Quantcast

The last person to post a picture from their last bike ride wins access to the white courtesy phone.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Thank you. I am a vaguely talented hack amateur.
All your food pics look delicious. I wish I had ambition to cook.
Thank you. I am a vaguely talented hack amateur. All it is, is practice. And chemistry. And patience. You can do it. What is your favorite thing to eat?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Tried to convince wife we should head there for festivus. The 24hr drive in winter conditions is the problem.
How bad could it be*?

*remembers back a few years ago hitting a gnarly snow storm outside of Buffalo and almost getting blown off the freeway by the winds. Or the time the blue ridge parkway froze over in ice and we somehow ended up at the top of it on an empty tank of gas.

Yeah, should be an easy drive! :busted:

sundaydoug

Monkey
Jun 8, 2009
Thank you. I am a vaguely talented hack amateur. All it is, is practice. And chemistry. And patience. You can do it. What is your favorite thing to eat?
Looking up recipes is easy enough, and I have the patience. When I actually put an effort into cooking it usually comes out pretty well. I'm becoming a big fan of veggie-based meals. It's so simple but my favorite thing to eat lately is cut-up roasted potatoes with a little oil, garlic salt, and Mrs. Dash. Bake for an hour at 400deg and eat with ketchup and a healthy side of steamed broccoli.

If I could add a few more easy veggie-based meals like that to my repertoire I'd be set. Doesn't take much to please me in terms of food, but at 40 I'm trying to become less concerned with how it tastes and more concerned with how it's going to make me feel.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Looking up recipes is easy enough, and I have the patience. When I actually put an effort into cooking it usually comes out pretty well. I'm becoming a big fan of veggie-based meals. It's so simple but my favorite thing to eat lately is cut-up roasted potatoes with a little oil, garlic salt, and Mrs. Dash. Bake for an hour at 400deg and eat with ketchup and a healthy side of steamed broccoli.

If I could add a few more easy veggie-based meals like that to my repertoire I'd be set. Doesn't take much to please me in terms of food, but at 40 I'm trying to become less concerned with how it tastes and more concerned with how it's going to make me feel.
I'm a big fan of roasted veggies over white rice with either a creamy sriracha or vinegarette. Sweet potato, onion, brocolli and carrots in particular make for a nice combo, you can even toss some pickled beet or cucumber in there too and toasted sesame seeds.

I also like to make a Greek bowl. White rice, English cucumber, cherry tomato, cannellini beans, cilantro, hummus, tzaziki, and feta. Toss it up, sprinkle some tasty salt on top, and go to town. Falafel would be a nice addition too.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
22km night ride, last night. At least one person was a little grouchy by the end of it. Sorry not sorry. It wasn't my choice to start the ride by climbing a ski hill... :busted:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Not packed enough yet, gotta get back out tomorrow with snowshoes. Recruiting people right now.

_r63GPsZHX8-LTLPtRkUPlQSF8QW1UW1HvAWswgS-bk-1536x2048.jpg

N3SSyivWqJghZ4_AwRIGbok7bz4DHd2o3pNBKZjy-mE-1536x2048.jpg