Quantcast

The non-political Rippin Chix Pix Thread.....

hiddenblue

Chimp
Jan 26, 2005
Bay Area, CA
I'm all new to mtb, thanks to my husband. We are just starting out on XC and I am freaking out with my new clipless pedals on little single track hills! Seeing you girls rockin' on this DH stuff gives me a lot of hope! Props to you all!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
hiddenblue said:
I'm all new to mtb, thanks to my husband. We are just starting out on XC and I am freaking out with my new clipless pedals on little single track hills! Seeing you girls rockin' on this DH stuff gives me a lot of hope! Props to you all!
:D Welcome to the sport! I too got into biking with my husband and now I find that I am the one pushing us to go places and ride more...it's only a matter of time until you'll be there just remember to have fun!!!!

I can remember how freaked out I was when I first rode with clipless pedals. What kind are you using? I switched form Shimano to Time pedals and it's been heaven! I find the Time pedals shed mud a lot better and are easier to get into and out of for me. Good luck!!!

Freak

Aug 15, 2001
Redmond, Washington
lilstinky said:
WOW!!! You gals are an inspiration. Chix Rock!!! Some day Ill be worthy of posting a pic in a thread labeled "Rippin Chix"
Hey, as long as you're having fun, then your Rippin!! So if you have pics, go ahead and post them!:thumb:

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
TreeSaw said:
:D Welcome to the sport! I too got into biking with my husband and now I find that I am the one pushing us to go places and ride more...it's only a matter of time until you'll be there just remember to have fun!!!!

I can remember how freaked out I was when I first rode with clipless pedals. What kind are you using? I switched form Shimano to Time pedals and it's been heaven! I find the Time pedals shed mud a lot better and are easier to get into and out of for me. Good luck!!!
Another Time fan!!! I loooove their pedals. I actually rode xc pedals on my dh bike for quite a few years until their new ones came out because I just couldn't bring myself to run anything else.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
lilstinky said:
WOW!!! You gals are an inspiration. Chix Rock!!! Some day Ill be worthy of posting a pic in a thread labeled "Rippin Chix"
No need to worry ;) I don't do anything cool and they let me post pics too LOL....just kidding...we all have to start somewhere! Just remember to have fun and you're golden! :D

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Velocity Girl said:
Another Time fan!!! I loooove their pedals. I actually rode xc pedals on my dh bike for quite a few years until their new ones came out because I just couldn't bring myself to run anything else.
YEAH! I am glad I am not the only one! They have REALLY helped my riding. In one year I have gotten WAY more confident (both XC and DH) and am much more committed to lines because I find them much more useable than my old Shimano cleats and I know that I can get in and out of them fast! :D

flydi007

Chimp
Feb 16, 2005
asleep at my desk
here's me going reeeeeaaaaalllllly slow in my first dh race in angel fire, nm. it kicked my ass but it was fun-seeing all of these other pics of girls going huge gives me so much inspiration!

Attachments

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
flydi007 said:
here's me going reeeeeaaaaalllllly slow in my first dh race in angel fire, nm. it kicked my ass but it was fun-seeing all of these other pics of girls going huge gives me so much inspiration!
Congrats on your first DH race! Nice picture :thumb:

I just finished my third DH race last weekend (came in a VERY close second). The pictures of all the other girls on here have always been an inspiration to me. I hope they continue to post more of them :)

Race run

dhjill

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
SD Cali
Nice pic, Heather! You look mahhhvelous! Congrats on the finish...won't be long till you're standing on top on a regular basis! :)

rainbow_smoke

Monkey
Sep 19, 2003
Bellingham, WA
went out and tried hitting a launch ramp for the first time. don't have any pics yet of me actually doing it straight on. but here is one of me going off the side. (I have to work up to things)

also there is a funny pic of me right after dropping a small stair set, and my bike compressed. I think it looks pretty funny!

Attachments

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Shyrmp said:
Congrats on your first DH race! Nice picture :thumb:

I just finished my third DH race last weekend (came in a VERY close second). The pictures of all the other girls on here have always been an inspiration to me. I hope they continue to post more of them :)
:dancing: Holy crap! You're really ripping it up out there....can't wait 'til we can get together to ride again. Congrats on the excellent finish! :thumb:

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
flydi007 said:
So i came across this pic of me from last year doing my first jump in NM and i figured i'd post it. weeeeeee!
Portland huh?? I'm in Corvallis. Might we know eachother??

rzozaya1969

Chimp
May 3, 2005
Shyrmp said:
For me this year was all about learning new skills......

Oh yeah and learning to ride clipless......:p
Everything looks pretty neat... except that you also learned to ride helmetless!

Anyway, have fun!

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
April Lawyer

Anka Martin

A friend of mine took those at a local race on Sunday. Those girls are fast.

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
Carbon Fetish said:
BTW, I love April's and Anka's number plates
I guess they must have ran out of plates. After all, there were 145 people racing. (big for this area)

I was somewhat confused as to why Anka was wearing a Honda/Turner jersey but racing an Intense... :think:

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
Carbon Fetish said:
I miss Anka. She is such a sweetheart. That remind me, I need to send Sevanka a house warming gift. BTW, I love April's and Anka's number plates
Did anka and sven move to bend also?? I noticed they were in the results for the Spring Thaw race in Ashland. That's a long ways from SoCal!

Carbon Fetish

Monkey
May 6, 2002
Irvine, CA
.:Jeenyus:. said:
I was somewhat confused as to why Anka was wearing a Honda/Turner jersey but racing an Intense... :think:
Shhh... Good question. I think the small 5 spot is too big for her so thats the "lowest" travel bike she has for now. The Honda Turner team has protype 4X bikes but maybe she wanted more travel. It looks like April was racing on a 5.5 too.

DH Diva said:
Did anka and sven move to bend also?? I noticed they were in the results for the Spring Thaw race in Ashland. That's a long ways from SoCal!
Yup, they moved after Sea Otter.