Quantcast

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

Apparently Alfa finally released the toenail, after like 5 years of teasing. It's a CUV with the performance of a Rav4 and the reliability of an italian pseudo-exotic. Fuck. I will say that the service I got from the tiny local Alfa dealer was far superior to the hyundai/genesis dealer, though I've only been to that dealer once so far....

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Been seeing some id4s around town of late. Saw one this morning up close on a ride. Looks really nice i’d say.

3CE264F1-F5DC-4141-BCB9-10254C8BBEC2.jpeg

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Re taycan. I heard that the Taycan is currently outselling all other porsche models. Can't remember if that was individually, or combined. Either way, the direction things are going is clear.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
@Sandwich should do a Genesis swap

that look neat. Real buttons and a car that doesn't look like a jellybean. Or as much as a jellybean.

Not sure I'd buy another genesis yet. dealer experience was poor. I could see saving 20g and buying a hyundai instead....but I like that car. Anything that doesn't rely on being different for the sake of it is a win in my book. Let the tech bros drive with half a steering wheel and an ipad.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
Any idea if they will eventually spin out from Hyundai? I think the combo dealerships are really hurting the brand.
All Genesis dealers have to build a stand alone Genesis showroom, covid just slowed down the process. The stand alone showroom is why we turned it down, at the time it didn't look like it would make sense financially. Now the product is hot and I think it will pay off in the long run.
You should see the nonsense they are requiring for us to have Ioniq5......Thankfully the Ioniq5 requirements are coming while we are in the middle of a complete showroom rebuild that Hyundai is paying half of.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
All Genesis dealers have to build a stand alone Genesis showroom, covid just slowed down the process. The stand alone showroom is why we turned it down, at the time it didn't look like it would make sense financially. Now the product is hot and I think it will pay off in the long run.
You should see the nonsense they are requiring for us to have Ioniq5......Thankfully the Ioniq5 requirements are coming while we are in the middle of a complete showroom rebuild that Hyundai is paying half of.
Are they trying to lift the brand?

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Pray tell?!???

I hadn't watched the video till now. I'm really not a fan of the looks of the GV60 (I'd prefer a Model Y if I was dropping that sort of coin), but that X at the end?! very nice! dare I say :drool:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Random car joy today: spotted a pristine appearing 1st gen Lexus LS 400 on the road today.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
Pray tell?!???
Chargers everywhere, which means we have to redo pretty much all of our electric to handle the load, a Ioniq specific indoor delivery module, $49,000 Ioniq5 showroom kit that is a joke and then we have to pay to have it installed.
They are also making us increase our service department from 5 service bays to 20 service bays. :bonk: