Quantcast

The last person to post a picture from their last bike ride wins access to the white courtesy phone.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
my youngest is still at home recovering from his injury. it was a beautiful day today, so I took him out for a ride. the city grooms the multi-use pathway (don't call it a bike path!) along the river in the winter for skiing and fatbiking. It's actually pretty cool to have this, as it connects the suburbs all the way to downtown. we live 200 yards from it.
FYI I can see none of your pics. Where are you hosting 'em?

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
FYI I can see none of your pics. Where are you hosting 'em?
I have to figure something out. Apparently some people can see my pictures and others can't. I can't figure out why. I cut and paste the link from google photos. in my settings, "anyone with the link" can see them... I might have to explore another photo sharing option... what's the easiest one out there (to use with Google Photos)?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I have to figure something out. Apparently some people can see my pictures and others can't. I can't figure out why. I cut and paste the link from google photos. in my settings, "anyone with the link" can see them... I might have to explore another photo sharing option... what's the easiest one out there (to use with Google Photos)?
copy and paste the photo, not the link.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
OK! let's try this again:

my youngest is still at home recovering from his injury. it was a beautiful day today, so I took him out for a ride. the city grooms the multi-use pathway (don't call it a bike path!) along the river in the winter for skiing and fatbiking. It's actually pretty cool to have this, as it connects the suburbs all the way to downtown. we live 200 yards from it.
1582645539893.png

1582645621890.png

we even saw a fox out on the ice :
1582645572605.png

from my fatbike ride Sunday (t'was another beautiful day):
1582645479600.png

1582645506342.png

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
i wish i had winter riding conditions that good
You really wish for 6 months of that?
the fatbiking is really quite good here, once the season is in full swing (late January to mid-march). There's at least 5-6 different riding areas that are good for 2-4 hours of riding each.

but it's still fatbiking :D. It turns all our tech-gnar natural trails into flow trails... :/ it's fun while it lasts, but I still missing riding on dirt, and appreciate it that much more once spring rolls around.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
the fatbiking is really quite good here, once the season is in full swing (late January to mid-march). but it's still fatbiking :D. It turns all our tech-gnar natural trails into flow trails... :/ it's fun while it lasts, but I still missing riding on dirt, and appreciate it that much more once spring rolls around.
Right on! Fun for a few months, but I quickly miss Le gnar.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Ongoing not riding with @jackalope. Major revisions to our jump trail that has been more or less static for like 7 years. Real excited for the changes. Trail pup Winter fears change and is protecting the soon to be demolished old lander. Old girl will eventually be on board.

IMG_8367.jpg

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
@jstuhlman

Me neither. Wife and daughter don't want anything to do with something like that but I need to go check that thing out. Looks sweeet. I'll need a little practice before hitting it though....