Quantcast

southeast photo thread

dickiesbike1

Monkey
Jun 17, 2002
NC
Tubby sent me this trhead and it inspired me to post up some recent pics just to prove i still ride!

Man im a fisheye freak

dickiesbike1

Monkey
Jun 17, 2002
NC
You're alive? Who knew? Let me know when you're in town again, its been a while. You're at UNC-W right?
Yea it has been a while, i was home last weekend and did a little CP...its depressing cause i suck now. Il be back over thanksgiving and il be riding a ton so im sure we can meet up.

That picture is from mid-late summer, but that sucks they fenced that hill.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Moto and T-Pirate, I wish I was back in school with you guys. It seems like ya'll ride all the time. I can never find anyone to ride with me as much as I ride. I always end up riding solo.

dickiesbike1

Monkey
Jun 17, 2002
NC
Ha...try going to UNCW...besides my roomate theres only one guy here that rides. My bike just stays in greensboro now, too much of a risk leaving it around campus.

In the riding aspect i regret going to a non-mountain school...but UNCWs a good time

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Moto and T-Pirate, I wish I was back in school with you guys. It seems like ya'll ride all the time. I can never find anyone to ride with me as much as I ride. I always end up riding solo.
That's the way it was for the both of us before we came to school. It's cool seeing downhill/dirt jumping bikes locked up outside of classrooms everywhere. I saw that sweet pic today of you Doug. All that barenuckle underground boxing getting to ya, eh? :banana: Just kidding man, you'll have goggles on in no time. :happydance:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i'm getting in the mood for the fontana icycle this year. a shot encompassing the essance of last year's race :D
*hopefully, this year i won't realize that i forgot to put on my leg armor half way down the course. "man...my knees are cold this time around.....OH CRAP!" talk about forcing you to ride smooth :D

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
We're workin on it, but with the trails we have nearby, i'm not riding my DH bike the amount that I should be. Luckily street gets shredded on the reg. Riding my bike everywhere is helping too, I feel like I've improved a lot this semester, it was nice to get out of the terrain i'd been riding for 10 years when I moved up here.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
We're workin on it, but with the trails we have nearby, i'm not riding my DH bike the amount that I should be. Luckily street gets shredded on the reg. Riding my bike everywhere is helping too, I feel like I've improved a lot this semester, it was nice to get out of the terrain i'd been riding for 10 years when I moved up here.
and to find some new cops to arrest you for trespassing and illegal trail building...:lighten:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
the boy and i hit the lake for about 90 minutes today. his frequent skatepark visits are paying major dividends in his trail riding. he was LAUNCHING the big table and even got a little lift off of the right-hand hip. i honestly believe that if he could get a little more speed, he could easily clear the table. he was at least half-way across by his last few tries.

it's hard to see in this pic how high he is...but the vid will help out a bit :D

he's also getting well acquainted with using the camera, these are frame grabs from the vids he took of me today
the new left hip

yay! tubby is now an "ambi-turner", i can hip left!

it was fun watching noah literally climb his way back to the top of the roll-in for the table, thanks to whoever put in the steps :cheers:

a vid of him boosting the table.....complete with his own "braaap!" sound effects ;)
http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a307/sempertubby2/?action=view&current=P1010451.flv

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
that kid makes my day whenever i see this. i remember learning to dirt jump when i was 4. lucky kids got a near right proper dirt jumping bike to!!!! i rode a kids bike till i was 10. snapped the fork off ona 20 foot gap. thanks for posting dude! lil manimal rips!

ridefast

Monkey
Jan 25, 2006
Not where I'd like
lol im not sure if the paint comment was a joke...but yea, its already been painted

the rest of the bike includes deetracs, camo sherman, diablous cockpit, hayes, blah blah blah....ill get full build pics up whenever i finish it

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
Hey dude, I live near Raleigh, and since we're talking about bighits, here is my 05:

Also, do you have a 26" wheel on the back? Cause you said your running deetraX, not a deetrac.