Quantcast

The avy cult...

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA
Then got the Avy on a 2002 DHR....turn the rebound into full slow and shock still rebounded ridiculously....[/QUOTE said:
that isn't a valving issue...your nitrogen pressure was too low...I guarantee it flat out....all you would have to do is add nitrogen and get it up to 200 PSI. or in a pinch just run air....I had that happen to mine, and i got the nitro up and it was right back to normal...I 100% guarantee it's got nothing to do with shock quality or valving setup

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
zedro said:
guess its all those medical advances in sex change operations...

PS..must be a small canadian chapter, apparently shipping to the north is too complicated for Mr. Seekins lol
or a waste of time(and money) if all you're getting out of it is $3 profit on a freaking spring....you're gonna have a super successful bike company when you run or dealing with customs for $3 per part....you're a stud boy! can't wait til you're all big and successful mr. industry star big talker

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
Rik said:
It works both ways, doesn't it ;)
lol, yeah, he totally lost a potential customer, so he went with an ElHefe instead. Chris told me the whole story while driving to the mountains, Craig seemed to make every excuse in the book when all he had to say was "get lost and stop bothering me". It's his perogative tho.

and it kinda makes the ignore list useless when you start quoting the crazy-angry people Rik...

sh*t scared

Monkey
Sep 30, 2004
zedro said:
Craig seemed to make every excuse in the book when all he had to say was "get lost and stop bothering me".
It´s no bad thing being selective over who is allowed to become a member. Lets face it, if Craig wasn´t selective, the cult would be overrun with masturbating canadians......... :eek:

seismic

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2003
South East Asia
Yeah....critical people will not recieve membership of the Avy cult. It is written in the book of Avy-lation !!

Critical people's opinion will of course be treated with the utmost respect =
and

sh*t scared

Monkey
Sep 30, 2004
seismic said:
Yeah....critical people will not recieve membership of the Avy cult. It is written in the book of Avy-lation !!
Or access to the 'Avites' (Gorgeous female groupies)

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Ian Collins said:
that isn't a valving issue...your nitrogen pressure was too low...I guarantee it flat out....all you would have to do is add nitrogen and get it up to 200 PSI. or in a pinch just run air....I had that happen to mine, and i got the nitro up and it was right back to normal...I 100% guarantee it's got nothing to do with shock quality or valving setup
Why should i have to figure that out.....?......i called him twice and all he did was skirt around my opinion instead of trying to analyze what may have been a problem.....

Dealing with that guy WAS a pain......

Racer-X

Monkey
Oct 16, 2004
SNOWSHOE
....or the incredibly heavy-not really useful-except for hucking yourself off loading dock-cult!

sounds a little more exact to me.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
Racer-X said:
....or the incredibly heavy-not really useful-except for hucking yourself off loading dock-cult!

aaahhh, racer X... here to enlighten us with his infinate wisdom again :rolleyes:

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Racer-X said:

great point ****stick....that's all i do is ride off loading docks with my "useless" avalanche"

http://www.hcor.net/postt20788.html

and if you're referring to the armageddon....that's BS too...I have a buddy who hauls balls, and rips sh:t up, and absolutely kills it on a freaking apocolypse....it's got nothing to do with the bike tough nuts....lighten up and go ride

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Rik said:
So basically, lord Craig is selling an image, not just a product... sorta like iPods and brand name pre-faded jeans?
Yeah people only buy iPods because they are cool...not because you can put ever ounce of music you own in once place and not have to lug books of cd's around....brilliant comment...i guess if we're going along with that logic everyone is also probably running e.13 chainguides because the clear bashguard gives them a boner, and not because it's the BEST goddamnchainguide on earth....
:rolleyes:

nickaziz

Monkey
Aug 4, 2004
Racer-X said:

I've never really seen a "loading dock" that requires suspension to "huck off."

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
ChrisRobin said:
Ok friends...let's get along and play nicely...

...my Stratos El Jefe can beat up your Avy DHS! :eviltongu

Be interesting to see what happens when the new Cane Creek/Ohlins toy comes out...

DH biker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2004
North East
zedro said:
you forgot orange stripe Maxxis tires...better stock up, they wont be made anymore
I ahve those tires. Are they really going to stop maing them or was that a joke that just flew over my head?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Ian Collins said:
Yeah people only buy iPods because they are cool...not because you can put ever ounce of music you own in once place and not have to lug books of cd's around....brilliant comment...i guess if we're going along with that logic everyone is also probably running e.13 chainguides because the clear bashguard gives them a boner, and not because it's the BEST goddamnchainguide on earth....
:rolleyes:
wrong forum for iPod wars. pop over to the lounge.

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105413

Racer-X

Monkey
Oct 16, 2004
SNOWSHOE
partsbara said:
aaahhh, racer X... here to enlighten us with his infinate wisdom again :rolleyes:

i'm pretty sure it's infInite. no a in there pa't'na.

also,i have always enjoyed reading your posts because i thought your life seemed pretty interesting,living in germany and all that. did i say anything DIRECTLY OFFENSIVE to you? i didn't think so. being said,i believe i'm owed an apology smart-ass.

Racer-X

Monkey
Oct 16, 2004
SNOWSHOE
Ian Collins said:
great point ****stick....that's all i do is ride off loading docks with my "useless" avalanche"

http://www.hcor.net/postt20788.html

and if you're referring to the armageddon....that's BS too...I have a buddy who hauls balls, and rips sh:t up, and absolutely kills it on a freaking apocolypse....it's got nothing to do with the bike tough nuts....lighten up and go ride

Mr. Collins - before i start i'd like to give you props for that drop in the link from HCOR,that's definitely one of the best looking "natural" drops i've ever seen.i'd hit it in a heartbeat.
now,did i say anything directly aimed at you that you found offensive? wow,what a coincidence. that's two idiots in a row that are trying to accuse ME of saying something i didn't...hhmm...how ironic.

a piece of advice for you hard-asses out there: LOOSEN UP!

the ENTIRE comment i made about avalanches was chock-full of sarcasm. granted,you can't really tell that from the internet,but GET A CLUE.

don't get your panties ruffled up as soon as someone says something negative about your dear precious products. i've owned Avanalches before and it was,IMO,the best shock i've ever run! do you think i'd REALLY be bashing them if i had any kind of experience?

life is too short to not have a sense of humor. lighten up or you will die a sad person.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
Racer-X said:
i'm pretty sure it's infInite. no a in there pa't'na.

also,i have always enjoyed reading your posts because i thought your life seemed pretty interesting,living in germany and all that. did i say anything DIRECTLY OFFENSIVE to you? i didn't think so. being said,i believe i'm owed an apology smart-ass.
i owe you an apology ??? thats a good one... infact, that is one of the best pieces of internet cr@p i ve ever read... racer X - you ve proven yourself to be somewhat of a half wit, but i can live with that...

i say we keep you around for entertainment value... :dancing:

oh yeah - thanks for the spelling lesson :monkey:

Racer-X

Monkey
Oct 16, 2004
SNOWSHOE
partsbara said:
i owe you an apology ??? thats a good one... infact, that is one of the best pieces of internet cr@p i ve ever read... racer X - you ve proven yourself to be somewhat of a half wit, but i can live with that...

i say we keep you around for entertainment value... :dancing:
you've gotta be kidding?

better than the post i just quoted from you? no way! how have i proven myself to be a half-wit when everything i've ever posted on this website is either something i wrote to amuse myself,or me defending myself from 40-hour a week-cubicle working-bastards that can't take a joke?

i'm glad you have come to the conclusion that i'm a half wit,especially after i was planning on contacting you within the next 2 weeks regarding a trip i'm taking to Germany to visit my uncle at Ramstein this summer. thought i'd get a chance to ride with one of the cooler monkey's on the site.

guess i was wrong about that entire last sentence!

that's what i thought ;)

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
Racer-X said:
you've gotta be kidding?

better than the post i just quoted from you? no way! how have i proven myself to be a half-wit when everything i've ever posted on this website is either something i wrote to amuse myself,or me defending myself from 40-hour a week-cubicle working-bastards that can't take a joke?

i'm glad you have come to the conclusion that i'm a half wit,especially after i was planning on contacting you within the next 2 weeks regarding a trip i'm taking to Germany to visit my uncle at Ramstein this summer. thought i'd get a chance to ride with one of the cooler monkey's on the site.

guess i was wrong about that entire last sentence!

that's what i thought ;)
i don t need any riding buddies... i m not cool, i m an A hole... :)

Racer-X

Monkey
Oct 16, 2004
SNOWSHOE
partsbara said:
i don t need any riding buddies... i m not cool, i m an A hole... :)
well obviously,i can see now why you don't have any.

dude - what the *f* is your problem with me? i didn't say ANYTHING directed at you,yet you still insist on acting like a whiny little be-hotch.

if you want to be an A-hole,then so be it. if you still want to ride like a little wussy fruit,go right ahead. i'll keep the pointers to myself.

one of my older rigs:

Attachments

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
hahhahahahaaaaaa

this is awesome racer X... awesome... first of all you deny ME the privilege of taking YOU riding here in germany... and, as if that wasn t enough, now you re not going to give me any 'pointers'...

i don t think i can take any more... :blah:

what is the next mortal blow ???? :)

partsbara :devil:

snowskilz

xblue attacked piggy won
May 15, 2004
rado
seismic said:
BLING !!! :thumb:
thanks shes no lightweight but she rolls over everything and feels buttery smooth doing it. My buddy borrowed and took it back to pa and she did a 12 footer to very lil tranny with out any problems

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
here's my first avy equip'd bike. i think i watched Double Down and Super Heros one too many times when i built this thing up. ofcourse, i've had an avy on every bike since then.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
you guys need to relax or this thread will get shut down...I have seen it happen for less offensive things...D