Quantcast

The preposterous portfolio and tumultuous trading thread (*At your own risk)

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Just seems strange that things were flat yesterday on the news, but today... :confused:

I mean - I'm not *complaining* 'cause that shit's gonna pay off my mortgage.

:fancy:
The aftermarket shuffle to get orders in at the ring of the bell to save money on orders. Not much volume so it was pretty mild. Could see it go another 5% by the end of the week since the math adds up on the stock and the chart pans out. Lots of folks will see that change over the week in their screeners and go to pretiming to judge the price and future. I suspect there will be a bunch of folks buying the slope then it will settle but the chart shows a nice rise over time.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Going to see the retail market tremble and a bit of a frenzy this week and especially if the Ruski's decide to mag dump. Foreign stocks will get very weak as well as the domestic retail sector support since retail investors will be frantic. For the rest of us it gives us a chance to get in on some symbols on opening of monday to find some gains in the name of conflict

My personal short orders for monday mornings long term plays using overseas market selloffs and domestic gains consisting of oil, gas, defense, ammo, and some conflict affected ETF's. Will definitely be some more major (wartime) symbols if or when things get serious but I dont see the need to jump on those band wagons until I see the charts move. I personally like to be ahead of the curve rather than get in on the momentum.

Screen Shot 2022-02-12 at 1.34.21 PM.png

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
If you own some moderna you may want to shave or short on monday

Quote: Fact-checkers have pointed out that Bancel’s stock sales were scheduled in advance.

I give very little consideration when they are pre-scheduled sales. He probably deleted the Twitter acct because of this shit. I would preemptively too.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Quote: Fact-checkers have pointed out that Bancel’s stock sales were scheduled in advance.

I give very little consideration when they are pre-scheduled sales. He probably deleted the Twitter acct because of this shit. I would preemptively too.
I wasn't following the reasoning I was just following the price trigger actions, it dropped @28 bucks in a trading day.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
ARK taking a BEATING. I know its tech heavy and tech has taken it's lumps, but damn, theyve taken a serious bruising. Perhaps Cathie Wood isn't the second coming of WB after all...

gonefirefightin

free wieners
ARK taking a BEATING. I know its tech heavy and tech has taken it's lumps, but damn, theyve taken a serious bruising. Perhaps Cathie Wood isn't the second coming of WB after all...
ARKK does not look good at all, in fact it has hit it bottom resistance. From my side of the fence, now is when you would get in

Edit: after going back and looking at the 40 or so positions that make up the fund I dont think it will recover too well or anytime soon. The only positions in the fund that seem to be doing well is telsa, shopify, zoom and few other biggies but it was based heavy on palintir and its chronies or similar positions that essentially got cut in half.

Last edited:

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Even though Russia wont open their trading markets due to the severe instability and ultimate crash that would happen if they did, you can get a good idea of how bad their situation actually is with some of their ETF's that were globally traded.

The Cost per 1 unit of this Russia fund: Feb 16th -> $10,576 March 2nd -> $0.93 USD