Quantcast

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Fuck yeah!!!

Putting touch screens in cars is a stupid work of Satan idea.
I have a 2020 and Wifey has a 2022 Audi. The interiors are almost identical except for the interior controls. Hers are almost all touchscreen, mine are button. After a couple of months now, that is her complaint - the touchscreen everything. I can't stand the lack of buttons for the day-day functions.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Seen this in pics a lot. Was cool to see it in person. Seems like a nice van/bus.

IMG_9455.jpeg
IMG_9456.jpeg
IMG_9457.jpeg

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
@jimmydean ....modern vettes are rubbish

jimmydean wouldn't fit in one of those, and the trunk can't hold enough Girl Scout Cookies.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
@jimmydean ....modern vettes are rubbish

I was never a big fan of the C1. The C2 has gotten crazy, but I will get a project C3 eventually.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
What's going on with the trash bins? Different types of recycling?
Yes, that’s it. One is trash, the others are plastic, cardboard, metal, glass. The bins also serve as an unofficial donation spot too. And pickers come by and pick out/salvage scrap.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
So much of car buying is not rational. I don’t really think the cyber truck is much worse than so many other cars and trucks it’s design just stands out more.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
So much of car buying is not rational. I don’t really think the cyber truck is much worse than so many other cars and trucks it’s design just stands out more.
It really is worse. Horrible efficiency. Weak suspension. Insanely bad QC. Feature incomplete.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
It really is worse. Horrible efficiency. Weak suspension. Insanely bad QC. Feature incomplete.
You know it's bad when Toshi is tearing it apart as an electric vehicle. :eek: :twitch:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
While it's true the tent thing is really dumb. Plus while it's not rational there is still the aspect of craftsmanship. If you pay a lot for bad craftsmanship you got conned. It's like in Fashion. Sure most of it is the brand image but I get paying 5000$ for something from premium wool that has hand embroidery but not some piece of shit thin jersey that simply has a nice logo and if you go for that you go to gulag for being to stupid to realize you are getting conned.

That's the problem. The Cybertruck exists only because it's a whim. No one sane would buy it. What it should really be is a commercial failure that achieves cult status after 30 years (while still being cheap for very long) because so few of them survived and because the whole idea was dumb and fueled by drugs. In this case it's just adderall not coke like it was with DMC. (and have in mind that car was designed by someone who actually knew shit about cars instead of by a guy who forced his engineers to reinvent the wheel while forgeting about the basics)

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
The Cyber truck is like the Push fork, you buy it because you can.
Not really. The Push Fork is actually well made and the engineering here is top notch and it probably gives you an advantage over other products on the market or at least it's one of the best products in some metrics. Even if those benefits are not noticeable it's an actual premium product.

The problem with Cybertruck people have is not that it's something you buy on a whim. It's the price and build quality are not aligned. The Push is a bit more like Pagani cars. Are they the fastest? Nope. But they sound nice and a ton of craftsmanship went into them. When you look inside you really see why the price is so dumb.

Tesla Cybertruck is more like buying some stupid niche company fork that constantly leaks, has durability issues, and you cant find parts for it. Maybe that White suspension 2.3 kg DC fork from 15 years ago that had super narrow stanctions limiting your turn radius? This would be a more valid comparison. The only difference being people who bought that fork probably heard of the clitoris.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Not really. The Push Fork is actually well made and the engineering here is top notch and it probably gives you an advantage over other products on the market or at least it's one of the best products in some metrics. Even if those benefits are not noticeable it's an actual premium product.

The problem with Cybertruck people have is not that it's something you buy on a whim. It's the price and build quality are not aligned. The Push is a bit more like Pagani cars. Are they the fastest? Nope. But they sound nice and a ton of craftsmanship went into them. When you look inside you really see why the price is so dumb.

Tesla Cybertruck is more like buying some stupid niche company fork that constantly leaks, has durability issues, and you cant find parts for it. Maybe that White suspension 2.3 kg DC fork from 15 years ago that had super narrow stanctions limiting your turn radius? This would be a more valid comparison. The only difference being people who bought that fork probably heard of the clitoris.
Like high end mountain bike components in the 90s.