Quantcast

The 2013 NFL thread

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
NINERS send them PACKing 34-28 and Kaepernick passes for over 400 yards. Boldin over 200 yards receiving , Vernon Davis 2 td catches, Gore one TD...
it's a shame their coach is such a fvcking cvnt though.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
It'll be interesting to see if the Redskins can put the tomahawk to the high flying Eagles' new offense.

(but seriously though, I am looking forward to seeing that and the game DOESN'T EVEN INVOLVE MY TEAM! :eek: )

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
All this talk about high scoring offenses I'm hpoing the score winds up being 6-3.
I've got DeSean Jackson going for my fantasy team, and I need the Redskins to suck this year since the Rams hold their first round draft pick next year. So, 57-3 Eagles would be cool.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
How about that EJ Manuel?

Bills defense was aggressive and tight. Offense had a couple issues but when it mattered, they marched down the field calmly and effectively. I like it :thumb:

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
How about that EJ Manuel?

Bills defense was aggressive and tight. Offense had a couple issues but when it mattered, they marched down the field calmly and effectively. I like it :thumb:
I'm still in shock that the Bills pulled it off at the end. It's a slight glimmer of hope for Bills fans.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I am so incredibly disappointed.

Seeing that Eric had posted, I clicked through specifically hoping to read a reference to the seachickens.

I see a bleak, empty football season stretching out in front of me... one devoid of seachickens, cowgirls, and assorted football puns. Please don't let this dystopian future come to pass.

:(

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I am so incredibly disappointed.

Seeing that Eric had posted, I clicked through specifically hoping to read a reference to the seachickens.

I see a bleak, empty football season stretching out in front of me... one devoid of seachickens, cowgirls, and assorted football puns. Please don't let this dystopian future come to pass.

:(
sorry about that. I didn't actually watch the game. Very early shift this morning so I turned in while they were on that weather delay.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Richardson to the Colts in exchange for a first round pick.

Not sure I get it. They're going to have to spend a speculative pick on another running back, vs. holding onto a young running back that was not a guess. It's likely they just traded a first round running back for another first round running back, unless they've got their eye on someone in particular who they think will fall out of the first round.

I guess the amount of value is going to be directly determined by how well both the Colts and the Browns do this season. Browns are probably hoping Richardson immediately breaks his ankle so the Colts finish in the basement...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
From what I hear, and I am no Mel Kiper Jr, the 2014 draft is going to be loaded. The Browns want another QB because Brandon Weeden doesn't appear to be the guy they want. They now hold two first round picks next year, so a QB should be available. They hold seven picks in the first four rounds. There is a lot they can do with that, either by drafting or trading. They could also try to get Kirk Cousins. Washington doesn't own a first round pick thanks to the RG3 trade, and the Redskins have some holes to fill. Trading Cousins could get them a couple of draft picks. It's only a matter of time until that guy is traded.

I'm hoping that Washington tanks so the Rams get a high draft pick (top 5). Then Cleveland trades up, swapping the Indy pick for the Rams' pick and giving the Rams another second rounder or two. :) werd

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
BTW, I'm looking forward to the KC/Philly game tonight. Philly is fun to watch, both for that Chip Kelly offense and the enormous strain that it is putting on the Eagles' defense. :)

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
The 49er's weren't very Luck(y) today were they?

Too bad it wasn't a night game, then Jed York could have switched the lights off again just like he did during the Superbowl ;)

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I was surprised by the end of the Packers game.

I'm SO torn between my undying allegiance to the Bears and my dislike for Cutler. Go Bears.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
From what I hear, and I am no Mel Kiper Jr, the 2014 draft is going to be loaded. The Browns want another QB because Brandon Weeden doesn't appear to be the guy they want. They now hold two first round picks next year, so a QB should be available. They hold seven picks in the first four rounds. There is a lot they can do with that, either by drafting or trading. They could also try to get Kirk Cousins. Washington doesn't own a first round pick thanks to the RG3 trade, and the Redskins have some holes to fill. Trading Cousins could get them a couple of draft picks. It's only a matter of time until that guy is traded.

I'm hoping that Washington tanks so the Rams get a high draft pick (top 5). Then Cleveland trades up, swapping the Indy pick for the Rams' pick and giving the Rams another second rounder or two. :) werd
If RG 3 doesn't return to form I am not so sure the Redskins are going to want to trade Kirk Cousins, both he and Hoyer went to MSU, maybe the browns will make a push to have to college team mates battling it out for QB?

And to think, the lions turned down a draft pick for Mikel Leshour, who by most accounts has been a bust for us, of course he would have turned into a hall of famer in Indy, Richardson has potential for beast mode so Indy could be nasty if he gets into a groove with them.

oh, and go lions, you looked super duper honolulu blue kool aide awesome yesterday. :rolleyes:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
That Bills / Jets game yesterday was a cluster.

Manuel needs some coaching on what to do when he's getting harassed in the backfield. He clearly looked very uncomfortable and harried - making quick throws when he had time, overthrowing down field receivers when he didn't, and often extending the play when he should have just pulled the ball down and taken a few yards... To be expected from a rookie, just a clear area that needs work. Of course, it didn't help that the O-line couldn't stop the pass rush.

Geno Smith made his own share of bad decisions, and the Jets did their level best to walk Buffalo all the way down the field on penalties. What a ridiculous game.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
LOL @ the 49ers. They didn't just lose...they got physically destroyed. They'll be fine though. But LOL @ the 49ers.

I am surprised Miami is 3-0. Surprise team of the year so far.
I had my doubts about Cincinnati going into the season even though everyone said they'd be good. They do look for real though.
WTF happened to the Giants?
San Diego, Pittsburgh, and Tampa Bay are not very good teams.
And speaking of the Rams, Sam Bradford does not appear to be the elite franchise QB they were hoping they drafted.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Good morning Giants fans!
Giants fans aren't up yet. Still sleeping off the hangover.

Try back around noon.

Also, I think the RG3 hand-wringing is silly. He's a second year player with plenty to learn who is still throwing for 300+ yards each game. Needs some improvement on decision making, and to find some balance between the pocket passer/read option QB. He'll be fine, and Cousins hasn't exactly proven himself over a couple games that he performed well in - just look at Matt Flynn.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Ughhh WTF worst game ever. I could see that wave coming when I was at the game last weekend. They just look terrible....
What'd I tell you, Jeremy? 2:16pm. Woke up around noon, plus enough time to throw up, take half a bottle of asprin, eat a few crackers and wonder how their life got to this point.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
What'd I tell you, Jeremy? 2:16pm. Woke up around noon, plus enough time to throw up, take half a bottle of asprin, eat a few crackers and wonder how their life got to this point.
The blue paint on my face is all F'ed up......

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Why no Ravens and Texans talk? Annoucers jinxe dit when they refered to both teams as AFc "powerhouses". Ummmm....

Why do all NFL QBs except 2 look like accountants?