with a lot people through the town and for once dont be afraid someone will push you off the road. It is a very positive gathering. Same for gay parades. Most people go not only because they support the gay people but because it is like a huge party on the streets but with most people being sober and very nice to each other.

For some reason it is ok if you have a huge football match that clogs waaaay bigger parts of the city but if it is gays or cyclists it is suddenly wrong. I for one understand that the city center will be clogged from time to time. I dont want my city to only be a group of bureaus and roads from them to home and back to work.

If some traffic from time to time will make people happier and friendlier to each other I have no problems with that.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
That is simply not true. Of course there will be an agressive in your group in both of those gatherings but they are a minority. Most of the people I know go to critical mass go because they think it is a fun ride with a lot people through the town and for once dont be afraid someone will push you off the road. It is a very positive gathering. Same for gay parades. Most people go not only because they support the gay people but because it is like a huge party on the streets but with most people being sober and very nice to each other.

For some reason it is ok if you have a huge football match that clogs waaaay bigger parts of the city but if it is gays or cyclists it is suddenly wrong. I for one understand that the city center will be clogged from time to time. I dont want my city to only be a group of bureaus and roads from them to home and back to work.

If some traffic from time to time will make people happier and friendlier to each other I have no problems with that.
soccer matches are as annoying, if not more, than gay pride parades and critical mass rides.
hooligans tend to steal and break stuff, which crosses, yet another line of social misconduct.

just because some annoying things are tolerated (for financial gain, national pride, or whatever) does not mean every annoying thing should be tolerated.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
soccer matches are as annoying, if not more, than gay pride parades and critical mass rides.
hooligans tend to steal and break stuff, which crosses, yet another line of social misconduct.

just because some annoying things are tolerated (for financial gain, national pride, or whatever) does not mean every annoying thing should be tolerated.
Actually in a tolerant country if you tolerate one thing you should tolerate all things (as long as they dont hurt anyone).

Also football fans dont always mean hooligans. Even in poland.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Actually in a tolerant country if you tolerate one thing you should tolerate all things (as long as they dont hurt anyone).

Also football fans dont always mean hooligans. Even in poland.
its just not reasonable, for practical reasons, to "tolerate all annoying things", considering, there are thousands of them, and limited space/time for all.

some "major" annoyances, like national team games, having the olympics in your town, national day parades, macy´s parade and whatnot are somewhat reasonable, as they appeal to large segments, and only happen a few times a year.

gay pride parades, fall in the same category as critical mass rides, or naked rides, as they are mostly composed of few hundreds, and are commonly known for annoying people with the traffic and abundance of wangs and saggy guts (well, the late does not apply to gay parades too much).

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
its just not reasonable, for practical reasons, to "tolerate all annoying things", considering, there are thousands of them, and limited space/time for all.

some "major" annoyances, like national team games, having the olympics in your town, national day parades, macy´s parade and whatnot are somewhat reasonable, as they appeal to large segments, and only happen a few times a year.

gay pride parades, fall in the same category as critical mass rides, or naked rides, as they are mostly composed of few hundreds, and are commonly known for annoying people with the traffic and abundance of wangs and saggy guts (well, the late does not apply to gay parades too much).

So if you have more friends and are a part of a larger group you have more rights? So if downhill bikers annoy hikers and local weirdos should downhill biking be forbidden because we are a smaller group? The logic is similar, the difference is you are on now in the minority ;)

Though in the end I think it is the life long argument between stoicism and hedonism (which for some idiotic reason became a pejorative term). I for once believe it is better to be happy and annoyed both from time to time than never be annoyed but live in a constant state of contentment.