Quantcast

The last person to post a picture from their last bike ride wins access to the white courtesy phone.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
So do you live there? Right on the lake?
Thats a private park at the end of the road, makes for a nice beer spot for when I remember the keys to the gate.

Don't live on the water though, we're a few hundred meters up the road across from this.

This is on Cook's Bay, in Simcoe. Its super shallow so great for swimming as it warms up pretty quickly. But you have to walk a hundred or so meters out into the water before it gets deep enough to really swim or float.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I was in St-Donat yesterday and almost all leaves are down.
all in took was a bit of rain and a lot of wind! Leafer season here has been curtailed thanks to the crummy weather this past weekend. didn't have to deal with brutal traffic thanks to the rain. who knew going for a drive in wet weather would turn people away!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
all in took was a bit of rain and a lot of wind! Leafer season here has been curtailed thanks to the crummy weather this past weekend. didn't have to deal with brutal traffic thanks to the rain. who knew going for a drive in wet weather would turn people away!
That didn't deter the crazy folks in Algonquin park and where I rode on Saturday, the parking lots were all freaking full.

Luckily where I rode, no one really hikes out past the first rock lookout thing, so I was all by myself past that point (90% of the ride). :D

I need to start a new pet-peeves thread - I watched some lady get back to her car with a dog on one of those dangerous extendo-matic dog leashes. She hopped in the car, rolled down the window and flicked her cigarette butt out into the parking lot. I'm sure she left some bagged up dog shit in a tree somewhere as well.... :banghead: anyways.....

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
That didn't deter the crazy folks in Algonquin park and where I rode on Saturday, the parking lots were all freaking full.

Luckily where I rode, no one really hikes out past the first rock lookout thing, so I was all by myself past that point (90% of the ride). :D

I need to start a new pet-peeves thread - I watched some lady get back to her car with a dog on one of those dangerous extendo-matic dog leashes. She hopped in the car, rolled down the window and flicked her cigarette butt out into the parking lot. I'm sure she left some bagged up dog shit in a tree somewhere as well.... :banghead: anyways.....
inconsiderate dog owners are the worst. my wife came home from her "Ski-4-life" boot camp thing yesterday smeared in dog shit. They do it at a park outdoors, and it's dark this time of year. Her and another woman had it all up the side of their legs and hands. Fucking a-hole irresponsible dog owners... >:(:butcher:

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Motivation seems to have vanished today. I’ll see if I can muster the strength to leave the house to search for it. First place I’m going to look is the donut shop. If it’s not there then surely it’s in the meat section of the grocery store or hiding inside the grill.

Wish me luck.
Buy a cake

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Not a thrilling picture, but it was great to get out. There is this group of really excellent moto Trails. Not too difficult technically, but really
1000004467.jpg
1000004470.jpg
fast. The berms and turns are a wee bit too tight for a lot of moto riders. But it is WAY too steep for pedal-bikes.
Well, on a full power Ebike, they are INSANELY fun, and a solid workout.
Stoked to have a new local playground that rocks. No hikers, equestrians, in fact, almost no motos.
Heaven in the middle of nowhere.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Tis raining, but the trails are dry. Forest was packed today with day walkers, jeebus.

Anyone know what this carpet like stuff is? I assume it's invasive?