Quantcast

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
I've been watching too many savagegeese car reviews and now there isn't a goddamn car in the world I am interested in.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
New Landrover can be specified with a center front seat.
I work near a Landrover dealer, good lord those things are hideous, the Tata influence is starting to show.
The new Rangerover looks like it has been put in to a compactor.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
I work near a Landrover dealer, good lord those things are hideous, the Tata influence is starting to show.
gotta get it more aerodynamic somehow :P ... you know, for going back and forth to the day spa.

the new defender looks more interesting.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
You know Posh Spice is a designer for them. It's high fashion, you wouldn't understand. I don't, either.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
@gonefirefightin what's the appeal of the Jeep vs, oh say any other more reliable manufacturer?
kinda looks like a Hummer, fwiw.
always been a jeep guy and a wheeler, its kinda been my thing to go crawling and do trails since I was a kid building jeeps in high school and running them on the rubicon over the weekends, Break them, then repeat weekly as needed. I currently own a very heavily modded 2020 JLUR but I want something I can tow behind the coach, be able to wheel the shit out of it and still carry the motos. The gladiator checks all my boxes for hoonigan fun. The gladiator is no different than the platform I am running right now (tad longer wheelbase) with 4 link front and rear and is the base to build upon.

2021-02-23(26).jpg
2021-02-23(9).jpg

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
always been a jeep guy and a wheeler, its kinda been my thing to go crawling and do trails since I was a kid building jeeps in high school and running them on the rubicon over the weekends, Break them, then repeat weekly as needed. I currently own a very heavily modded 2020 JLUR but I want something I can tow behind the coach, be able to wheel the shit out of it and still carry the motos. The gladiator checks all my boxes for hoonigan fun. The gladiator is no different than the platform I am running right now (tad longer wheelbase) with 4 link front and rear and is the base to build upon.

View attachment 157334View attachment 157335
nice. what rooftop tent is that?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

View attachment 157334View attachment 157335
But your Jeep doesn't even have those squinty mean face headlight topper things that all the mall-crawlers have. How do you even live with yourself??!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
dream truck....long enough to stretch out in the back...drawbacks....hot as fuck in the summer....cold as fuck in the winter...

Screenshot_20210304-115202_Gallery.jpg

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
you need to follow Icon 4x4, true classic works of art with modern function and performance......at a price of course.
I saw one in telluride that had the worst paint ever...unless they just sell those ICON badges to anyone....they do great work but generally screw the pooch when it comes to wheels and tires...

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I saw one in telluride that had the worst paint ever...unless they just sell those ICON badges to anyone....they do great work but generally screw the pooch when it comes to wheels and tires...
I hang out with Jonathan Ward at SEMA every year, he puts basic stocker style wheels on all his builds to appease the aficionado's at base but knows most will put what they actually want on their rigs anyways. Impossible to make everyone happy and doing custom wheels is a pandoras box of possibilities so he just makes them plain stockish

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I hang out with Jonathan Ward at SEMA every year, he puts basic stocker style wheels on all his builds to appease the aficionado's at base but knows most will put what they actually want on their rigs anyways. Impossible to make everyone happy and doing custom wheels is a pandoras box of possibilities so he just makes them plain stockish
stock rims/hub caps/33x9.5x15 tires = perfection for me...

I am happy he is doing what he is doing.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Test drove a turbo diesel gladiator today and am very impressed, torque for days and very short spool up. Now researching the possibilities of deletes and engine mods before I pull the trigger on a sport level Gladiator.
Good luck with the delete, the EPA has been very aggressive the past few years shutting down companies that provide hardware and software for doing so. Not that you can't find it, cause I'm sure where there's a will there's a way, but its definitely a bit taboo these days.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Good luck with the delete, the EPA has been very aggressive the past few years shutting down companies that provide hardware and software for doing so. Not that you can't find it, cause I'm sure where there's a will there's a way, but its definitely a bit taboo these days.
Goodness, thank you for saying something. I will refrain then. I couldn't imagine the trouble I would have gotten into if you hadn't said something. So grateful for the internetz

on another note. https://www.dirtydieselcustom.ca/products/2014-2018-jeep-ecodiesel-ccs-custom-tuning?variant=12175603826724

50+ HP gains, 120+ torque gains, 4+ MPG gains, Lower EGT's and cold air induction. Ok, twist my arm....

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Goodness, thank you for saying something. I will refrain then. I couldn't imagine the trouble I would have gotten into if you hadn't said something. So grateful for the internetz

on another note. https://www.dirtydieselcustom.ca/products/2014-2018-jeep-ecodiesel-ccs-custom-tuning?variant=12175603826724

50+ HP gains, 120+ torque gains, 4+ MPG gains, Lower EGT's and cold air induction. Ok, twist my arm....
Screenshot_20210304-125710_Chrome.jpg

Road trip!

Unless they don't count ECM tuning out of emissions stuff to fall into emissions equipment removal. Which maybe? Would be an odd distinction to make.

You'd still have to find or make your exhaust stuff and EGR block off. Not a huge obstacle though I suppose. Though your link only covers up to 2018 Gladiators, and I can't speak to the ECM compatibility between 2018s and 2020 or 2021s.

Last edited: