Quantcast

The Freecaster/WC coverage 2012 thread

Gunner

Monkey
May 6, 2003
Framingham, MA
Freecaster's last tweet: "@DirtMagazine expect some announcement from Freecaster this WE about DHI 2012. Time has come for us to do more than provide tv coverage"

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
they were part of the 7 other teams of the FOTA. Ferrari was the one who was singled out by the FIA though
The other s were ready to break away long before, Ferrari only joined in when their extra payments were stopped. That would be like UCI paying TWR part of the Freecaster money and nobody else.

IU'm thinking Whitley should team up with Flavio Briatore, he's got nothing better to do (Flav that is).

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
From Dirt's latest post: apparently the UCI didn't ban Billy according to their own website. But he actually is still banned. This is just strange.

https://www.facebook.com/UCIMTBworldcup

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unban-Billy-at-Dirt-from-Filming-Champery/149874635099700
Freecaster's last tweet: "@DirtMagazine expect some announcement from Freecaster this WE about DHI 2012. Time has come for us to do more than provide tv coverage"
I'm soooo confused. wtf is going on?! (I can't access fesse-book or tweeter from work)

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
FIA or whatever they were called were calling the tv shots in F1 and it worked(well kinda, they didnt break away but got what they wanted) so dont be so pessimistic
FIA is the governing body and never handled tv rights for F1. Bernie has controlled all of that

The other s were ready to break away long before, Ferrari only joined in when their extra payments were stopped. That would be like UCI paying TWR part of the Freecaster money and nobody else.
nope, Ferrari was the first to talk about a breakaway after negotiations of the Concorde Agreement failed (originally in 2004)....the other 7 teams of the FOTA soon joined in 2009 in the rumormill. a agreement was soon reached in 2009 but every year since, Ferrari has talked about leaving the series.

/derail

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Some more on this Sietse Schelpe character.

http://www.blackhatworld.com/blackhat-seo/buy-sell-services/81656-article-writer-available-1-per-100-words-well-researched-100-unique-articles-3.html

Re: Article Writer Available||$1 per 100 words ||Well Researched & 100% Unique Articles
i am looking for a service like your but it has to be long term.
can you do this i added you on gmail
sietse.schelpe@gmail.com
This was in response to this posting

Article Writer Available||$1 per 100 words ||Well Researched & 100% Unique Articles
My name is Anuj, and i along with my writers have been providing fresh, 100% unique content to whomsoever needs it.

WHY CHOOSE US?

There are a lot of free-lance writers working the 'net, so what's so special about us? We have a stable of experienced, versatile writers with a wide variety of styles. Whatever your creative or factual requirements, we have the solution tailored to your specifications. From the technical to the medical, humorous to factual, we can supply any type of article you need by the deadline you specify.

Our writers come from all over the globe and all walks of life, education levels and age ranges. Mrs. Steele, for example, studied journalism as a young adult and as the parent of two grown sons now has time to put that knowledge to work. Our other writers range from talented young people just starting out with a fresh perspective to older, more experienced veterans who enjoy their craft. Your requests are always assigned to the writer who can best fulfill the need, not just the next one in line. Our clients always come first.

WHAT WE OFFER:

If you're looking for the highest quality compositions at competitive prices, we have exactly what you need. We offer original, well-researched articles of every type on any subject with flawless spelling and grammar at affordable prices. Your satisfaction is guaranteed; re-writes are done at no additional cost we will never miss a deadline. All articles are checked for unique content to insure that you get the quality content that you deserve.

Our Prices are $0.01 per word, and for article re-writes $0.008 per word.
Also if you want to see samples of our previous work let me know

Discount Packages

1)15 articles
Each article 500+ words
Original Price----$75
Discounted Price-$70

2)30 articles
Each article 500+ words
Original Price----$150
Discounted Price-$135

You can also place a more customized order(ie number of articles, number of words.)
Note: The above pricing is according to 500 word article.

Mode of payment --Paypal only(masspay if possible)

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUERIES IN YOUR MIND OR WANT TO DISCUSS ANY THING WITH US, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME AT:
anuj445@yahoo.com
OR
Gtalk
anuj2911@gmail.com
We look forward for your offers.
Thank you
This seems more and more like a con job. Surprised no journalist in the cycling industry have followed up on this story.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Some more gold.

Evidence that he wanted to buy twitter followers

Evidence of him trying to fake traffic

Evidence of him trying to fake refer google analytics

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
I'm starting to think one of two things happened...

a) the UCI was INCREDIBLY STUPID and got conned by this dude and will fix the situation

b) the UCI was in on it all along and not only is this the biggest news to happen to the MTB world in a long time but this could also be the end of MTB involvement with the UCI--which is a good thing IMO.

karpi

Monkey
Apr 17, 2006
Santiasco, Chile
The one company that seems like it would have the greatest ability to do anything would be Shimano. As the presenting sponsor of the World Cup series, I imagine they would have some pretty decent monetary pull. Shimano needs to tell UCI they want (and expect) the freecaster coverage, the Dirt TV coverage, the Vital Coverage, Pinkbike coverage etc...

I'm to the point where I hope the sponsors tell UCI to f*ck off. DH isn't in the olympics, it never will be in the olympics. We don't need the IOC, the UCI , (or USAC).

Lock JDD and Martin Whitley down in a room and don't let them come out until we have a DH federation and a new series.

-KT
if only this would be...

So, as off now, rocky roads is just a big froud to what looks like a bunch of amateurs trying to make big bucks of the bike industry... shame!

The general consensus would be to have the big company's, ie: SRAM, Shimano, Spec, Trek and Giant to form a break away Union only for DH? mmm, it would have to be DH and something else to be really worthwhile since DH in comparison to any other discipline in the bike industry (asides from BMX) isnt really thaaat big (although its always growing) thus maybe not that relevant to persue something like this, right?

scottishmark

Turbo Monkey
May 20, 2002
Somewhere dark, cold & wet....
it would have to be DH and something else to be really worthwhile since DH in comparison to any other discipline in the bike industry (asides from BMX) isnt really thaaat big (although its always growing) thus maybe not that relevant to persue something like this, right?
depends on whether or not the industry sees DH as an advert for the brand rather than just the bike. Again another F1 comparison, Mercedes don't think they're gonna get customers in the showroom buying race cars on the monday after a GP - so do Giant/Specialized/Trek/etc feel the same way?

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Again another F1 comparison, Mercedes don't think they're gonna get customers in the showroom buying race cars on the monday after a GP - so do Giant/Specialized/Trek/etc feel the same way?
huge difference. you cant go to a store and buy a F1 car but you can go to a store and ride/buy a bike almost identical to what the pros are riding

MFrider

Monkey
Jul 10, 2009
The East
You are the freaking worst. Spill.
I think it awesome the way he leaves us all on the edge of our seats. He must get some good information and it probably kills him that he cannot say anything. If he does then he will lose trust with his contacts.

I trust something is going to come of this, not sure if it will be good or bad. The big companies (Trek, Specialized, Giant, SRAM and Shimano) will not do anything, unfortunately if they did I think the UCI would find a way to screw them in road.

I agree DH should find it's own association, but if it is in the red for the UCI, how do you get investors to take it on? I know it could make money if run correctly and given the proper attention, but it does not look good on paper.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Can't help it with the sleuthing.

Any Belgian monkey's that can translate this?

http://www.wbv-antwerpen.be/pages/contact.php

It appear our friend is one of the heads of the MTB side of this "UCI affiliated" group. Although I must say, I have serious doubts of how legitimate this website/group is and if it is real.

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
I'm stuck in the "unlock content" loop - anyone else having this problem? I click unlock, it sends me to the "Thank you for purchasing "World Championships Pass"! ...

Man, this sucks.

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
I'm stuck in the "unlock content" loop - anyone else having this problem? I click unlock, it sends me to the "Thank you for purchasing "World Championships Pass"! ...

Man, this sucks.
"If you still see the "Unlock" button in the player, wait a few seconds and reload the page. The databases are a few seconds behind due to the big audience. Thanks for your patience!"

EVIL JN

Monkey
Jul 24, 2009
If you have payed it will work if you just click on the live feed, it dosent need any code to become unlocked

Shepherdwong

Monkey
Apr 19, 2005
Keeps saying I must unlock the content. Even though I'm accessing the page through the link to content I've purchased in my own profile.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
ha, pretty sure I just saw fraser's grill on the freecaster feed. bright yellow shirt, big camera.