Quantcast

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I know several peeps that have been screwed by tesla over their roof solar.
At times Tesla reminds me of mountain bike companies in the 90s with too many claims of superior attributes, spotty quality and promises of two more week and you frame is ready. I would never buy anything first production year from that organization or before they have ironed out problems through the fanboy "beta testers". I can see though it's easy to be caught up in the hype machine.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
If you thought the Integra Type R was nutty, I have a beer you can hold for me.

I have an original, minty, always garaged ’07 Fit with 22k kms. Is that something?
Would consider trading for a well sorted 84-89 Carrera coupe.

Someone's comment to a 50k sale for a Honda Civic. :no:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I'm curious, what's the monkeys Auto/manual ratio in cars owned?
I've had 11 Manual gearbox cars to 4 Auto's.
Mines close to 16/8 manual to auto. All of my full sized 4x4 trucks, 1 Toyota truck, 1 Corvette auto, everything else manual.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I'm curious, what's the monkeys Auto/manual ratio in cars owned?
I've had 11 Manual gearbox cars to 4 Auto's.
Have not owned an auto car.

I'd like to keep that alive, but I suspect the next car will be an auto, otherwise I'll just be digging myself into a hole when it'd come time to get rid of it.

Unless I win the lottery and buy a manual Porsche or Cadillac CT4. :drool:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
4 autos/1 manual

Given that automotive trends are shifting to autos, I doubt I'll have another stick. At least I know how to drive one though if we ever find ourselves in Germany again, searching for that single automatic that the rental agency promised us.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
4 autos/1 manual

Given that automotive trends are shifting to autos, I doubt I'll have another stick. At least I know how to drive one though if we ever find ourselves in Germany again, searching for that single automatic that the rental agency promised us.
Yeah - knowing how to drive a manual is a really good skill, if only for the Euro travel. Although as electric vehicles become ubiquitous, I guess even Euro rentals won't be manual...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yeah - knowing how to drive a manual is a really good skill, if only for the Euro travel. Although as electric vehicles become ubiquitous, I guess even Euro rentals won't be manual...

Automatics are becoming more ubiquitous in Europe. Currently my flavor of VW golf is only offered with a manual transmission in the united states.