Quantcast

the random thought thread

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Tim Hortons cups should be made to decompose after a month of being wet. They're about as common as pinecones in some forests here...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
If I forward a ticket to another section of the help desk, why would you then forward it back to me saying to please process it?! Hello McFly, I forwarded it for a reason.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
The Russian Curling girl I currently have a huge crush on might have to give her Bronze Medal back for Doping. Oh beautiful Anastasia. What have you done?? I am broken hearted. I can't fucking believe it....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The Russian Curling girl I currently have a huge crush on might have to give her Bronze Medal back for Doping. Oh beautiful Anastasia. What have you done?? I am broken hearted. I can't fucking believe it....

Probably a dude taking a lot of hormones.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
My visions during my meditations have been rather intense lately. Letting go of lots has freed parts of my mind to go to the really fun places of my consciousness.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I like walking around our office (open floor plan) & blatantly staring at folks' monitors until they minimize their web surfing.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Listening to the kick assedness of The Breeders new album today is making up for the suckyness of having wasted life/time watching "Suicide Squad" last night.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
I found it slightly ironic to hear radio ads for tanning salons while on vacation in Florida. If you spent like 10 min a day outside in the Florida sun, you're probably already tan.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I miss the parts bins at Radio Shack. It sucks to have to order a mini stereo jack online and then wait for it to arrive. Then to find out that the shitty Chinese one they sent me is the same one I need to replace. Who the fuck specs mini stereo jacks into a system. Folks need to learn about Phantom Power and how it will fry your phone if you have it on for no reason. First question a sound tech needs to answer correctly is what is Phantom Power and what is its intended usage. That and explain Balanced and Un-balanced.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I found it slightly ironic to hear radio ads for tanning salons while on vacation in Florida. If you spent like 10 min a day outside in the Florida sun, you're probably already tan.
You can't get your junk tanned walking around without getting arrested.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I miss the parts bins at Radio Shack. It sucks to have to order a mini stereo jack online and then wait for it to arrive. Then to find out that the shitty Chinese one they sent me is the same one I need to replace. Who the fuck specs mini stereo jacks into a system. Folks need to learn about Phantom Power and how it will fry your phone if you have it on for no reason. First question a sound tech needs to answer correctly is what is Phantom Power and what is its intended usage. That and explain Balanced and Un-balanced.

My local radio shack closed. I needed a 1000 Ohm resistor. Had to order it online. It cost $.05 but cost me $5 for shipping.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
They aint that bright, those who live down on 'muricas wang.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
My local radio shack closed. I needed a 1000 Ohm resistor. Had to order it online. It cost $.05 but cost me $5 for shipping.
I have decided that all future Electronic repairs I make will require parts purchasing from the person I am doing the work for. Including wheel service, shock and fork service, and adjustment. I no longer work on Analog equipment either. If I walk into your studio and you have any vintage equipment, I am walking out. No amount of discussion will be required. If you have canti brakes on your bike you should know how to adjust them...