Quantcast

The Bar Hump Thread

schrammride

Chimp
Jul 12, 2005
wellington ohio
ok i cant find a pic of it but sometimes theyre in ridebmx magazine...your back has to be almost paralell with your fork bow your knees like a cowboy haha thats the best i can describe it.the point of barhumps is too make it look like u do it on purpose, like a really bad looking trick.i mean dont try hard, just to learn it.some of these pics are anything but a barhump...haha

F.M.

Chimp
Mar 4, 2005
Seattle
This is great thread for me to ask about humping habits!

I'm pretty happy catching air, but I haven't quite figured out the bar-hump yet- so far I've relied on speed and keeping my weight back to keep the front end from dropping. I know that mastering the bar-hump is the next step. In fact I've pulled it off a few times on kickers and it felt great- I'm just not sure how to make it happen on flatter jumps and drops.

Any tips? Seems like when I did do it, I felt like I wasstanding up, straightening my body and pulling my bars towards my belt line...

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
In those pictures I meant to do them for this thread. I think I get what you mean- the bike more vertical and legs extended down and pulling the par in more. I just need to find the right jump.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
F.M. said:
This is great thread for me to ask about humping habits!

I'm pretty happy catching air, but I haven't quite figured out the bar-hump yet- so far I've relied on speed and keeping my weight back to keep the front end from dropping. I know that mastering the bar-hump is the next step. In fact I've pulled it off a few times on kickers and it felt great- I'm just not sure how to make it happen on flatter jumps and drops.

Any tips? Seems like when I did do it, I felt like I wasstanding up, straightening my body and pulling my bars towards my belt line...
The trick to it is to take it slow. Start off with quickies, and then step it up from there

Yeik

Chimp
Jul 24, 2005
Jayridesacove said:
Pretend the bar is a girl you're hitting from the back. That is all.
man, that is the best description of how to do a trick I've ever seen..

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Here is another from my NW trip. THis is in Orcas Is, WA. I went to the Exchange (a junkyard where you take what you want and make a donation) and got a sawhorse and steel tabletop. I cut the sawhorse legs so they were shorter on one side (for a downhill slope) and bolted the tabletop to it to make an almost flat jump like a ledge. I was jumping 15 feet off it. This is my avatar.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
thom9719 said:

you guys are doing it all wrong. you're "dry humping", like on prom night. you have to disrobe to get the real hump action going on. i'll try to have some new-true bar hump pics up in the near future....well, at least with boxers on :D :devil:

alex...you up for a photo shoot :D