Quantcast

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Guys, does anyone of you know, how they will transport the frames? By ship or by plane? And will they send the frames to the dealers directly from the factory or to their headquarters at first and then to the dealers?
headquarters first. gotta make sure each frame is perfect before they go to the customers

Ryzo

Chimp
Oct 6, 2009
der, i missed that. damn commies.

well, there are some people in Europe that are clamoring to get one.
Can someone over here not buy one then send it out to you? I dont know what would happen with tax and **** but i would do it for somebody. Im sure there are things you could get cheaper in the states if only somebody could do the same for me.:thumb:

Last edited:

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
I might have been willing to do that a month or so ago but alas they don't have my size. I'm rebuilding my trail bike with more all mountain type parts to tie me over till the revolts show up. No racing but at least its not a hardtail. As Ih8rice once eloquently put it, "hardtails suck".

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Can someone over here not buy one then send it out to you? I dont know what would happen with tax and **** but i would do it for somebody. Im sure there are things you could get cheaper in the states if only somebody could do the same for me.:thumb:
i already have one.
i think if you bought it in Europe, the warranty wont apply here in the States.

As Ih8rice once eloquently put it, "hardtails suck".
indeeeeed

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
i already have one.
i think if you bought it in Europe, the warranty wont apply here in the States.

indeeeeed
I am however still a fan of a hardtail for pumptrack and street duties but I think a well built 20" can do the job just as well, especially since there aren't any dirt jumps around.

Ryzo

Chimp
Oct 6, 2009
Ah, never thought about the warranty right enough. I suppose you could take the gamble on parts but not a £2250 frame.

You got me thinking about warranty now, i just remembered i dont think i ever filled in my card that came with the frame.

WBC

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
PNW
AFAIK at least Europe ones are shipped directly from TW here.

And as far as Fanatik goes, yes they got the first batch of new frames already ...teh envy :(
Maybe you'd have yours if you were as fanatikal about getting your frame as they are theirs! ;)

I'm not waiting on a Revolt, but I am waiting on a frame from a different mfg'er. It's never fun to wait, but man the way those frames ride will make it worth it!

Last summer (2009) I sold my Turner in early June, told I would get my new frame later that month. I built up my DH bike with the new frame Sept 6th, and that was a US frame that didn't have to deal with the complexities of outsourced manufacturing, customs, int'l freight, etc. I pre-registered (paid upfront) for a number of races including the Exodus, and I bought a season's pass to Whistler. I put one day on the pass.

That was lame. Know what was awesome? Times like these you learn how amazingly fun it can be to get into other forms of riding. I rediscovered my 5" trailbike last summer waiting for my DH bike. Waiting right now isn't too painful as I still have my trailbike to rally, and I am honestly having so much damn fun on it. Sometimes I even take it to shuttle the sikky gnar! It helps keep it in perspective that new DH frames are awesome and I want one, but I definitely don't need it. I also have more time to get drunk as ****!

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
Well, no one could tell me if I would actually be getting a frame in the next few months or not so I pulled the plug and ordered up the last remaining frame from Fanatik minutes ago, its a medium I originally was after a small, its glowstick yellow, originally was after anno black. Sometimes you gotta make compromises, the medium should work out ok I'm about 5'9" and have always ridden medium bikes I just figured this time I would give shorte top tubes a whirl oh well.

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
Well, no one could tell me if I would actually be getting a frame in the next few months or not so I pulled the plug and ordered up the last remaining frame from Fanatik minutes ago, its a medium I originally was after a small, its glowstick yellow, originally was after anno black. Sometimes you gotta make compromises, the medium should work out ok I'm about 5'9" and have always ridden medium bikes I just figured this time I would give shorte top tubes a whirl oh well.
Awesome color IMO. Post some pics when you get it built! :thumb:

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Has anyone measured the wheelbase for a L and XL? I'm between 6' and 6'1, and debating between these two sizes. My R9 has a WB of 47.5, and I'm generally a fan of long and stable DH bikes.

Can anyone comment on long-term durability of these frames? Again to compare, my R9 is now on it's 4th year round season, with no signs of failing yet. I can break frames and components, a lot, so this bike has given me a new standard of durability. I'd like to get something similarly as well built.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Has anyone measured the wheelbase for a L and XL? I'm between 6' and 6'1, and debating between these two sizes. My R9 has a WB of 47.5, and I'm generally a fan of long and stable DH bikes.

Can anyone comment on long-term durability of these frames? Again to compare, my R9 is now on it's 4th year round season, with no signs of failing yet. I can break frames and components, a lot, so this bike has given me a new standard of durability. I'd like to get something similarly as well built.
i just measured my large with a Evo Ti pushed down to the MIN markings and i believe it was 48 1/8" or so. thats in the slackest/lowest setting.
im 6'2" and the bike feels pretty long with this fork, but i love it that way. DW commented on how racked out it is.

so far besides for the hardware issues, my frame is rock solid. all the tubing and joints are pretty burly and im not really sure what would actually fail first if anything at all.
i can see on the original frames without the brace, the TT/ST joint might have a issue, but all new frames have the brace.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Wow, that's pretty far off from both the geo numbers on the first page, and the numbers on the Evil site. Good though, the numbers on the site sounded short.

I had heard of a couple failures around the ST/TT, so good to know that's been addressed.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Wow, that's pretty far off from both the geo numbers on the first page, and the numbers on the Evil site. Good though, the numbers on the site sounded short.

I had heard of a couple failures around the ST/TT, so good to know that's been addressed.
wait, measuring fail on my end. 47 1/8". :rant:
silly me forgot i didnt use the end of the tape and started 1" in

there could have been a issue with that junction, but thankfully all new frames have that extra tube.

Last edited:

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.

Get the Large. I'm just under 6'3 and I ride a large. the XL is BIG!

-KT

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
That makes sense. I guess 47" is acceptable.

How does the back of the Revolt compare to the back end of the DHR on really fast rocky stuff? That bike did NOT do well on super choppy stuff...big reason why I sold it. Great geo, **** suspension action.

WBC

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
PNW
That makes sense. I guess 47" is acceptable.

How does the back of the Revolt compare to the back end of the DHR on really fast rocky stuff? That bike did NOT do well on super choppy stuff...big reason why I sold it. Great geo, **** suspension action.
I used to own a DHR, and I've ridden the Revolt. The Revolt is a lot better on the choppy stuff than the DHR. I loved my DHR, but the Revolt is a much faster frame through the rough stuff and probably overall. Pedals a lot better too. Braking is about the same. I think a lot of it's due to the higher pivot point and more linear suspension on the Evil.

Last edited:

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
The DHR definitely had a low pivot, and a really progressive linkage. Back end did not want to stay on the ground and did not want to hold speed.

So what do people NOT like about the Revolt?

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
Im 6'2" 220, have one of the original frames (without the brace) and im ridden the **** out of this bike. about 3 times a week in cali for almost the first full year, then every weekend for the last 6months or so and it shows every signs of any weakness or failure.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
So what do people NOT like about the Revolt?
the flip chip hardware.
its a HUGE PITA

i also didnt like the RC4 i had on there, but i think it was the World Cup tune that the shock had....ive ridden other bikes with a RC4 and still didnt like em
i kept getting different answers whether or not the WC RC4's had a different tune to them and a Fox rep finally said yes this past weekend

Last edited:

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Im 6'2" 220, have one of the original frames (without the brace) and im ridden the **** out of this bike. about 3 times a week in cali for almost the first full year, then every weekend for the last 6months or so and it shows every signs of any weakness or failure.
Was that last sentence a typo?

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
Guys, I'm 6'4" and a kind of leggy. I've ordered the XL size, do you think it will be too large for me ? I heard, that Revolts are a little bit smaller that other bikes. Thanks
Well, my inseam is 34 and there was plenty of room in the top tube for me on the XL. I'm not a fan of riding off the back of the bike. I like to stand on the pedals and have room for my knees before they hit the handlebars...

I came off a Rocky Flatline (large) and the Revolt felt similar but a touch longer... Sounds to me like the XL will fit you fine otherwise.

Svobodarider

Chimp
Jun 3, 2010
Czech Republic
Well, my inseam is 34 and there was plenty of room in the top tube for me on the XL. I'm not a fan of riding off the back of the bike. I like to stand on the pedals and have room for my knees before they hit the handlebars...

I came off a Rocky Flatline (large) and the Revolt felt similar but a touch longer... Sounds to me like the XL will fit you fine otherwise.
Well, I've read in this thread, that somebody measured the reach of his L size Revolt and it was 391mm, which is bloody short for the L in my opinion. So I decided for XL and now I see, everybody writes, how long it is. It makes me a little bit confused...

Frisco

Chimp
Jan 16, 2002
Vancouver, WA
I'm 6' 4" (actually closer to 6' 3.5") and have been riding the XL for a bit. I definitely think you got the right size frame for your height. The bike feels perfect for my height and I definitely woudn't want it any smaller. I know it's personal preference. However, I've let quite a few people close to my height ride it and they all had the same reaction.

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
Is any one of you guys in the 5'8-5'10 area height wise? If so are you on a small or medium frame? I am starting to have buyers remorse regarding the medium frame I ordered, I have always ridden mediums in the past but the tt of the Revolt is about .4" longer than anything I have ridden in the past (trail bikes aside). I usually prefer bikes I can move around on without feeling like I am riding off the back a lot of the time. What do you guys think? Should I cancel it and hope that a small comes in in the future. Or build it first ride it and go from there? There is a few changes I can make to have the bike fit better (shorter stem, etc.) but I am afraid of it feeling too long. Thanks in advance.

WBC

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
PNW
Is any one of you guys in the 5'8-5'10 area height wise? If so are you on a small or medium frame? I am starting to have buyers remorse regarding the medium frame I ordered, I have always ridden mediums in the past but the tt of the Revolt is about .4" longer than anything I have ridden in the past (trail bikes aside). I usually prefer bikes I can move around on without feeling like I am riding off the back a lot of the time. What do you guys think? Should I cancel it and hope that a small comes in in the future. Or build it first ride it and go from there? There is a few changes I can make to have the bike fit better (shorter stem, etc.) but I am afraid of it feeling too long. Thanks in advance.
I'm 5'9" and used to always ride size small frames (Sunday, Demo, etc) and while my DHR was my first medium it was pretty short. My 951 was my first true medium and it felt really awkward at first...maybe first day of riding? I demo'd a revolt and found it felt similar to the med 951 I was on. Comfortable going back and forth. Anyway, the long TT is so money once you're used to it. I'm back on my old small Sunday right now and it feels like a deathtrap compared to the 951/revolt length TT. Go with it, you won't regret it.

For reference, my riding is all around Bham and N Van. Steep, tech, etc. Also rode the 951 a bunch in NZ... full on moto fast down there. Money all over. Long TT is the way!

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
Awesome! Thanks a ton for your response, I'm stoked as all get out to get it built up now. What you say about the long top tube makes perfect sense.

Jason4

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Bellingham
I'm between 5'8" and 5'9" and I have been riding a medium Revolt for a year now and couldn't be happier with the size. I'm riding a lot in Whistler and Bellingham too.

WBC

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
PNW
Awesome! Thanks a ton for your response, I'm stoked as all get out to get it built up now. What you say about the long top tube makes perfect sense.
Yeah, I didn't make much sense last night, but basically it allows you to sit a lot more "in" the bike like they always say. You're not hanging off the back the whole time so you can dig the front of the bike in around the turns, you're a lot more balanced and stable, the bike floats over holes a lot better. Much faster, much more stable. The tradeoff is when you're riding really tech trails, but even then it's easier to adapt the long bike to the tight trails, than to make the short bike not flip you over the handlebars when you're flat out. Riding that size small Sunday I have been going over the handlebars nearly every run...I feel more comfortable shuttling my trailbike (5" Fluid) than I do my DH bike!

Andrei

Chimp
May 15, 2009
If anyone is looking for a lightly used Revolt I have mine on sale. http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/652331/ . Also, we have one more frame, size S in anodized black, which was a "shop display" so that one will also go cheaper than the retail. @Victor, I'm in the same camp with you now, waiting for the new ones to arrive. :D

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
Yeah, I didn't make much sense last night, but basically it allows you to sit a lot more "in" the bike like they always say. You're not hanging off the back the whole time so you can dig the front of the bike in around the turns, you're a lot more balanced and stable, the bike floats over holes a lot better. Much faster, much more stable. The tradeoff is when you're riding really tech trails, but even then it's easier to adapt the long bike to the tight trails, than to make the short bike not flip you over the handlebars when you're flat out. Riding that size small Sunday I have been going over the handlebars nearly every run...I feel more comfortable shuttling my trailbike (5" Fluid) than I do my DH bike!
Gotcha, that seems to be sound reason to go with the slightly longer size.

MTB is a bit funny like that I guess, looking at moto where you would think fit would be a more important thing its a non issue.

Glisseur

Chimp
Jan 16, 2009
Åre, Sweden
Latest update from Gabe/Evil HQ:

"As you know we have been faced with some serious q/c issues at the factory.
Our engineer is currently in Taiwan trying to resolve these issues and hopefully be able to ship these frames in the next few days.
We are incredibly sorry for the delay on these frames as we really wish we could ship all of these frames right now.

We will have made some decisions in the next few days on how we will deal with this global nightmare."

Svobodarider

Chimp
Jun 3, 2010
Czech Republic
Latest update from Gabe/Evil HQ:

"As you know we have been faced with some serious q/c issues at the factory.
Our engineer is currently in Taiwan trying to resolve these issues and hopefully be able to ship these frames in the next few days.
We are incredibly sorry for the delay on these frames as we really wish we could ship all of these frames right now.

We will have made some decisions in the next few days on how we will deal with this global nightmare."
THX. Keep us informed. Because in my case, Gabe doesn't answer my emails at all...

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
THX. Keep us informed. Because in my case, Gabe doesn't answer my emails at all...
With you being in the CR, your emails may be going to his spam folder. Gabe is pretty spot on when it comes to answering emails. Try a different email account.

Glisseur

Chimp
Jan 16, 2009
Åre, Sweden
Just found a 2009 Revolt online that I consider getting. Can't deal with being without a bike for much longer and based off Gabe's last update things might take a while if worse comes to worse. Anyone knows the differences between the -09 and -10 models, if any? Linkage, frame, whatever.